Sponsored

MORRFlate vs Thor’s Lightning 4-tire air hose?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have any experience with either of these 4-tire simultaneous air up hoses?
I have the Morrflate two tire version (didn’t want to put away four snakes) and a Morrflate portable compressor for 1-2 tires (wanted to use it on my motorcycles as well). Quality stuff.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, that Thor system is only a little more than what I spent building my own kit.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Morrflate two tire version (didn’t want to put away four snakes) and a Morrflate portable compressor for 1-2 tires (wanted to use it on my motorcycles as well). Quality stuff.
The 4 wheel version has only 2 snakes as well! lol

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a whole lot of variation between them to be honest.

I will say MORRFlate has a group buy going on right now on Reddit for 30% off... if you... uhh... care to venture to that side of the internet.

It's also something you can easily build yourself, not complicated stuff at all. I've built a few in the past for airing up side-by-sides. BUT... I priced out building my own hoses for the Bronco awhile ago and it was within ~$25 of what you can find online right now with all of the holiday sales. So probably not worth it.

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the Thors Lightning hose kit , and use it with my ARB onboard air system. Its such a game changer it may be my favorite mod.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a whole lot of variation between them to be honest.

I will say MORRFlate has a group buy going on right now on Reddit for 30% off... if you... uhh... care to venture to that side of the internet.

It's also something you can easily build yourself, not complicated stuff at all. I've been a few in the past for airing up side-by-sides. BUT... I priced out building my own hoses for the Bronco awhile ago and it was within ~$25 of what you can find online right now with all of the holiday sales. So probably not worth it.
Dagummit… I watched some reviews on the Thors system and just pulled the trigger on it before I saw your post. I came to the same conclusion about building my own. Would rather spend the extra $20 and save my time.

But now I may cancel that order because I think the MORRFlate would come in about $18-20 cheaper with the 30% off. Thanks for the tip!

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Thor one, it’s been great. And if you have a family member who is a nurse or works in a school you can get an additional discount on top of the Black Friday.

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the MORRFlate for almost a year and it works fantastic with my on-board ARB twin compressor.
I did make my own “jumper” from the ARB to the MORRFlate instead of buying the Airup kits from either company.
It cost me about $12 bucks between hoses and connectors that I purchased from Harbor Freight.

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the MorrFlate 4 wheel hoses and their compressor and both have been fantastic.

Their customer service is also incredible, last year I ordered mine in November and they went back ordered for a few weeks, they shipped the week after Black Friday so they refunded everyone a portion to honor the Black Friday price as a thank you without even needing to ask.

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased the Thor system last year on a Christmas sale. About the same $ as building my own. I had a sticking valve. Went to Bronco Celebration West and they were at the meet. They did not have a valve. But replaced the bag, hoses and quick connects with updated connectors with rubber covers on the end. There warranty and customer service went way beyond what I expected.
Sponsored