First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Healey Brothers Ford in Beacon, NY. I declined, but it sold in a few hours.

I keep reading posts referencing “customer denied delivery” and people trading in their older vehicles. No reservation required. Just a normal day shopping the lots!

I wonder what percentage of these are converted orders without consent and said customer isn’t even aware that it arrived with their name on it. They still must be receiving email communications, right?

PS: I’m locked in at MSRP, but would consider a “loaner” for a few months, for the right price, while I wait. Assuming these things will hold value for at least a few years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Healey Brothers Ford in Beacon, NY. I declined, but it sold in a few hours.

I keep reading posts referencing “customer denied delivery” and people trading in their older vehicles. No reservation required. Just a normal day shopping the lots!

I wonder what percentage of these are converted orders without consent and said customer isn’t even aware that it arrived with their name on it. They still must be receiving email communications, right?
customer will now when there Vehicle is delivered you can track it bye the vin

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
customer will now when there Vehicle is delivered you can track it bye the vin
But, what if they bailed on that reservation and could care less about the $100 (late night drunk order?). Emails could be hitting their junk folder or just being ignored. I doubt the dealer is reaching out much further than an initial call/voicemail when the order banks closed.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is these are dealer employee sales that "backed out". To get one delivered is more than the 100 reservation amount. You had to actually place the order with the dealer and more than likely put a deposit down.

Outside of life kicking you in the knuts between order and delivery this early in the actual delivery stage...my guess is dealer gaming the system.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is these are dealer employee sales that "backed out". To get one delivered is more than the 100 reservation amount. You had to actually place the order with the dealer and more than likely put a deposit down.

Outside of life kicking you in the knuts between order and delivery this early in the actual delivery stage...my guess is dealer gaming the system.
I agree that this is likely a dealership employee's reservation for the purpose of selling it on the lot...

...but there were plenty of stories here on the forum when the order banks opened of dealer's placing orders for whatever they wanted with a customer's reservation. It was a total sh*t show... people had to cancel their orders, place new orders with different dealerships, and then have Ford transfer the original timestamp over.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They probably could have gotten a lot more if if wasnt the ugliest combo available (OBX A51 with painted fenders). It's robins egg overkill. A51 looks good when it's balance with gray bits. Just imagine a OBX A51 with matching top.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As an FYI to this forum. Dealers are only allowed to have 20% of there reservations “fall through” meaning it wasn’t sold to the person on the original order. After that the lose future allocations.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't have been able to not laugh in their face.

They probably could have gotten a lot more if if wasnt the ugliest combo available (OBX A51 with painted fenders). It's robins egg overkill. A51 looks good when it's balance with gray bits. Just imagine a OBX A51 with matching top.
Curse you for putting that image in my head.
Sponsored