Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,

I've had my Bronco about a month now. 4dr Badlands, Lux. I've removed the doors twice, and both times a problem is occurring for about half of the vehicle starts.

As soon as I press the ignition button, multiple chimes and warnings display on the dash:

- Service AdvanceTrac
- Check Brake System
- Hill Start Assist Not Available
- Pre-Collision Assist Not Available

Again, this ONLY happens with all doors removed, and only about half of the time. I contact my dealer salesperson who just told me to contact Service to set up an appointment.

Anyone else see this?
Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes it happens to me with the doors off. I’m not worried about it I’m sure there will be a software update at some point to fix it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was brought up on some other threads. apparently there's a disclaimer that says the doors should only be removed off-road. So in the vehicle is in a on-road mode, it can complain.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah another couple members were having this issue also. I think we just need to wait for an OTA update to resolve some of these quirks. As far as I can remember, I think disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a minute seemed to help for a bit. Otherwise, I would wait for an update instead of taking it in for service.

Sponsored

Jandsnagel

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler Pacifica 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My memory isn’t nearly as good as it used to be, but I thought there was a post about this. I think the answer was to make sure that your seatbelt is fastened before starting the vehicle.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah that's the one. So stupid question, but have we confirmed that we are allowed to remove the doors for normal driving?

I mean that sticker literally suggest that the Bronco was not designed to have the doors removed unless you're off-roading. I mean we all know Jeep people do it, I do it, and Broncos supposed to compete with Jeep...so WTF Ford?

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does it as well. Dealer is looking into solutions. I will say it does it less with seat belt on and never does it if you remote start.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solution from other users, is to put your seat belt ON before starting the engine. Some have reported that those codes disappeared after they started in that order.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that's the one. So stupid question, but have we confirmed that we are allowed to remove the doors for normal driving?

I mean that sticker literally suggest that the Bronco was not designed to have the doors removed unless you're off-roading. I mean we all know Jeep people do it, I do it, and Broncos supposed to compete with Jeep...so WTF Ford?
I mean I sure as hell have been driving without doors around town haha
Sponsored