Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you getting in real world driving? Add your model, engine, trans, Sas or not. Before I got mine I really wanted to see real world numbers. Not complaining….. smiles per gallon.
2.3L Badlands, Manual Trans | 14,476 Miles
  • 15-17 mpg City Driving
  • 18-24 mpg Interstate driving (variance depends on altitude, long term terrain such as hilly region, but I have sustained 24 mpg for about 200 miles before)
  • Premium Octane Gas (91-93) makes a difference for hwy driving too.
  • Sweet spot for speed seemed to be around 65 mph for higher mpg.
  • My last trip was to Denver from washington dc I averaged around 20.2 mpg. that was tough to keep efficient as huge swaths of the journey was 75 mph on I-70.
  • I get better gas mileage manually handling the stick rather than using the cruise control. I think I expect to lose around 2-3mpg with the adaptive cruise on compared to handling the manual myself. Just comes down to timing and more precise management.
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey folks, any idea if there is a way to calculate fuel economy in the following situation? I changed my base tires from the 30" Dueler H/T (standard on Base) to 33" dueler A/T's I have not been able to get my dealership to correct the speedometer. I am showing 17.1 MPG on my trip to and from work. How can I figure out what that really is?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A better question is what is your cost per mile as we are all paying about 45% more for gas than we were a year ago. The national average is $4.22 per gallon for regular today vs. $2.91 a year ago. I paid $3.85 last time I filled up here in Minnesota which works out to about 22.6 cents per mile.

Ford Bronco MPG - what is yours? Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.23.14 AM

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey folks, any idea if there is a way to calculate fuel economy in the following situation? I changed my base tires from the 30" Dueler H/T (standard on Base) to 33" dueler A/T's I have not been able to get my dealership to correct the speedometer. I am showing 17.1 MPG on my trip to and from work. How can I figure out what that really is?

Use this calculator and then divide the actual speed by the base speed. Multiply that by your MPG. FWIW, the calculator on my Bronco is not accurate, it over estimates fuel economy by about 0.7mpg.

https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m at 800 miles on a 2.7 Sasquatch badlands with stock size BFG AT KO2’s. So far I’m at 16.6, but driving easy during the break in period.

ny176

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, 3 series,Bronco 2 door outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door OBX with the 2.7 L , non squatch Just picked up last weds, 14.1 gallons and steadily climbing. All city/local miles. I only have 100 miles on the OD. Still burning the regular tank of gas from the dealership. After that, only premium gas goes inside my Bronco.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What I have found is that when in ECO mode, you have to put in the effort for it to yield better results. You will notice that eco mode really sucks the fun out of the vehicle lol. So the first few times I used it, I found myself actually driving it a little harder to drive like I normally do.

So now when I do eco mode, I ease into the throttle, don't speed, coast as much as possible and use cruise control a ton. I have gotten as high as 25.5 in eco mode. Using the same driving strategy in normal I hover around 22-23.

I have heard a lot of people say it, and its true with the eco boost. You can have Eco or boost but you can't have both lol.
Even on my 5.0 F-150, I get no better mileage in Eco, and sometimes 1 mpg worse than Normal mode, with all of the steep hills I have around here. In Eco mode it feels like the powertrain is desperate to not downshift, thus running less efficiently; while in Normal mode it says "hold my beer" and does what it needs to. I dunno. I'm not a mechanic, I'm not a scientist, I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.... but my ears, seat-of-pants, and gut all tell me that the truck takes my hilly drive in Normal in a more easy and relaxed fashion than it does in Eco.

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sitting at 17.3.
  • Auto
  • Non-Sas
  • 285/70/17's
  • Normal mode 100% of the time
I live in a small town so most of my trips are 2-5 mile chunks

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

80. Sometimes. No.
Ok, I am always hovering between 65-74 on the Cruise on All Highway. I am getting between 21-22 mpg. I guess anything over 75 will bring the mpg down.

I guess as you live in Texas the Speed Limit is above 70-75 anyways. No choice for you.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I average about 17.5-18.1 in my base 4 door 2.3 with 285/75/16s. I drive about 65-70 mph for 30 miles to and from work. Worst I have gotten was 12 mpg on the way to the beach fighting really windy conditions at 75 mph.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just completed a road trip from Baltimore to Kiawah Sout Carolina and back in my 2.7 AT SAS BD. Averaged 18.5 running High octane. I was pretty happy with that. Around home I was averaging 17 so adding more highway mileage into the calc it faired better in overall MPG. I also feel that as the engine breaks in i'm seeing improved mileage. I'm at around 5k miles.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.3L 4door non squatch BB. I run 87 octane.
I took delivery in December and was getting 19mpg doing suburban driving. Was cold here in Michigan and I did use remote start to let it heat up sometimes

Fast forward I'm now getting 23mpg -same driving. I drive in Eco mode and cruise control when I can.
Not sure if the improvement is because of the warmer temps, not letting it warm up, the engine is broken in etc... but definitely much better than when I first got it.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7L. I am 71 years old and drive very conservatively. Why not, I enjoy driving (cruising) this vehicle. Can’t wait to get it off the road.

MPG since produced is 17.5 MPG

In Houston with concrete streets:
Slightly over 17 MPG city.
Slightly over 22 MPG freeway.

Lead foot gas mileage 10 to 12 MPG, or less.

As a retired industrial startup and project engineer/manager I had a boss long ago who told me, “any idiot can operate a piece of equipment inefficiently, it’s your job to show and teach them (our client operators) how to operate the equipment as efficient as possible, whether they want to do that or not.”
Sponsored