chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the graphic I was talking about. If you go straight up from Bronco and baby Bronco nothing but opportunity.

As for saying that it would hurt f150 sales bs. Also saying that having a Bronco or raptor type body on frame large suv would kill the expedition or that it would compete with the fx4 also bs. Why does Ford make different trim levels on the f150 then...Becasue not everyone wants a Raptor or can afford one, but they also sell a ton of them. Nick P is right, GM sent a shot at Ford with the new at4 package. Ford knows this is untapped market and will fire back. To me it fits the strategic family approach that Ford is taking I.E. Bronco, Mustang, ect. Also don’t forget that Jeep is coming out with the wagoner, large body on frame suv. Ford is taking on Jeep as a brand not just the wrangler. If they were there would be no baby Bronco.
The Ford answer to the AT4 is the Tremor package... I love the looks of the AT4, but it doesn't add much capability. The nice thing about the AT4 package is that it doesn't lower the tow rating like the Tremor does.

A Tremor version Expedition? It wouldn't be crazy to do a Raptor Expedition.. Building anything bigger would be risky if gas prices went up.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford answer to the AT4 is the Tremor package...
Tremor was about taking on the Power Wagon with less superduty capability compromise. It won't go as far as the PW off road, but it can still do everything normal people would want a 3/4 or 1-ton for.

I was really hoping for a serious Bronco Tremor with rugged parts and no compromise utility, but we haven't seen or heard trace of one yet.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The AT4 is GMC’s attempt to further distinguish themselves from Chevy, it’s a rebranded/remarketed Z71 therefore Fords answer has always been the FX4.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The AT4 is GMC’s attempt to further distinguish themselves from Chevy, it’s a rebranded/remarketed Z71 therefore Fords answer has always been the FX4.
Not exactly AT4 is also available in the Chevy as Trail Boss. AT4/Trail Boss get 2" lift with Duratracs on the 1/2 tons, No lift on the 3/4 and 1 tons.

I don't see the Tremor being close to the Power Wagon (which gets front locker, swaybar disconnect) Tremor gets the diesel though and much higher tow ratings.

On the other hand, Ford doesn't seem to have a problem selling $70-80k Expeditions.. Maybe they don't see a market for $90k Expedition or larger Raptors?

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford answer to the AT4 is the Tremor package... I love the looks of the AT4, but it doesn't add much capability. The nice thing about the AT4 package is that it doesn't lower the tow rating like the Tremor does.

A Tremor version Expedition? It wouldn't be crazy to do a Raptor Expedition.. Building anything bigger would be risky if gas prices went up.
I would guess if you would have the ca-ching for a Raptor Expedition, $6/gal premium would be a minor inconvenience.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not exactly AT4 is also available in the Chevy as Trail Boss. AT4/Trail Boss get 2" lift with Duratracs on the 1/2 tons, No lift on the 3/4 and 1 tons.

I don't see the Tremor being close to the Power Wagon (which gets front locker, swaybar disconnect) Tremor gets the diesel though and much higher tow ratings.

On the other hand, Ford doesn't seem to have a problem selling $70-80k Expeditions.. Maybe they don't see a market for $90k Expedition or larger Raptors?
there is a VERY small market for $90+k Expedition Raptors. Because at that point most people would just get a Land Rover Range Rover that have that kind of money.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the graphic I was talking about. If you go straight up from Bronco and baby Bronco nothing but opportunity.

As for saying that it would hurt f150 sales bs. Also saying that having a Bronco or raptor type body on frame large suv would kill the expedition or that it would compete with the fx4 also bs. Why does Ford make different trim levels on the f150 then...Becasue not everyone wants a Raptor or can afford one, but they also sell a ton of them. Nick P is right, GM sent a shot at Ford with the new at4 package. Ford knows this is untapped market and will fire back. To me it fits the strategic family approach that Ford is taking I.E. Bronco, Mustang, ect. Also don’t forget that Jeep is coming out with the wagoner, large body on frame suv. Ford is taking on Jeep as a brand not just the wrangler. If they were there would be no baby Bronco.
Bud Jeep does have baby bronco it's called the renegade

OP
OP

Kpowledge

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bud Jeep does have baby bronco it's called the renegade
Yes that is my point. Ford could have just said escape is close enough but instead they are releasing a Bronco to compete directly with Jeep. The wagoner will be coming soon. FSB would be in that space.

Everyone saying Ford already has that is a walking contradiction. Baby Bronco = Escape. There is also the Bronco Truck rumors, by your logic why would they do that they already have the Ranger.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes that is my point. Ford could have just said escape is close enough but instead they are releasing a Bronco to compete directly with Jeep. The wagoner will be coming soon. FSB would be in that space.

Everyone saying Ford already has that is a walking contradiction. Baby Bronco = Escape. There is also the Bronco Truck rumors, by your logic why would they do that they already have the Ranger.
smallest to biggest.
ecosport, escape, baby bronco (will be bigger than an escape smaller than the 3 row edge) Edge, bronco, explorer, expedition. No over lap and no need for a FSB.

as for the truck, why is FCA releasing a Dakota when they have the Gladiator.

Rather than making a Ranger Raptor for the states they will just take the cab off the Ranger and throw on the bronco body and call it a day.

OP
OP

Kpowledge

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
smallest to biggest.
ecosport, escape, baby bronco (will be bigger than an escape smaller than the 3 row edge) Edge, bronco, explorer, expedition. No over lap and no need for a FSB.

as for the truck, why is FCA releasing a Dakota when they have the Gladiator.

Rather than making a Ranger Raptor for the states they will just take the cab off the Ranger and throw on the bronco body and call it a day.

Right no overlap at all between all of those lol. Baby Bronco is not going to be that much bigger than the Escape. Also add in the return of the Fusion a Subaru Outback competitor just to muddy the waters further.

Also again by everyone’s logic why a Ranger Raptor or Bronco truck, Ford already has the Ranger FX4...just saying.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right no overlap at all between all of those lol. Baby Bronco is not going to be that much bigger than the Escape. Also add in the return of the Fusion a Subaru Outback competitor just to muddy the waters further.

Also again by everyone’s logic why a Ranger Raptor or Bronco truck, Ford already has the Ranger FX4...just saying.
that’s still a rumor on the Fusion Wagonxover. Some said it’s a mule for the next Transit (sake platform,)

and the Bronco truck and ranger raptor would get the full raptor treatment, fx4 package is not a raptor
Sponsored