Sponsored

Musky, damp smell BD 2023 800 miles HTop.

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check the cabin air filter behind the glove box, I had a similar smell in the warm humid summer, and replacing the air filter and spraying some Lysol into the AC ducts seems to have resolved the issue.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At my old ford plant to dry a car out we would crank the vehicle, turn the heat on wide open and let it run for 30 minutes. Pull the floor mats up before heating. Try that see if the smell goes away. If you find any dampness after the 30 min you found your problem spot.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this smell in my 2022 Dirt Mountain Badlands. Always garaged, although my garage is fairly humid in the summer. Bad smell at startup through the AC vents that lasts for about 5-10 seconds then goes away completely. I have replaced the stock cabin filter for IAG's HEPA carbon filter and sprayed Ozium air sanitizer. I'll be trying those DampRid absorbers as suggested earlier.

OP
OP
JarheadE5

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just dropped it off at the dealer. Let’s see what they say.
Check the cabin air filter behind the glove box, I had a similar smell in the warm humid summer, and replacing the air filter and spraying some Lysol into the AC ducts seems to have resolved the issue.
thanks- Bronco at the dealer with defogger, rear glass issue. Let’s see what they say about the leak as well.
At my old ford plant to dry a car out we would crank the vehicle, turn the heat on wide open and let it run for 30 minutes. Pull the floor mats up before heating. Try that see if the smell goes away. If you find any dampness after the 30 min you found your problem spot.
thank you. We will do that. Much appreciated, taking the Time to comment! Have a great day.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so I've had a DampRid hanging in this spot for over two weeks. It is approaching 20% full. I have let the truck run on max heat for a half hour. No damp anything that I can feel under the floormats. The smell remains. I feel like maybe the smell has changed a little over time, being a more body odor like smell now. Any other ideas or should the dealer investigate? For anyone else with this issue, do you have a humid garage? I know my garage is fairly humid but is this just a Ford thing? Four non-Ford vehicles in the same garage haven't developed any issue like this.

Ford Bronco Musky, damp smell BD 2023 800 miles HTop. IMG_20231023_150900-2

Sponsored
OP
OP
JarheadE5

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using the same bag. Maybe is the way the plastic smells after a few days. Dealer could not find a leak, I cant Either. Bag has some crystals but nothing more than normal stuff. Miami weather. I’m either going to get used to it, it will eventually go away or get worse. To be continued …

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using the same bag. Maybe is the way the plastic smells after a few days. Dealer could not find a leak, I cant Either. Bag has some crystals but nothing more than normal stuff. Miami weather. I’m either going to get used to it, it will eventually go away or get worse. To be continued …
Your Bronco is brand new and new to you? I have a '22 that I've owned since August '22. The bad smell has only been going on for me in the past 3 months. It's not a brand new plastic smell I'm smelling. Wanted to mention too that the smell is present every time I turn the truck on, no matter how long it has sat. Will have to see if the winter months knock it out.

OP
OP
JarheadE5

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brand new 1000 miles now. Started noticing some other smell besides new car smell about a month ago. Wife calls me crazy. Had to show her this thread. Ill do the full heat on for 30 min. Dealer even “said” they check air filter by glove box.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check the drain holes at the bottom of your doors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JarheadE5

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok so I've had a DampRid hanging in this spot for over two weeks. It is approaching 20% full. I have let the truck run on max heat for a half hour. No damp anything that I can feel under the floormats. The smell remains. I feel like maybe the smell has changed a little over time, being a more body odor like smell now. Any other ideas or should the dealer investigate? For anyone else with this issue, do you have a humid garage? I know my garage is fairly humid but is this just a Ford thing? Four non-Ford vehicles in the same garage haven't developed any issue like this.

Ford Bronco Musky, damp smell BD 2023 800 miles HTop. IMG_20231023_150900-2
Ford Bronco Musky, damp smell BD 2023 800 miles HTop. IMG_4087
either I’m getting used to the smell or this works. In my mind, one is good, maybe should put two bags….

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the drain holes at the bottom of your doors.
My door drain holes appear to be clear and unobstructed. I'm still searching for the actual AC drain tube and haven't had time to remove and skid plates and poke around. After driving and parking the truck you can hear a sizzle, like water dropping onto a hot part. I know I've read other posts on here saying the same. Just wondering if it's related to the AC drain or something builds up over time, especially with the skid plates.

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2 Door Base & ‘23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My door drain holes appear to be clear and unobstructed. I'm still searching for the actual AC drain tube and haven't had time to remove and skid plates and poke around. After driving and parking the truck you can hear a sizzle, like water dropping onto a hot part. I know I've read other posts on here saying the same. Just wondering if it's related to the AC drain or something builds up over time, especially with the skid plates.
Did you ever figure this out? I'm experiencing similar smell and it's driving me crazy. Cant find a leak, replaced cabin air filter, hung DryRid bag and smell still comes on when first getting into vehicle. Sprayed Lysol into vent and it seems to work for a day but smell comes back. Dealership says they will need 2-3 days to diagnose/fix and I haven't been able to make time to be without vehicle that long yet. Taking time off from work soon to take to dealer, but if you found a fix maybe that will work for mine as well?

OP
OP
JarheadE5

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you ever figure this out? I'm experiencing similar smell and it's driving me crazy. Cant find a leak, replaced cabin air filter, hung DryRid bag and smell still comes on when first getting into vehicle. Sprayed Lysol into vent and it seems to work for a day but smell comes back. Dealership says they will need 2-3 days to diagnose/fix and I haven't been able to make time to be without vehicle that long yet. Taking time off from work soon to take to dealer, but if you found a fix maybe that will work for mine as well?
Unfortunately I wasted my time with the dealer, no leak was found. Damp bags just did the job they’re supposed to do, miami so moisture bound to happen. Smell, I hate to say it, went away after a few months. Maybe it’s the plastic interior, will never know. Going on 2500 miles and learning to ride dirty with my side chick, bronco! Sorry I was Of zero help!

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not figure out the cause or the location of the AC drain line. After filling one whole damprid bag over maybe two months the smell has just gone away. Around the time I took the bag out it had started to get cooler outside. Not sure how related all the factors are but I'll be asking my dealer to investigate next time I drop it off for service. Let us know if your dealer finds anything.
Sponsored