First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll love the Macan. I bought an Audi SQ5 in 2015 because the wait was too long for the lower priced Macans. The Porsche drives like a car but has the utility of a small SUV.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could buy a Macan with a manual, I might have gone that route as well, honestly.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you got what you want, but who compares a Ford to a Porsche? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
It’s Ford vs Ferrari, not Ford vs Porsche. ;)

OP
OP

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad you got what you want, but who compares a Ford to a Porsche? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Oh, Solana Beach, now I get it (I used to work in OC), image first, function second.

I crossed shopped lots of different cars, including the Bronco. And your childish assertion that because I live in Solana Beach that “image” was first is just that, childish. Why do people get personal on a forum, grow up man.

Each car I considered had attributes that were worth considering in my opinion. You certainly don’t have to agree.

I looked at the new Defender: love the new design but the 4 door seemed too big and the 2 door has a very impractical rear storage area.

Audi Allroad: Like this a lot, practical and nice looking. Pretty hard to get right now so I’d be very limited on any choices.

Porsche 997.1, 997.2, 993 and 3.2 Carrera’s: Non depreciating (at least for now) bridge car to electric in 3-4 years. High fun factor. I’ve owned several Porsche’s over the years, I love em’ but prices are really high right now and I haven’t found the right one for my daily that makes sense.

Tesla Model 3 and Y: Stark interiors make these seem like an appliance to me. Cool tech but build quality concerns and the interior pushed me away.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a two time owner of 2011 and 2015 VW Touareg TDI’s, I understand the concept of an SUV that is a great driver’s car, a great tow vehicle, and in the case of the diesel I averaged 29 mpg highway. The Touareg’s smaller cousin, the Mecan is a fantastic vehicle to drive and I believe Porsche’s best selling model.

As for “needing” a Bronco, I used to do relatively hardcore rock crawling in my 87 Bronco from when I purchased it in 1997 and sold in in 2020. Now my Offroad use will be the beach, which can be handled by most any 4x4 (they allow unibody crossovers on the beach), but I like the compact form factor and manual transmission of the 2 door Bronco. If I weren’t buying a Bronco I’d be fine with the Tacoma I have now, or on the SUV side I’d probably buy a GX460.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn't meant to criticize you at all. I do think that you identified the fact that the OP had the maturity to realize that he could get something else without throwing a tantrum.

As for the Warn winches... I decided to go hardcore and go with the HF Apex... LOL. ;)
Hey, just want to be clear, we're good man. I've read your posts since you joined and I respect your perspective on many areas.

It's a forum, so we can debate a little and help each other make more sense, then others learn from the discussion.

To the OPs post, I was being cheeky, but don't want anyone to read my being cute as disrespect to him, nor to your reply to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Madman- I wasn’t directing my comment to you; I was coming back at North 7. Apologies if you thought I was upset with your post, I wasn’t at all and saw the humor.

I participate on a few car enthusiast forums: IH8Mud (Land Crusiers), GMT400 (mid year Chevy Trucks) and a few Porsche forums. These forums for enthusiasts are a great way to share and exchange information relating to these makes. When members hide behind their keyboards and make non constructive personal statements that are stupid these forums disintegrate. Cheeky and sarcastic humor is welcome and appreciated in my book.

PS- I hope I like the Macan, I’m looking forward to picking it up on Wednesday.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I crossed shopped lots of different cars, including the Bronco, because I live in Solana Beach that “image” was first is just that, why do people get personal on a forum
non constructive personal statements that are stupid these forums disintegrate. Cheeky and sarcastic humor is welcome and appreciated in my book.
One person's "Cheeky and sarcastic humor" is another person's "non constructive personal statements", you know that's the way forums roll. Having lived in SoCal for years I know full well the number of people that buy or lease for image, that is not a personal statement it is a simple fact of SoCal. I absolutely love Porsche's but they were entirely impractical for my 55 mile commute.

Many people have come and gone on the forum looking at the Bronco as the new image and have no desire to off-road, that is 100% okay, buy what you like to drive. My simple statement was many buy what they think others believe they should drive, it is just odd cross shopping a Porsche and Bronco, two entirely different class vehicles, but since you have a history with Porsche, I can respect that.

Last edited:

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I crossed shopped lots of different cars, including the Bronco. And your childish assertion that because I live in Solana Beach that “image” was first is just that, childish. Why do people get personal on a forum, grow up man.

Each car I considered had attributes that were worth considering in my opinion. You certainly don’t have to agree.

I looked at the new Defender: love the new design but the 4 door seemed too big and the 2 door has a very impractical rear storage area.

Audi Allroad: Like this a lot, practical and nice looking. Pretty hard to get right now so I’d be very limited on any choices.

Porsche 997.1, 997.2, 993 and 3.2 Carrera’s: Non depreciating (at least for now) bridge car to electric in 3-4 years. High fun factor. I’ve owned several Porsche’s over the years, I love em’ but prices are really high right now and I haven’t found the right one for my daily that makes sense.

Tesla Model 3 and Y: Stark interiors make these seem like an appliance to me. Cool tech but build quality concerns and the interior pushed me away.
I’d relocate from DC to Solana Beach in a heartbeat if I could!

I also looked at the Defender 90 but at $ 15k more than my Bronco build and too many questions about reliability, I’m just going to wait it out.

OP
OP

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All good.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m officially out. My original decision to buy a Bronco was based on the need for a comfortable daily driver. I ordered a loaded up Badlands early on Day 2. Since then all my dealer has told is to be patient through the delays. While I love the aesthetics of the Bronco I’ve come to think it will not suit my needs as much as I’d thought so I started looking around. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a new Macan S. Since I also have a capable Chevy 4WD pickup for off road needs/fun the Badlands seemed like more than I needed and a compromise to the performance & luxury equation offered by the Macan S. Now that I’ve written the big check at the Porsche dealer I have no doubt I’ll get an email from Ford telling my Bronco is about to be built! I truly hope Ford gets this launch in high gear soon and you all get the Bronco’s you’ve ordered. I’ve seen a few in the wild and at the dealer and they do look absolutely awesome.
Fine Mr. Snooty McSnootybutt. Can't really give any one a hard time for going Porsche though.
Sponsored