Sponsored

2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!)

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, I finally capped off my 2022 upgrades for my Bronco and figured I'd list them and give some reviews to help others :)

Here they are in order of install:
- LIGHTS - I have 8 RIGID Pocket Fogs (radiance series) - 6 in the bumper (3 each side) and 2 on the top of the hood for ditch lights. They have been indispensable, on night rides. They also look very cool at dusk wen the amber backlights come on. I also added LAMIN-X yellow films to 2 4 of my pod lights on the bumper. One i use as a daily driving light and the other when off roading to cut through the dust. Even during daytime rides they work great and let people in front of you really notice you on the trail. I even use the outer-most lights (closest to the bumper corners) to light up the dark roads on the side. Fantastic on unlit streets to light up what is off of it. I connected all of the m to my AUX switches and have still have two left for future mods.
- PEDAL COMMANDER - This has to be one of the BEST bang-for-buck upgrades that I think any Bronco owner should have. For $299 it rocks. Being able to fine tune the throttle curve to your liking and removing that annoying "lag" on the accelerator is money! Then you can even add whatever ECU/Piggyback tune you want to complement it. It just livens up the Bronco and it "feels" like you have 50 more HP and 50lbs more torque.
- SKID PLATES & other Protective Stuff - I have a Big Bend and it had NO protection underneath beyond the front bash plate and partial Diff plate. I ended up getting a complete system from RCI (front Engine skid all the way back to the Fuel Tank Skid). Very good, heavy duty stuff. Built very well with amazing tolerances. And also got a Trailing arm front link-mount (RED) Skid Plate from ASFIR (you'll see it poking out in one fo the pics below). I also have DV8 Front A-Arm skids and rear shock mount skids, as well as their differential plate skid. Very Solid stuff from DV8 and RCI - also very reasonably priced.
- SPEAKER UPGRADE - stock system SUCKS.......yup. After a while it isn't tolerable. I Upgraded all 6 speakers ( I have the base system) and will be adding amps and a small sub soon. I'm thinking of getting the Kicker Key 200.4, as others have on this forum. Good value and has DSP - which i know will make a huge difference in sound quality.
- ROCK SLIDER/SIDE STEPS - The DV8 ones I think are the best. Both for looks and for 80% protection. They are not "true" rock sliders as they do not bolt on directly to the frame, but do offer a good amount of protection while still looking BAD ASS and being "functional side-steps".
- FORSCAN PROGRAMMING - I removed that stupid Double-Honk and activated all my GOAT MODES...I recently got a chance to try out "Baja Mode" at 75MPH......WOW.......Truly amazing. It convinced me that I do want to have a full Coilover setup at some point in the future.....and maybe try out a Desert Race for fun!!!
- SUSPENSION - I really thought I wouldn't need this......but...after going pretty hardcore on some trails and not clearing rocks from time to time, I decided to do the lift and change some suspension parts. I originally wanted a KING setup but opted out of it ($$$). I then decided to add an Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs ONLY) and also some Johnny-Joint Rear Trailing Arms (upper and lower), as well as a rear ICON Track Bar. RIDES way nicer and feels more stable than the stock Sasquatch. Smooths out road bumps and is also firmer with better handling on the road. Less body roll, less dive and squat. And the actual lift is PERFECT as I only have 35s and not 37s. It also didn't "break the bank of Scotland" so to speak :) Very reasonable upgrade.
- TIE-ROD REINFORCEMENT - Installed the BroncBuster Braces and this totally gives me WAY more confidence on the trails. Especially after my lift and spacers. These are PROVEN to help prevent tie rods from snapping/busting (see what I did there? :). There was someone locally here who snapped his tie-rod on the trail and they clamped it back with this brace and his Bronco turned into a Braptor and went up a 85% incline!!!! (He also slept at a Holiday-Inn the night before I heard!)....Kidding, haha. But truly well designed stuff and if you have a lift or spacers, I highly recommend this upgrade! AND they look pretty sick too :cool:
- SPACERS - I did 1.5 inch spacers and they look PERFECT :). Juuuust the right amount of "poke" to give it that aggressive look and stance. Love it this mod!

** Lucky for me our buddy is an awesome mechanic :) Big shout out to Zobie Bronco for doing most of the installs (y) :cool: (https://www.instagram.com/702_zobie_bronco/) and our awesome Sin City Bronco group!!!

FYI - for anyone who wants DV8 stuff - use promo code (ZOBIE) for 10% off.

