Sponsored

My Bronco Heritage Limited Purchase DISASTER!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do not have a case against Ford.
You do not have a Lemon Law case either.

You have a very solid Fraud Case against the selling dealer.

One thing you can do before you lawyer up is to file a complaint with the Mississippi AG's office. Especially if it is in fact unlawful in MI to fail to disclose shipping damage.

Most Attorney General Offices take such complaints pretty seriously. Going after sleazy dealerships always looks good to the voters.
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would litigate the issue and get them to take the vehicle back and pay for all legal costs. I would NOT post anything negative online if you plan to go this route…it may come back to haunt you in court.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the Support!
I have been unable to talk to the General Manager, they are very good at screening his calls. Not sure if that is the same person as the owner?
You are welcome, It should not be that difficult to find out who owns that dealership. If you financed the vehicle, I would also get them involved, as well as your local consumer advocate group and news organizations. Don't be afraid to throw the name of the dealership out there. People on this forum love to stick up for each other when it comes to these problems.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You do not have a case against Ford.
You do not have a Lemon Law case either.

You have a very solid Fraud Case against the selling dealer.

One thing you can do before you lawyer up is to file a complaint with the Mississippi AG's office. Especially if it is in fact unlawful in MI to fail to disclose shipping damage.

Most Attorney General Offices take such complaints pretty seriously. Going after sleazy dealerships always looks good to the voters.
Good point, let me reach out to the AG first and see if they have any interest.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good point, let me reach out to the AG first and see if they have any interest.
Also I would message a mod and ask if they can delete this thread for your benefit.

Good luck.

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish I had spoken to you before I bought the car! IT was raining and everything looked OK at first glance. I had a two day drive back home so I was eager to get on the road. If I had just run a car fax report it would have shown the repair done by the selling dealer. That would have given me pause. Next time I will run a car fax and do a thorough evaluation.
As you have learned, always do a Carfax. I would not trust a dealer that does not offer it. At the same time, Carfax is not perfect. I learned my lesson some time back on a vehicle that had a clean Carfax but later learned from my mechanic a lot of new paint - though no structural damage. I went back to the dealer and hammered the owner. Gave me $1,500 back and car turned out fine. Being a little mean and angry on occasion will get you somewhere sometimes for the right reasons.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As you have learned, always do a Carfax. I would not trust a dealer that does not offer it. At the same time, Carfax is not perfect. I learned my lesson some time back on a vehicle that had a clean Carfax but later learned from my mechanic a lot of new paint - though no structural damage. I went back to the dealer and hammered the owner. Gave me $1,500 back and car turned out fine. Being a little mean and angry on occasion will get you somewhere sometimes for the right reasons.
Carfax on a brand new car???

This repair was all done under the table. It wouldn't have shown up.

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 10+ years in the automotive industry. Transport damage happens all the time. It's how the receiving dealer handles it is what makes the difference. Inform the client, take care of the work with OEM parts and a great body shop, and then off they go happy as can be. The biggest part is having someone who can hear issues you wouldn't think of - wheel bearings damaged from the cars being tied down to tight to the rail cars for example. I hope everything works out for you, nothing sours a new fun car purchase quite like this.

It's not under the table - but it isn't a collision or vandalism, and (for Canada), the NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement ) hasn't been given to the registries (dmv) yet. So the damage happened before the vehicle even started its "history".

But you are correct, transport damage would not be listed on a CarFax.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

General Manager
Gabe Marshall
[email protected]
(601) 389-6405
(601) 656-7440
(601) 389-2074
(601) 774-9222
I’d run through them all. If that gets you nowhere, just put them on blast, starting with Google reviews. Negative publicity is the only thing these dealers respond to, as we have learned with others on here before in similar predicaments.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have 10+ years in the automotive industry. Transport damage happens all the time. It's how the receiving dealer handles it is what makes the difference. Inform the client, take care of the work with OEM parts and a great body shop, and then off they go happy as can be. The biggest part is having someone who can hear issues you wouldn't think of - wheel bearings damaged from the cars being tied down to tight to the rail cars for example. I hope everything works out for you, nothing sours a new fun car purchase quite like this.

It's not under the table - but it isn't a collision or vandalism, and (for Canada), the NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement ) hasn't been given to the registries (dmv) yet. So the damage happened before the vehicle even started its "history".

But you are correct, transport damage would not be listed on a CarFax.
In my case the repair for the damage is listed on my carfax report.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
General Manager
Gabe Marshall
[email protected]
(601) 389-6405
(601) 656-7440
(601) 389-2074
(601) 774-9222
I’d run through them all. If that gets you nowhere, just put them on blast, starting with Google reviews. Negative publicity is the only thing these dealers respond to, as we have learned with others on here before in similar predicaments.
WOW, Thanks! Let me give that a shot.

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WOW, Thanks! Let me give that a shot.
Nothing scares like having an attorney send an email. Might be worth a shot, and cheaper too.

OP
OP
BoDiamond

BoDiamond

Heritage
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GS1250, Kia Soul
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Nothing scares like having an attorney send an email. Might be worth a shot, and cheaper too.
Good Point, I just sent an email to the GM, hopefully I will get a response.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I may be a bit confused on the history. My point is not to trust Carfax per se, but I am sorry if I have the facts wrong.
Sponsored