First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Guys - Anybody else having issues with these lights?

Last month I noticed Blue patches in my white running lights from my 8 month old lights so I did a warranty claim with Morimoto. I installed them 10 days ago and the new driver light has red in the orange running lights already. I called them today and they're going to send me a 3rd set from a "NEW" batch that corrects the issue. Not sure why I didn't get the new batch 2 weeks ago.

I really like the lights and output at night is great but 3 sets to hopefully fix their issues doesn't have me confident in the quality. Anyway curious if anybody else is having these issues with their lights?
Sponsored

KKT

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read about someone in the bronco ladies forum with similar issues to yours. She’s on her 4th set in 9 months and switching to something else. I’ve had mine installed 3 weeks and they no longer operate as DRLs and half the time don’t connect when I turn the lights all the way on. I had one stuck on blue and 1 stuck on orange. Morimoto told me to unplug the lights an plug them back in again — that involves 40 min drive to my installer because the grill has to come out..:… unacceptable.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I read about someone in the bronco ladies forum with similar issues to yours. She’s on her 4th set in 9 months and switching to something else. I’ve had mine installed 3 weeks and they no longer operate as DRLs and half the time don’t connect when I turn the lights all the way on. I had one stuck on blue and 1 stuck on orange. Morimoto told me to unplug the lights an plug them back in again — that involves 40 min drive to my installer because the grill has to come out..:… unacceptable.
You shouldn't have to remove the grille to unplug and then plug them back in. Just loosen the wheel well liners and then unplug from the back of the headlights.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Guys - Anybody else having issues with these lights?

Last month I noticed Blue patches in my white running lights from my 8 month old lights so I did a warranty claim with Morimoto. I installed them 10 days ago and the new driver light has red in the orange running lights already. I called them today and they're going to send me a 3rd set from a "NEW" batch that corrects the issue. Not sure why I didn't get the new batch 2 weeks ago.

I really like the lights and output at night is great but 3 sets to hopefully fix their issues doesn't have me confident in the quality. Anyway curious if anybody else is having these issues with their lights?
If it makes you feel any better, I'm through 3 sets and possibly looking at a 4th set now. I swear these headlights are the cheap chinese knockoffs out there with a Morimoto sticker on them. And I know, a ton of people here on B6G talk about how great Morimoto is, but these certainly are not.

I just installed my 3rd set (in less than a year) the day after Christmas. This was to fix the different colored stips withing in the DRL, red, blue, green, you name it. Started out great. Lights actually were too high from factory (which was opposite of previous sets), and could be adjusted correctly. Color seems to be uniform in the 3-4 weeks since installing. But a few days ago I "thought" I saw the high beams flickering on and off by themselves. Not on my dash, but the headlight itself doing this. I just wrote it off. But, today driving in a light rain, wipers on, headlights on, I started to notice it again. When I stopped I took a look and sure enough, passenger side headlight, the high beam flickering on and off every few seconds. :mad: Like WTF? I even made sure to turn OFF auto high beams and it still did it.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it makes you feel any better, I'm through 3 sets and possibly looking at a 4th set now. I swear these headlights are the cheap chinese knockoffs out there with a Morimoto sticker on them. And I know, a ton of people here on B6G talk about how great Morimoto is, but these certainly are not.

I just installed my 3rd set (in less than a year) the day after Christmas. This was to fix the different colored stips withing in the DRL, red, blue, green, you name it. Started out great. Lights actually were too high from factory (which was opposite of previous sets), and could be adjusted correctly. Color seems to be uniform in the 3-4 weeks since installing. But a few days ago I "thought" I saw the high beams flickering on and off by themselves. Not on my dash, but the headlight itself doing this. I just wrote it off. But, today driving in a light rain, wipers on, headlights on, I started to notice it again. When I stopped I took a look and sure enough, passenger side headlight, the high beam flickering on and off every few seconds. :mad: Like WTF? I even made sure to turn OFF auto high beams and it still did it.
I installed the 3rd set last week and so far so good but I have zero confidence they'll last. The 2nd set had red in the DRL within 5 minutes of install so these are better but who knows for how long.

When speaking with Morimoto they ensured me these new sets had all the bugs worked out and the 2nd set I received must have been from the old batch. Sounds like a bunch of BS but time will tell.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed the 3rd set last week and so far so good but I have zero confidence they'll last. The 2nd set had red in the DRL within 5 minutes of install so these are better but who knows for how long.

When speaking with Morimoto they ensured me these new sets had all the bugs worked out and the 2nd set I received must have been from the old batch. Sounds like a bunch of BS but time will tell.
I got a response from Morimoto this morning. They state my issue is the high beam shield and cutting a wire won't solve my problem. Stated it's bouncing. I don't know how when I took this video it was sitting still.

AzureBandit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have an issues with these lights “bouncing” when driving down the road? The light pattern bounces. Makes people think I’m quickly flashing high beams when driving down the road… i have checked all the mounting points and none are loose.
Sponsored