Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 F100, 1966 MGB V8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi bronco6g,
Just a data point for y’all and a sanity check. I did a walk-in at a local dealer in Jan 2022 and within a few weeks it was obvious Ford didn’t get or failed to process the order and the dealer ghosted me. Now it is May and they have a near exact build as mine and they call me to come in. They said another customer cancelled their order and Ford dropped the ball on mine (2 door BD MT). They gladly offered the one they had for +$10k ADM and tried to use my failed order as leverage to justify the ADM, since it would be 2023 until they could get my order built. I ceremoniously left the dealership a bit miffed but not fretting because I have another order with a more reliable and larger dealership which was placed in Feb ‘22 after Ford confirmed the dud Jan ‘22 order. They have since offered me +$3k ADM which I turned down. I know they are not obligated to offer MSRP and it might not be best for business but man it sure would go a long way in building a strong local customer base. Now I can’t even see myself using their service dept or ever buying a car from them in the future.

Am I crazy for turning down MSRP+$3k ADM for a 2 door Black Diamond Manual? My other order is slightly different with the addition of advanced 4x4 but MSRP is guaranteed.

Rant over!
Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 3k? I'm an accountant and I would take that deal LOL

OP
OP

eff_it

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 F100, 1966 MGB V8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They were asking MSRP plus $3k dealer markup.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On principal I appreciate your discipline. But a weaker person like me would be in that Bronco at $3k.😂

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, rumors are that $3,000 ish will be the price increase for 2023’s…🤷🏼‍♀️

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3k isn’t shit compared to what most ADM are. Depends on how badly you want the bronco and if financially you can do it

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd go for it if it's a build like the one you have on order. Between the rise in MSRP between 2022 and 2023 models, you'll also have to contend with rising interest rates if you continue waiting. Those two will easily eat up $3K.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi bronco6g,
Just a data point for y’all and a sanity check. I did a walk-in at a local dealer in Jan 2022 and within a few weeks it was obvious Ford didn’t get or failed to process the order and the dealer ghosted me. Now it is May and they have a near exact build as mine and they call me to come in. They said another customer cancelled their order and Ford dropped the ball on mine (2 door BD MT). They gladly offered the one they had for +$10k ADM and tried to use my failed order as leverage to justify the ADM, since it would be 2023 until they could get my order built. I ceremoniously left the dealership a bit miffed but not fretting because I have another order with a more reliable and larger dealership which was placed in Feb ‘22 after Ford confirmed the dud Jan ‘22 order. They have since offered me +$3k ADM which I turned down. I know they are not obligated to offer MSRP and it might not be best for business but man it sure would go a long way in building a strong local customer base. Now I can’t even see myself using their service dept or ever buying a car from them in the future.

Am I crazy for turning down MSRP+$3k ADM for a 2 door Black Diamond Manual? My other order is slightly different with the addition of advanced 4x4 but MSRP is guaranteed.

Rant over!
Cheers!
So you are going to pay the dealership who lost your order an extra 3k for a vehicle that isn't exactly what you want? I would tell them to pound sand.

OP
OP

eff_it

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 F100, 1966 MGB V8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah it’s been tough to pass on this. Well to be honest, we were super distracted last week when the offer was made but now things are settled down and I’m thinking the $3k or even pushing with a counter offer might be worth it due to some of aforementioned reasons. I have already made myself believe that my Feb ‘22 order probably won’t be built.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Offer them $1k at the most, as long as there's no nitrogen tire fill, magic floor mats, and other BS up-charges. Also fire back that most people are not going to want a manual 2 door, and that's why they called you... because otherwise it might sit a while.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much comes down to if you want it and does it fit the budget. I don’t judge anyone for buying what they want. The upside is if you do get it and are not happy with it, you can still recoup your money.

Last edited:

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you were to have the time to flip it, you could sell that to someone and make a few thousand before you had your first car payment.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were not trying to make up for anything, they knew you wanted one, got screwed out of a shot and were offering you what they thought the market could bear (unless they are close on a name match and the one they got in really was your reservation).

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would have 100% taken +$3k ADM for an immediate drive-home-today vehicle if it was that close to mine - unless your reservation was pre-2021 and your build was primed to be scheduled in the next few weeks. Since it's not, that would have been $3k to jump literally tens of thousands of orders in the queue, plus the uncertainty of WHEN, plus the pending risk of unknown yearly/sub-yearly cost increases.

When it comes down to it, I could deal with spending $3k more than I wanted easier than I could deal with a year of the stress of silence, frequently checking in on backdoor link status, and practical hopelessness.
Sponsored