Here are some pics of the lights and suspension upgrades:

RIGID LIGHTS

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52341006372_a2e21fc388_c
Untitled by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52342391675_d703d5726b_z

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52342391630_30f7805018_z

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52341006302_d80c3a779f_z

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52335529990_ab06e88dba_c
Rigid radiance series fogs by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 Rock Sliders/Sidesteps

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520639640_57ec9f0080_c

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520161786_17b787cd88_c

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520638650_01f1615707_c

BEFORE - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519800901_f19f13435c_c

AFTER - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519800896_894bc06f8e_c

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520233328_7fc6f374e8_c
Eibach lift springs and Johnny Joint rear trailing links by P.L. L, on Flickr

Johnny Joint Trailing LINKS (and you can also see my DV8 DIFF SKID)

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519681756_3f9703f67d_c

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519681741_b51142c4b4_c

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519681731_6a8a410f5e_c

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS
Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52368353116_6bb5bff4aa_c
DV8 protection ;) by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 REAR SHOCK SKIDS (very cool as they not only protect the shock but also the rear link end)

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52367410047_d76cc703cc_c

Front view with Spacers Installed

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520175531_21867f8f6b_c

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - BEFORE LIFT

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52519795311_8513f9ed60_c
Ride height - before and after Eibach Springs by P.L. L, on Flickr

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520072289_246635cceb_c

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - AFTER LIFT

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520273685_1a7442590a_c

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) 52520347913_20774834fb_c

IMG_3984.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need to move this into the build threads, if you don't have one there already.

Looks great!

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice build!! Are the sliders run in reverse (if so for what purpose) or are they supposed to be installed like that? Been debating on what sliders/steps to go with. I like the look of DV8 but hesitant on anything to the pinch weld or subframe mounting systems.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You need to move this into the build threads, if you don't have one there already.

Looks great!
Oh I wasn't sure where to post this.....lol. Can I "move" it? How?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I wasn't sure where to post this.....lol. Can I "move" it? How?

I know a mod can, or you can just start a new thread. If you start one in the build thread you can make updates to the thread as you go and it consolidates your stuff. Makes it easier for other people to find your build and ask questions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice build!! Are the sliders run in reverse (if so for what purpose) or are they supposed to be installed like that? Been debating on what sliders/steps to go with. I like the look of DV8 but hesitant on anything to the pinch weld or subframe mounting systems.
Thanks man! :) They are just shaped like that. Not run in reverse but more so designed to have the step-portions fit under the doors. The front one is longer than the rear. DV8 also has "true" rock sliders that bolt directly to the frame and not pinch bolt/subframe. Also note that the factory sliders on the Badlands are attached to the pinch bolt/subframe sections and they do fine. These do stick out on the sides so if you tilt aggressive enough you will hit/scrape them. I haven't so far.

Here is the link to the other sliders i was talking about - several people in our group here have them and they do "crazy stuff and it has kept their Broncos fully protected.
https://dv8offroad.com/collections/ford-bronco-rock-sliders/products/bronco-rock-sliders

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know a mod can, or you can just start a new thread. If you start one in the build thread you can make updates to the thread as you go and it consolidates your stuff. Makes it easier for other people to find your build and ask questions.
Oh hey Kodiak!!! i didn't see it was you at first...haha! Thanks again for the guidance on the suspension setup. Minus labor....it was all of $1,625.......as opposed to a KING setup of approx...$$7K.

CrytpX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992S, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- SUSPENSION - I really thought I wouldn't need this......but...after going pretty hardcore on some trails and not clearing rocks from time to time, I decided to do the lift and change some suspension parts. I originally wanted a KING setup but opted out of it ($$$). I then decided to add an Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs ONLY) and also some Johnny-Joint Rear Trailing Arms (upper and lower), as well as a rear ICON Track Bar. RIDES way nicer and feels more stable than the stock Sasquatch. Smooths out road bumps and is also firmer with better handling on the road. Less body roll, less dive and squat. And the actual lift is PERFECT as I only have 35s and not 37s. It also didn't "break the bank of Scotland" so to speak :) Very reasonable upgrade.
Did you take happen to take the measurements of the rear track bar you adjusted to?

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks man! :) They are just shaped like that. Not run in reverse but more so designed to have the step-portions fit under the doors. The front one is longer than the rear. DV8 also has "true" rock sliders that bolt directly to the frame and not pinch bolt/subframe. Also note that the factory sliders on the Badlands are attached to the pinch bolt/subframe sections and they do fine. These do stick out on the sides so if you tilt aggressive enough you will hit/scrape them. I haven't so far.

Here is the link to the other sliders i was talking about - several people in our group here have them and they do "crazy stuff and it has kept their Broncos fully protected.
https://dv8offroad.com/collections/ford-bronco-rock-sliders/products/bronco-rock-sliders

That’s interesting as most I seen are designed the opposite to provide a bump out.

