Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 full size Badlands-

The rear cargo area liner and jack hatch cover in my Badlands smells horrific if it gets the slightest bit wet. I’m talking so bad that it smells like a dead animal. We thought we had a dead rat in there somewhere. Is anyone else experiencing this? Obviously poor R&D with the materials Ford used…
Sponsored

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue. I out dessicant bags back there and also opened the drains, so I have not had that issue … until I forgot to put the plugs back in and drove in heavy rains. My jack cover smells like cat piss when wet. Enough so that I thought a cat had pissed in there when I left the windows out.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta waterproof bag the jack accessory bag. That material STAYS wet.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this as opposed to starting a new thread. Something smells in my interior.

Two door badlands with MGV. Bought new in November. Don't drive often so I have about 2k miles on it. I started noticing the smell within a month or so of ownership, definitely under 1000 miles. I'm not sure how to explain it. It smells like food or something slightly foul. I said like someone crushed a packet of bbq sauce under a seat or something. It's not really musty. Not bad enough to be dead animal either. Now other people (aka my wife) comment on it constantly.

I keep my cars super clean. I did have the top off for probably a month over the "winter" in Houston. With the car in the garage of course. I wondered whether something crawled in a died. I can't pin point it and didn't see signs of animals. And my experience with dead animals is they are horrible at first and then tend to go away. This has been gradual and progressive.

The bronco has been kicked to outside parking now that I have my TRX. So it gets hot and that makes the smell worse.

I pretty much tore the interior apart looking for something obvious. I can't find anything. I've given it a good vacuum and cleaning inside even though it hasn't ever been dirty. As you know, there aren't a lot of places to hide things with the vinyl floors.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I hate to do some deodorizer or damp rid deal and have some new, chemical smell overpowering it. It hasn't ever been even slightly wet inside. It's really strange.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
C’mon… cat piss? No:

smells-like-victory-apocalypse-now.gif

Tex2022

Black Diamond
First Name
Tex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates on this? How do you get the rotten meat smell to go away

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this as opposed to starting a new thread. Something smells in my interior.

Two door badlands with MGV. Bought new in November. Don't drive often so I have about 2k miles on it. I started noticing the smell within a month or so of ownership, definitely under 1000 miles. I'm not sure how to explain it. It smells like food or something slightly foul. I said like someone crushed a packet of bbq sauce under a seat or something. It's not really musty. Not bad enough to be dead animal either. Now other people (aka my wife) comment on it constantly.

I keep my cars super clean. I did have the top off for probably a month over the "winter" in Houston. With the car in the garage of course. I wondered whether something crawled in a died. I can't pin point it and didn't see signs of animals. And my experience with dead animals is they are horrible at first and then tend to go away. This has been gradual and progressive.

The bronco has been kicked to outside parking now that I have my TRX. So it gets hot and that makes the smell worse.

I pretty much tore the interior apart looking for something obvious. I can't find anything. I've given it a good vacuum and cleaning inside even though it hasn't ever been dirty. As you know, there aren't a lot of places to hide things with the vinyl floors.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I hate to do some deodorizer or damp rid deal and have some new, chemical smell overpowering it. It hasn't ever been even slightly wet inside. It's really strange.

My two door got rained in. A few day after I thought I had it all dried out, I raised up the lower seat cushions of the rear seats. The carpet under the seat cushion itself was still wet. I left them raised overnight to air out. That could be where the problem lies.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two door got rained in. A few day after I thought I had it all dried out, I raised up the lower seat cushions of the rear seats. The carpet under the seat cushion itself was still wet. I left them raised overnight to air out. That could be where the problem lies.
Having filled up two past jeeps with water in a couple of unfortunate incidents, I know how hard it can be to make sure stuff dries out. I ended up taking apart door jambs and consoles because of this in the past and puling seat covers. I really don't think this ever got a drop of water in it. Almost certain. But thank you for the input. It's a badlands with MGV so really so little that seems to be able to hold water as well. Which is why it's really bugging me that I can't figure it out.

I pulled the roof off two weeks ago and have been giving it some full air out time in the garage. Will see if that helps at all.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having filled up two past jeeps with water in a couple of unfortunate incidents, I know how hard it can be to make sure stuff dries out. I ended up taking apart door jambs and consoles because of this in the past and puling seat covers. I really don't think this ever got a drop of water in it. Almost certain. But thank you for the input. It's a badlands with MGV so really so little that seems to be able to hold water as well. Which is why it's really bugging me that I can't figure it out.

I pulled the roof off two weeks ago and have been giving it some full air out time in the garage. Will see if that helps at all.
Understood, mine is a badlands as well.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine smells kinda like butt, but I don’t think it’s the back cargo cover.

Tex2022

Black Diamond
First Name
Tex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I have a smell that is like rotten milk/ vomit.. I’ve had it at multiple dealerships and they cannot figure out why. They can confirm that it did not leak or nothing spilled. They used a black light to check. It’s coming from the plastics. The ford service hotline says it’s operating so nothing is coming errs under warranty but they are aware of the problem. They suggested I sell the bronco to fix the problem

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife and I both detect an unpleasant oder in the truck. It’s the materials outgassing. Never had a car smell like this.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you guys need to buy some Tootles. :ROFLMAO:

The Tootles Fart Filtering Underwear Briefs are a revolutionary product designed to eliminate embarrassing and unpleasant odors caused by flatulence. These briefs feature a unique built-in activated carbon filtration system that captures and neutralizes the odor of gas, keeping you feeling fresh and confident throughout the day.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I both detect an unpleasant oder in the truck. It’s the materials outgassing. Never had a car smell like this.
new vehicle? Or lasting like over 6 months and never goes away?
Sponsored