Sponsored

Just got an order confirmation, but it's not my order.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Time to go in person and have a discussion with the dealer about your reservation/order. If they don't change it and submit it as your spec'd out Bronco, then I'd put the order in 99 status (basically putting your order "on hold") and be looking for another dealer to transfer.

If by chance you stay at your current dealer, you better be getting a Price Agreement (Like Ford recommends) ASAP signed by the GM of the dealership. If they balk at this and give you the "trust us" line, then I'd 99 the order and look for a different dealership.

Good luck to you.

edit: You do have a 3rd option.... If none of the above works out to your satisfaction, you can cancel your order and find a new dealer. You can place a new order with the dealer with your spec'd out Black Diamond. I only say this, because I feel we'll see commodity constraints drive the boat again in MY22. Your Black Diamond build is one that could get pulled early, even with a very late reservation or even in the situation you cancel and resubmit. It's risky, but if you have time and are willing to wait, then... it's an option. Or you could wait for the Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak to get delivered, deny delivery and have to start from scratch at that point.
I had my salesman signature the purchase agreement. Is that enough or should I also get the GM to sign it too?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my salesman signature the purchase agreement. Is that enough or should I also get the GM to sign it too?
In my opinion, the higher up you go within the dealer food chain, the better chance the deal has to stick when delivery time rolls around.

Reactions: EJC

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My sales person couldnt finalize my order, he was my contact for everything but when it came time to order & submit I had to come in when the GM was available as he was the only one capable of processing the order. He submitted my order & signed my paperwork with price guarantee, etc.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted my dealer and they said they had to do that to close out all MY21 and to ignore it. Placed my MY22 order but they didn't even ask me for my reservation number or anything. I have no relationship with them because they have ignored me at every step along the way so it's not like they know me from Joe down the road. The person I had originally ordered with no longer works at the dealership. After placing my 22 order, I received an email with an "order summary time of preview", but it doesn't at all mention my reservation number. I didn't think anything at the time of placing the order just a few hours ago, but now I'm left wondering if what is really happening is they are using my reservation to get a Bronco to sell on the lot, and then they just placed a new 2022 order for me, potentially bumping me behind everyone that has a reservation. My Ford account shows the red Bronco order, whereas up until yesterday it showed my actual reservation/order. Does it sound like my dealer is screwing me or is this normal procedure?
When I read posts about dealerships screwing up someone's order I usually operate under the pretense that the salesrep is incompetent and unintentionally made a mistake rather then them trying to deliberately take advantage of the buyer.

In the case, I think the dealership is trying to take advantage of you. There is no "closing out of MY21 orders" and it sounds like they are doing what you described, placing an order using your res to get a Bronco on the lot and pushing you to the back of the line with a new order. Keep pressing the issue until your account reflects your order. Tweet Mike L and ask him about this closing out of MY21 process and see what he has to say.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

your dealer did to you what every reservation holder fears right now (converted your reservation to THEIR order to take advantage of ridiculous markups). THIS is why FORD has a problem. Their customers do NOT trust FORD or their dealers because of this shit. I'm a life-long member of a 3 generation FORD family, but if this happened to me, neither I nor anyone in my family would EVER buy another FORD. There are too many other companies to waste time on their BS ever again.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does the DORA look like? I’m trying to figure out if they already provided me this.
Ford Bronco Just got an order confirmation, but it's not my order. Gus Machado Bronco order
Sponsored

Reactions: EJC