W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If Booger ever gets wet I’m dropping a dehumidifier in there. Wait, then I will dry rot my acoustic panels.
Ford Bronco 2022 Full Size Bronco Interior Smell B3B16B50-8610-403A-A683-E4A20D134838
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
new vehicle? Or lasting like over 6 months and never goes away?
I’ve had it since April. I assume outgassing would be worse in the summer - windows shut and getting very hot in sun. I’m hoping it dissipates by winter.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had it since April. I assume outgassing would be worse in the summer - windows shut and getting very hot in sun. I’m hoping it dissipates by winter.
Leather or Cloth? Got mine in early July. It’s still pretty strong smelling, but not a terrible smell, but it is a tad stronger than previous new car smells.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leather or Cloth? Got mine in early July. It’s still pretty strong smelling, but not a terrible smell, but it is a tad stronger than previous new car smells.
Leather - if you call it that 😀. The smell is not vomit inducing. Just doesn’t smell like other new cars. My 2021 MB still smells of leather and has that new car smell.

Greasyfingers429

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Range Rover Sport Td6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First time mine was rained on last year with the top down, I noticed the jack compartment never really drained and dried out. So I had propped it open and all was well. This year I kinda forgot about that, and I am immediately regretting it. It sat in the garage for a week after a good rain, so all that moisture has permeated the flocking/felt surfaces under the cargo floor and gotten very musty. I have dried it/sprayed with Lysol, and kept everything open for a weekend and it’s still pretty bad.
I wonder if the cargo floor is removable, since I get a feeling there are more crevices holding moisture.

Sponsored

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now here ive been blaming my dog Porkchop. Glad im not the only one. The smell is terrible.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have to ask…do you live in a humid environment or a dry climate? Is there anything you aren’t telling us like your car got rained on with the top off?

Feel like there’s some important information being left out…

Or are you saying your car never got wet inside and it still smells?

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a smell that is like rotten milk/ vomit.. I’ve had it at multiple dealerships and they cannot figure out why. They can confirm that it did not leak or nothing spilled. They used a black light to check. It’s coming from the plastics. The ford service hotline says it’s operating so nothing is coming errs under warranty but they are aware of the problem. They suggested I sell the bronco to fix the problem
If something plastic smells like vomit it's because it contains Butyric acid. It's why your old plastic screwdriver handles make your toolbox smell like vomit. I wonder if there's something in the Bronco that contains it.

It's also why parmesan cheese smells like vomit too (yet it's still delicious, lol). It's also why Hershey's chocolate tastes like actual vomit and is known throughout the world as the worst chocolate.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If something plastic smells like vomit it's because it contains Butyric acid. It's why your old plastic screwdriver handles make your toolbox smell like vomit. I wonder if there's something in the Bronco that contains it.

It's also why parmesan cheese smells like vomit too (yet it's still delicious, lol). It's also why Hershey's chocolate tastes like actual vomit and is known throughout the world as the worst chocolate.
I have that tool box problem.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 full size Badlands-

The rear cargo area liner and jack hatch cover in my Badlands smells horrific if it gets the slightest bit wet. I’m talking so bad that it smells like a dead animal. We thought we had a dead rat in there somewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this? Obviously poor R&D with the materials Ford used…
My vehicle still has a new car smell, nothing foul at all, over a year later.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bag for my front hard top panels smells like mildew.
Sponsored