Those are nice but my problem lies with my height as I am on the short side ( thanks to my 5’ mother and average height father). Those and Next Venture Motorsports are ideal and look good but don’t provide much of a step. Maybe I am overthinking what would work as you said the factory rails are design to take abuse but I rather over do it than under do it.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I finally capped off my 2022 upgrades for my Bronco and figured I'd list them and give some reviews to help others :)

Here they are in order of install:
- LIGHTS - I have 8 RIGID Pocket Fogs (radiance series) - 6 in the bumper (3 each side) and 2 on the top of the hood for ditch lights. They have been indispensable, on night rides. They also look very cool at dusk wen the amber backlights come on. I also added LAMIN-X yellow films to 2 4 of my pod lights on the bumper. One i use as a daily driving light and the other when off roading to cut through the dust. Even during daytime rides they work great and let people in front of you really notice you on the trail. I even use the outer-most lights (closest to the bumper corners) to light up the dark roads on the side. Fantastic on unlit streets to light up what is off of it. I connected all of the m to my AUX switches and have still have two left for future mods.
- PEDAL COMMANDER - This has to be one of the BEST bang-for-buck upgrades that I think any Bronco owner should have. For $299 it rocks. Being able to fine tune the throttle curve to your liking and removing that annoying "lag" on the accelerator is money! Then you can even add whatever ECU/Piggyback tune you want to complement it. It just livens up the Bronco and it "feels" like you have 50 more HP and 50lbs more torque.
- SKID PLATES & other Protective Stuff - I have a Big Bend and it had NO protection underneath beyond the front bash plate and partial Diff plate. I ended up getting a complete system from RCI (front Engine skid all the way back to the Fuel Tank Skid). Very good, heavy duty stuff. Built very well with amazing tolerances. And also got a Trailing arm front link-mount (RED) Skid Plate from ASFIR (you'll see it poking out in one fo the pics below). I also have DV8 Front A-Arm skids and rear shock mount skids, as well as their differential plate skid. Very Solid stuff from DV8 and RCI - also very reasonably priced.
- SPEAKER UPGRADE - stock system SUCKS.......yup. After a while it isn't tolerable. I Upgraded all 6 speakers ( I have the base system) and will be adding amps and a small sub soon. I'm thinking of getting the Kicker Key 200.4, as others have on this forum. Good value and has DSP - which i know will make a huge difference in sound quality.
- ROCK SLIDER/SIDE STEPS - The DV8 ones I think are the best. Both for looks and for 80% protection. They are not "true" rock sliders as they do not bolt on directly to the frame, but do offer a good amount of protection while still looking BAD ASS and being "functional side-steps".
- FORSCAN PROGRAMMING - I removed that stupid Double-Honk and activated all my GOAT MODES...I recently got a chance to try out "Baja Mode" at 75MPH......WOW.......Truly amazing. It convinced me that I do want to have a full Coilover setup at some point in the future.....and maybe try out a Desert Race for fun!!!
- SPACERS - I did 1.5 inch spacers and they look PERFECT :). Juuuust the right amount of "poke" to give it that aggressive look and stance. Love it this mod!

Not shown yet - I am also going to install the BRONC BUSTER Tie-Rod Braces this week.

Here are some pics of the lights and suspension upgrades:

RIGID LIGHTS

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) IMG_3984

Ford Bronco 2022 Upgrades - Armor, Suspension, Programming and more....(PICS!) IMG_3984

Rigid radiance series fogs by P.L. L, on Flickr

DV8 Rock Sliders/Sidesteps

BEFORE - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

AFTER - THE SUSPENSION LIFT

Johnny Joint Trailing LINKS (and you can also see my DV8 DIFF SKID)

EIBACH PRO LIFT SPRINGS

DV8 FRONT A-ARM SKIDS

DV8 REAR SHOCK SKIDS (very cool as they not only protect the shock but also the rear link end)

Front view with Spacers Installed

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - BEFORE LIFT

FRONT & REAR (respectively) - AFTER LIFT

That looks amazing! The lift made such a difference

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s interesting as most I seen are designed the opposite to provide a bump out.

Those are nice but my problem lies with my height as I am on the short side ( thanks to my 5’ mother and average height father). Those and Next Venture Motorsports are ideal and look good but don’t provide much of a step. Maybe I am overthinking what would work as you said the factory rails are design to take abuse but I rather over do it than under do it.
Haha!! I'm on the short side too man :) (5'5). I LOVE them though. And they are HEFTY. Like I said it was a good compromise for me - as I needed both protection and step-functionality. I looked at many different brands before getting this one. The craftsmanship is literally second to none and so is the price. When you see them in person.....You'll be happy you got them.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks amazing! The lift made such a difference
Thanks man and yes! - the lift made a HUGE difference in stance and appearance. Even i was impressed. Such solid drive quality as well. Fells way more "planted". I didn't realize how much more so till I dove it. Also, the spacers definitely helped round out the whole package.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you take happen to take the measurements of the rear track bar you adjusted to?
Not yet - But I will this week and post them so you can check it out.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great build and thanks for the detailed post! I really like the Rigid radiance pod lights and will be buying some myself.

Can you explain more about the Pedal Commander? I’m interested in this, but haven’t heard of it before. How does it differ from (or compliment) the GOAT modes (i.e. Sport Mode)? From the website, it looks like it has different presets that do the same thing the factory GOAT modes do. What happens if you put it in GOAT Sport Mode and then the Pedal Commander in Sport Mode too? Extra Fast?

Thank You

EDIT: Which mounting bracket did you use for the ditch lights and fog lights?
Sponsored