C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well… I have been all set for a Badlands, MGV Rapid Red build, until Ford let me know Raid Red is off the table… so, the build begins again. Badlands was more than I need, I just liked the color combo of the yellow accents with Rapid Red… With that off the table, I’m most likely going with the Outer Banks, cloth interior, or might stick with MGV. Anyone out there have an MGV that can give me some heat perspective? I saw and felt in person, but it was cold out, so not sure about how hot this material will be. I know that the cloth is the coolest temp option available. For those who have taken possession, congrats!
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

vinyl will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. if you sweat, you will be wet while driving... but it should be easier to keep clean if you get muddy... cloth will be more comfortable, but harder to keep clean... by the way marine grade vinyl is just words to make it seem special, just like "rich corinthian leather" just a marketing ploy to make it seem better..

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

vinyl will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. if you sweat, you will be wet while driving... but it should be easier to keep clean if you get muddy... cloth will be more comfortable, but harder to keep clean... by the way marine grade vinyl is just words to make it seem special, just like "rich corinthian leather" just a marketing ploy to make it seem better..
Would you say the MGv/Vinyl Is cooler than leather in the summer?

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theres a reason they don't put cloth in boats. If they did you would still sweat and itch. I don't think they put "automotive grade" vinyl in my boat because it still looks like new after 15 years. BTW I don't have heat or air condo in my boat.

No ploy intended...

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will feel the same as leather with regards to heat and cold.

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Marine Vinyl and standard vinyl are really the same thing, except marine-grade vinyl has two extra features. It has additional UV protection to prevent the color from fading in sunlight. And it also has antibacterial and antifungal additives to make it mildew resistant.

Marine vinyl is great for any outdoor application or anywhere else it would be exposed to direct sunlight or moisture. Uses include outdoor seating, awnings, and boat cushions, but you can also use it indoors.

Marine-grade does not necessarily mean higher quality than standard vinyl, just that it’s UV and mildew resistant.

https://www.onlinefabricstore.com/makersmill/marine-vinyl-vs-standard-vinyl/

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... by the way marine grade vinyl is just words to make it seem special, just like "rich corinthian leather" just a marketing ploy to make it seem better..
Why make things up if you don’t know? MGV has specific characteristics that define it…you can look it up, but it is well established what makes it marine grade v. Standard vinyl. Google it before you assume and lie about it. Boat vinyl (MGV) has different and unique characteristics.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed at the off-roadeo that the MGV heats up pretty quick in direct sunlight, but I felt like it sheds the heat just as quick. It cooled off way faster than the seat on my tractor lol

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why make things up if you don’t know? MGV has specific characteristics that define it…you can look it up, but it is well established what makes it marine grade v. Standard vinyl. Google it before you assume and lie about it. Boat vinyl (MGV) has different and unique characteristics.
i have has a few boats, it is vinyl. as with anything there are different grades. it is nothing special. how about some aerospace vinyl. it is simply trying to sound fancy. the USCG does not have a specific vinyl specification. marine grade anything simply means it is a little more expensive.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would you say the MGv/Vinyl Is cooler than leather in the summer?
no hotter leather absorbs moisture dispersing it vinyl is literally plastic and does not absorb water...

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Theres a reason they don't put cloth in boats. If they did you would still sweat and itch. I don't think they put "automotive grade" vinyl in my boat because it still looks like new after 15 years. BTW I don't have heat or air condo in my boat.

No ploy intended...
that sums it up, your location is minnesota. i am in louisiana, marine grade vinyl lasts about two years before it shows significant signs of wear, and is completely destroyed in four years. cloth, specifically canvas that was used inside of military vehicles last much longer.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was quite pleased with the MGV in the BL we rode in while we were at Moab. We have leather seats in my Flex, and I don’t think the MGV will be any hotter. Also. I liked the feel of the MGV and they were quiet comfortable. Just my two cents.
Sponsored