Sponsored

MORRFlate vs Thor’s Lightning 4-tire air hose?

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the ThorsLightning, and endorse them 100%. Reasons:

1) Good customer service. They answer the phone, talk through issues, and send replacement parts out pronto. I needed two: 1] a defective manifold, replaced within days, and 2]problem with chucks, also replaced promptly.
2) It is fast. I go from 10 psi to 40 in under 5 minutes.
3) They have, as far as I know, the only permanent install for the Bronco. Their "Refuge" molle cage mounts with the screws (right side) which secure the rear-most hardtop section, over the wheel well. The downside is, if you want to take that rear roof section off, it's more complicated. Also, it's available only for the 2- and 4-door hardtop.

4) People complain about storing the hoses (clutter) 1) Like many vendors, ThorsLightning provides a round cover to coil them up. I wedge mine in between the right rear rollbar strut and the window. Stays put, out of the way. 2) When on the trail, I coil my hoses and hang them from the "Refuge" moll cage. They're very available, and out of the way for short periods. (Their carry bag isn't very good. Get a good strong box from Harbor Freight if you're going portable.)

5) My installer put in a remote shutoff switch on the main power line right before the compressor. I set up my hoses, turn the compressor's power switch on, then move to the front seat, where I monitor my pressure until I'm at my target psi. And as I said, it is fast. I just shut it down. Those of you with psi-set-and-forget compressors have an advantage over me, there.

I air down and up in about 10 minutes, including hose setup.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally got around to trying out my Thor’s Lightning 4 hose air system today, got a really great deal on Black Friday or was it Cyber Monday, one or the other. Man, this system is sweet, I have a ARB dual compressor and air down and up was pretty quick. I've been using a INDEFLATE 2 Hose system for years now and it works fine but I've been wanting to get a 4 hose system and when I saw the deal Thor's was giving I just had to have one. So glad I did. I really like Thor's air chucks and I even found the digital gauge to be pretty accurate.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a way to set a specific psi on the gauge that will shut it off when it hits that psi?

like what if I had 3 tires at 35 and one at 30 and I wanted to pump up to 40. Would I just have to watch for it to hit 40 on the 3 tires and then disconnect them and continue filling the lower tire that was at 30 originally?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to set a specific psi on the gauge that will shut it off when it hits that psi?

like what if I had 3 tires at 35 and one at 30 and I wanted to pump up to 40. Would I just have to watch for it to hit 40 on the 3 tires and then disconnect them and continue filling the lower tire that was at 30 originally?
It should balance out, e.g. air the one tire up until it matches the others. Not an expert on it, but this has happened to me and I just hook them all up and they end up three alike and one 1psi off or so.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It should balance out, e.g. air the one tire up until it matches the others. Not an expert on it, but this has happened to me and I just hook them all up and they end up three alike and one 1psi off or so.
That's correct, they should balance out, Thor's even said in the instructions to wait 10 or 15 seconds before you do anything so the tires can balance out. There is not automatic shutoff, you need to monitor and manually shut it off when you reach your desired pressure.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So is Thor’s Lightning better than Morrflate? I want to get the dual and to inflate all 4 tires at once. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is Thor’s Lightning better than Morrflate? I want to get the dual and to inflate all 4 tires at once. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
I can't speak for Morrflate but my Thor’s Lightning has been great.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems Thors now has a few different compressors, including one (not unique to them) which will shut off at a target psi. I've had one of theirs for two years now, moderate use, and a minor accessory problem was resolved with a phone call. (They pick up.) I had a faulty manifold, they shipped a replacement right away, and included an upgrade in chucks.

As I said in my post above (December 10) I can air down and back up in about 10 minutes, about half is hose hookup/disconnect, and the rest is deflation or pumping up. I go from 10 to 40 psi in a bit under 5 minutes (OEM Goodyears, 35s).

I've also mention on some thread, somewhere, that we tend to brag about our compressor output the way we used to brag about acceleration.

Edit Check their current prices, I noticed a few discounts.

Last edited:

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't go wrong with either. Both have compressors with automatic shut off. I have the Morrflate and it's great.

Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't go wrong with either. Both have compressors with automatic shut off. I have the Morrflate and it's great.
If I have a Viar compressor (think it’s the 450P), can I just hook up one of these hose kits? I suppose the Viar may not be as fast as some of the other brands out there, but I can still save some time by inflating 4 tires simultaneously?

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I couldn't wait so last night I ordered Morrflate. To me both of these compressors seem exactly the same, the only reason I chose Morrflate is because it just recently came out with an update and it has improved on a few different things including major upgrades in heat sinking etc... I actually like the Red color in Thor's Lightning and was considering getting the bracket as well; however, they don't make the bracket in Red anymore and it can't be used on a soft top Bronco just Hard Top. Plus I want to get more equipment in the back fornoverlanding so maybe installing the compressor in the rear is not the best idea. I don't believe you can go wrong with either of these setups.

Last edited:

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I couldn't wait so last night I ordered Morrflate. To me both of these compressors seem exactly the same, the only reason I chose Morrflate is because it just recently came out with an update and it has improved on a few different things including major upgrades in heat sinking etc... I actually like the Red color in Thor's Lightning and was considering getting the bracket as well; however, they don't make the bracket in Red anymore and it can't be used on a soft top Bronco just Hard Top. Plus I want to get more equipment in the back fornoverlanding so maybe installing the compressor in the rear is not the best idea. I don't believe you can go wrong with either of these setups.
I’m leaning toward the morrflate system.
Here’s a good review of the one you ordered: