Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the FORESCAN programming change, what goat modes did it enable (we have a Big Bend Squatch package, wanted a wildtrac ((got left at the ford alter)) Can you disable the autostart stop feature?
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great build! A quick question on your DV8 sliders. It looks like they wouldn't be useful as a step for the front doors because the step area is too far forward, and there is a notch where you would normally step. Is this the case? Other than that I really like these sliders, thinking about getting them. Thanks

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The RTR Evo 6 wheels in Satin Gray look awesome on Area 51! Thanks for supporting us!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great build! A quick question on your DV8 sliders. It looks like they wouldn't be useful as a step for the front doors because the step area is too far forward, and there is a notch where you would normally step. Is this the case? Other than that I really like these sliders, thinking about getting them. Thanks
I think you're possibly looking at the back seat slider/step thinking it's in the front. There's not a hole where the driver would typically step. Double check OP's pictures and the DV8 website to see what I'm talking about. I'm planning on buying these very soon too, so have spent a decent amount of time staring at them.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Very well done! Great job!!!! Those rims are on point.

Sponsored

Tactisquatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I finally capped off my 2022 upgrades for my Bronco and figured I'd list them and give some reviews to help others :)

Here they are in order of install:
- LIGHTS - I have 8 RIGID Pocket Fogs (radiance series) - 6 in the bumper (3 each side) and 2 on the top of the hood for ditch lights. They have been indispensable, on night rides. They also look very cool at dusk wen the amber backlights come on. I also added LAMIN-X yellow films to 2 4 of my pod lights on the bumper. One i use as a daily driving light and the other when off roading to cut through the dust. Even during daytime rides they work great and let people in front of you really notice you on the trail. I even use the outer-most lights (closest to the bumper corners) to light up the dark roads on the side. Fantastic on unlit streets to light up what is off of it. I connected all of the m to my AUX switches and have still have two left for future mods.
- PEDAL COMMANDER - This has to be one of the BEST bang-for-buck upgrades that I think any Bronco owner should have. For $299 it rocks. Being able to fine tune the throttle curve to your liking and removing that annoying "lag" on the accelerator is money! Then you can even add whatever ECU/Piggyback tune you want to complement it. It just livens up the Bronco and it "feels" like you have 50 more HP and 50lbs more torque.
- SKID PLATES & other Protective Stuff - I have a Big Bend and it had NO protection underneath beyond the front bash plate and partial Diff plate. I ended up getting a complete system from RCI (front Engine skid all the way back to the Fuel Tank Skid). Very good, heavy duty stuff. Built very well with amazing tolerances. And also got a Trailing arm front link-mount (RED) Skid Plate from ASFIR (you'll see it poking out in one fo the pics below). I also have DV8 Front A-Arm skids and rear shock mount skids, as well as their differential plate skid. Very Solid stuff from DV8 and RCI - also very reasonably priced.
- SPEAKER UPGRADE - stock system SUCKS.......yup. After a while it isn't tolerable. I Upgraded all 6 speakers ( I have the base system) and will be adding amps and a small sub soon. I'm thinking of getting the Kicker Key 200.4, as others have on this forum. Good value and has DSP - which i know will make a huge difference in sound quality.
- ROCK SLIDER/SIDE STEPS - The DV8 ones I think are the best "compromise" for my purposes. Both for looks and for 80% protection. They are not "true" rock sliders as they do not bolt on directly to the frame, but do offer a good amount of protection while still looking BAD ASS and being "functional side-steps".
- FORSCAN PROGRAMMING - I removed that stupid Double-Honk and activated all my GOAT MODES...I recently got a chance to try out "Baja Mode" at 75MPH......WOW.......Truly amazing. It convinced me that I do want to have a full Coil-over setup at some point in the future.....and maybe try out a Desert Race for fun!!!
- SUSPENSION - I really thought I wouldn't need this......but...after going pretty hardcore on some trails and not clearing rocks from time to time, I decided to do the lift and change some suspension parts. I originally wanted a KING setup but opted out of it ($$$). I then decided to add an Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs ONLY) and also some Johnny-Joint Rear Trailing Arms (upper and lower), as well as a rear ICON Track Bar. RIDES way nicer and feels more stable than the stock Sasquatch. Smooths out road bumps and is also firmer with better handling on the road. Less body roll, less dive and squat. And the actual lift is PERFECT as I only have 35s and not 37s. It also didn't "break the bank of Scotland" so to speak :) Very reasonable upgrade.
- TIE-ROD REINFORCEMENT - Installed the BroncBuster Braces and this totally gives me WAY more confidence on the trails. Especially after my lift and spacers. These are PROVEN to help prevent tie rods from snapping/busting (see what I did there? :). There was someone locally here who snapped his tie-rod on the trail and they clamped it back with this brace and his Bronco turned into a Braptor and went up a 85% incline!!!! (He also slept at a Holiday-Inn the night before I heard!)....Kidding, haha. But truly well designed stuff and if you have a lift or spacers, I highly recommend this upgrade! AND they look pretty sick too :cool:
- SPACERS - I did 1.5 inch spacers and they look PERFECT :). Juuuust the right amount of "poke" to give it that aggressive look and stance. Love it this mod!
- Hood Deflector - SUper important mod......at first I didn't want to, cause I felt it took away from the "shiny" front lip of the hood. But now that I have it, I love the way it looks.
- Best Top Sunrider - It's just awesome having the option to FLIP your top back and enjoy the outdoors, then close it quickly at a moment's notice. Great quality and nice material color as well (get the twill option, looks and great and lasts longer)
- RTR EVO 6 (Satin Charcoal) - 17 inch Wheels - LOVE THEM.......wow. :) Super lightweight and I have a separate review here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rtr-evo-6-wheels-installed.60402/
- WARN EVO 12s Winch + Rough Country Modular Bumper Mount - Coming soon!!! :)

** Lucky for me our buddy is an awesome mechanic :) Big shout out to Zobie Bronco for doing most of the installs (y) :cool: (https://www.instagram.com/702_zobie_bronco/), our awesome SIN CITY BRONCOS group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1228639247572679) and Off Road Warehouse!

FYI - for anyone who wants DV8 stuff - use promo code (ZOBIE) for 10% off.

Here are some pics of the lights and suspension upgrades:

RIGID LIGHTS

52341006372_a2e21fc388_c-jpg.jpg

Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr

52342391675_d703d5726b_z-jpg.jpg

52342391630_30f7805018_z-jpg.jpg

52341006302_d80c3a779f_z-jpg.jpg

52335529990_ab06e88dba_c-jpg.jpg

Rigid radiance series fogs by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 Rock Sliders/Sidesteps

52520639640_57ec9f0080_c-jpg.jpg

52520161786_17b787cd88_c-jpg.jpg

52520638650_01f1615707_c-jpg.jpg

BEFORE - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

52519800901_f19f13435c_c-jpg.jpg

AFTER - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

52519800896_894bc06f8e_c-jpg.jpg

52520233328_7fc6f374e8_c-jpg.jpg

Eibach lift springs and Johnny Joint rear trailing links by P.L. L, on Flickr

Johnny Joint Trailing LINKS (and you can also see my DV8 DIFF SKID)

52519681756_3f9703f67d_c-jpg.jpg

52519681741_b51142c4b4_c-jpg.jpg

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

52519681731_6a8a410f5e_c-jpg.jpg

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS
52368353116_6bb5bff4aa_c-jpg.jpg

DV8 protection ;) by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 REAR SHOCK SKIDS (very cool as they not only protect the shock but also the rear link end)

52367410047_d76cc703cc_c-jpg.jpg

DV8 protection ;) by P.L. L, on Flickr

Front view with Spacers Installed

52520175531_21867f8f6b_c-jpg.jpg

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - BEFORE LIFT

52519795311_8513f9ed60_c-jpg.jpg

Ride height - before and after Eibach Springs by P.L. L, on Flickr

52520072289_246635cceb_c-jpg.jpg

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - AFTER LIFT

52520273685_1a7442590a_c-jpg.jpg

52520347913_20774834fb_c-jpg.jpg

img_3984-jpg.jpg

52533080138_6bf1b3d9ed_b.jpg
BestTop Sunrider by P.L. L, on Flickr

BRONCORTR.jpg
I have the same DV8 rear skids with a fab tech lift. The lower control arms on the rear are coming into contact with the skid. Have you had this issue? Nice mods

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Absolutely love it. How are the mudflaps? What brand did you get?

Notice a big difference?
Mabett Mudflaps - best ones around in my opinion. Easy o install and remove. I keep the rear ones on all the time, even on tough trails. The easier trails keep the fronts on too. Makes a WORLD of difference in dirt NOT getting kicked up on the side doors.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very well done! Great job!!!! Those rims are on point.
Thanks man! :) the Un-sprung weight is great too! 22 vs. 33 (stock)

Reactions: Dom
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same DV8 rear skids with a fab tech lift. The lower control arms on the rear are coming into contact with the skid. Have you had this issue? Nice mods
My lift isn't very big though, about 1.8 to 2. And no contact on mine. Can you take a pic of it?

Tactisquatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My lift isn't very big though, about 1.8 to 2. And no contact on mine. Can you take a pic of it?
My lift is in the 2.5 to 3 inch range. It looks like at full compression they hitting hard enough to leave marks. Only had it on for a few miles.

874D0656-D806-4F2C-AAD7-EDEDE54D5F59.jpeg

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My lift is in the 2.5 to 3 inch range. It looks like at full compression they hitting hard enough to leave marks. Only had it on for a few miles.

Ford Bronco My 2022 Upgrades :) 874D0656-D806-4F2C-AAD7-EDEDE54D5F59
I've never had this issue and we do some pretty crazy trails sometimes. Maybe the install was a bit off?
Sponsored