John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's just short for front mount intercooler my brother I just saw ur question it's all good nothing wrong with asking
I use mine for daily transport & beach sand driving, so I keep to gentle modifications for myself. But I learn by, and enjoy studying these lifted rigs, and yours is certainly a work of art!
Sponsored

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
How's the e30 tune? I plan on doing that as soon as I get mine. Looks good man, I might be sticker bombing the jambs after seeing this

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2.7 and about 10 to 15 degree difference
Really nice build. And I’m not sure, but I think everyone asking about the intercooler mite also have missed your added fuel tuner and e30 fuel. Just a guess, but I’m thinking you upped the intercooler to accommodate that, yes? Or just HP?
Regardless, two questions:
1- what HP gains are you getting from the tuner/fuel combo?
2- are you planning to go bigger exhaust and/or air intake for the increased EGT’s?

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the 2.7 in the Bronco have heat soak issues? I’m asking because I haven’t heard of any yet.

Thanks
Well I'm on e30 fuel and more boost so didnt want to take chances plus it just looks cool lol

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How's the e30 tune? I plan on doing that as soon as I get mine. Looks good man, I might be sticker bombing the jambs after seeing this
Love it gas mileage sucks but it's a beast

Sponsored
OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use mine for daily transport & beach sand driving, so I keep to gentle modifications for myself. But I learn by, and enjoy studying these lifted rigs, and yours is certainly a work of art!
Thank u

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The graffiti under the doors is an awesome idea. Makes we consider doing some kind of Mad Max theme under all the panels.

Nice looking setup all around!
Thank u

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really nice build. And I’m not sure, but I think everyone asking about the intercooler mite also have missed your added fuel tuner and e30 fuel. Just a guess, but I’m thinking you upped the intercooler to accommodate that, yes? Or just HP?
Regardless, two questions:
1- what HP gains are you getting from the tuner/fuel combo?
2- are you planning to go bigger exhaust and/or air intake for the increased EGT’s?
Yes I did it to lower intake temps I have a drop in k&n filter I don't want to change it cuz I love how Ford made a trap door incase u suck up water well on e30 says 70 hp gain and 100 tq I'm waiting on my fast intentions exhaust and meth kit

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you do any verification of flow rates or restriction changes with the new intercooler? Ford's design is very specific to achieving balanced flow across the core. Did you do anything in that design to ensure the whole space is being used?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you do any verification of flow rates or restriction changes with the new intercooler? Ford's design is very specific to achieving balanced flow across the core. Did you do anything in that design to ensure the whole space is being used?
No I did not and ur correct but ford does all that for a stock vehicle I am running the jb4 so more boost and I'm on e30 and my temps dropped about 15 degrees with this intercooler

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I did it to lower intake temps I have a drop in k&n filter I don't want to change it cuz I love how Ford made a trap door incase u suck up water well on e30 says 70 hp gain and 100 tq I'm waiting on my fast intentions exhaust and meth kit
If your getting a Dyno tune after the exhaust and meth kit installation- I’d like to hear the numbers. Thanks for posting. That’s bad ass.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No I did not and ur correct but ford does all that for a stock vehicle I am running the jb4 so more boost and I'm on e30 and my temps dropped about 15 degrees with this intercooler
im off-roading in the 100+ degree heat and would defiantly benefit from colder intake air temps.

You can fine tune the end tanks by using a FLIR camera to see if there's any hot/cold spots when running it on the dyno. You may want to add some breathing holes in the bottom portion of the center the bumper. let me know if you need help testing...
Sponsored