Sponsored

Full-Size or Mid-size for the New Bronco?

2021 Bronco: Full-Size or Mid-Size?

• I want mine Full-sized, based on the F-150 - similar to the '78-'96 models.

• Give me something Mid-Sized, closer in size to the next-gen Ranger.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Not saying Ford isn’t considering a tremor for the F150 but If they’re testing a half ass raptor why would they use a raptor. The tremor would not be a model above the raptor... . . .
A lot of that mule was not Raptor. They have also clearly used the body of a different vehicle to do testing on a regular basis ... the Bronco should make that obvious.

It could be just about anything. I will speculate an Expedition --- it already uses the HO 3.5 and has a similar wheelbase.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A lot of that mule was not Raptor. They have also clearly used the body of a different vehicle to do testing on a regular basis ... the Bronco should make that obvious.

It could be just about anything. I will speculate an Expedition --- it already uses the HO 3.5 and has a similar wheelbase.
Like what? Not arguing, but to me it has identical LCA’s, shocks, fender gap and the front stance looks identical using the stock raptor wheels. The rear suspension could be debatable but looks like hacked up bedsides to accommodate the shortened frame.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked closer at the Raptor mule and no longer believe it has a 5.5’ bed. There appears to be about 4-6” of additional material ahead of the crease in front of the rear tire. Also the bed cap appears to be spliced together at this point.

If it has a 6’ bed it would have a wheelbase of about 116”, identical to the JKU, and 6” shorter than the expy. Is this our Rock Monster? Full width axles on midsize rigs are very popular in Moab.

Last edited:

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a source at Ford that will at least confirm or deny major things, like if a prototype is a Bronco or not. When I asked him about the F-150 mule he confirmed that it was an F-150 “tremor” that may possibly happen and not a Bronco. You can check my post history I posted that before this article, which reconfirms what he told me.

http://fordauthority.com/2019/07/ford-considering-tremor-package-f-150-pickup/
Your “source” also “confirmed” that the Colorado mule was a Courier which it clearly is not. So forgive me if I don’t believe anything you say.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your “source” also “confirmed” that the Colorado mule was a Courier which it clearly is not. So forgive me if I don’t believe anything you say.
He didn’t specify what type of courier mule it was, just said it was one and left it at that. I’m still very confused by it as well but all the info he has given me has been accurate at this point.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has been very clear there is an escape based bronco and a next gen ranger bronco.
They have also said the Bronco will be a line of vehicles. Ford struck gold with the raptor and with the out of control market for the old broncos, Ford could make a top of the line limited production retro looking FSB 2 door convertible using the current raptor drive train and charge $75k for it. Just like the raptor, they can create something so badass it doesn’t compete head to head with anything. Like I said, it’s wishful thinking and I may be dreaming but Ford can do it and has been releasing vehicles nobody saw coming.
All 3 would be targeted perfectly at their customer. Escape bronco for the folks that live in nasty weather and cross shop Subaru’s and renegades. Ranger bronco for the die hard trail guys, and those that hate full size vehicles. FSB for the wow factor, get people in the dealer and folks like me that are in the SouthWest with year round sunshine, vast expanses of desert to let the horsepower run, camping adventures and the car line at the kids school
I like you!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. . .They have also said the Bronco will be a line of vehicles. . .
I don't think Ford has ever indicated that. That idea was speculation on the part of some "journalist".

We don't even know that the Bronco name will be associated with what is by Ford referred to as the 'small rugged utility' and by the general public as the "Baby Bronco". That was just the result of learning about them at the same time and having similar marketing phrases used to describe them.

The only way it really makes sense to me that the Bronco name will apply to multiple models is if the 3 and 5 door vehicles are counted as separate models as the Wrangler and Wrangler-Unlimited are.

This bit of confusion is what led to people speculating that a FSB was forthcoming.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
just get a supercab raptor with a sunroof and put a camper shell on it. Boom there's 90% of a FSB.
Just buy a Ranger and put a camper shell on it. Boom theres 90% of a MSB

Yeah, not a huge fan of that answer, are ya?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you misread a lot.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also it's my understanding that the styling didn't go over well with the focus groups who saw it so it had to be changed. Changing styling adds more time to it.
Sponsored