Sponsored

Just got an order confirmation, but it's not my order.

ibecarly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I reserved a Cactus grey, Black Diamond, 4 door, 2.3 L, MIC top, manual Bronco in Dec 2020 (yes, a late reservation!) Converted it to an order in early March before the deadline.

Got the email just like everyone else that I'd be a MY22 and to place my order. Never received a VIN or production email (which I didn't expect anyway). Yesterday, I got an email that my 2022 Bronco had been ordered as a Wildtrak, hot red pepper metallic, 2.7L, soft top automatic with Sasquatch package... which is definitely NOT my order.

I contacted my dealer and they said they had to do that to close out all MY21 and to ignore it. Placed my MY22 order but they didn't even ask me for my reservation number or anything. I have no relationship with them because they have ignored me at every step along the way so it's not like they know me from Joe down the road. The person I had originally ordered with no longer works at the dealership. After placing my 22 order, I received an email with an "order summary time of preview", but it doesn't at all mention my reservation number. I didn't think anything at the time of placing the order just a few hours ago, but now I'm left wondering if what is really happening is they are using my reservation to get a Bronco to sell on the lot, and then they just placed a new 2022 order for me, potentially bumping me behind everyone that has a reservation. My Ford account shows the red Bronco order, whereas up until yesterday it showed my actual reservation/order. Does it sound like my dealer is screwing me or is this normal procedure?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call Ford customer service right away

OP
OP

ibecarly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call Ford customer service right away
I did, and it disconnected me at 30 minutes and then I called back and it disconnected me again after 60 minutes on hold. Tried calling the customer support number today again but I think they are closed.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except, I think customer service phone lines are closed on Saturday. I would go in in person and request the Dora/WBDO and (anything else they have) printed off about your order. It’s harder to turn down or give you the run around in person. It would be a good time to get the sales price agreement signed once they print that out for you.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds fishy.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ibecarly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just called Ford and their response was that they could not tell me anything about my order, only that it had been submitted, and that they have never heard of a dealer having to "close out 21" orders by placing random orders, but they may have had to, but maybe they messed up, and that I should talk to my dealer. When I said they said it was normal, the CS rep said going through the dealer was the only way to clear this up. What a mess.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check the backdoor link. Add your reservation to the end of it (replace numbers 1-8 with your 8 digit res number). This should give you a list of your current order. My updated 22 order never reflected my original reservation number but It is in fact tied to my original order/acct. So just try this first and see if it looks accurate to you! :)

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=12345678

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I reserved a Cactus grey, Black Diamond, 4 door, 2.3 L, MIC top, manual Bronco in Dec 2020 (yes, a late reservation!) Converted it to an order in early March before the deadline.

Got the email just like everyone else that I'd be a MY22 and to place my order. Never received a VIN or production email (which I didn't expect anyway). Yesterday, I got an email that my 2022 Bronco had been ordered as a Wildtrak, hot red pepper metallic, 2.7L, soft top automatic with Sasquatch package... which is definitely NOT my order.

I contacted my dealer and they said they had to do that to close out all MY21 and to ignore it. Placed my MY22 order but they didn't even ask me for my reservation number or anything. I have no relationship with them because they have ignored me at every step along the way so it's not like they know me from Joe down the road. The person I had originally ordered with no longer works at the dealership. After placing my 22 order, I received an email with an "order summary time of preview", but it doesn't at all mention my reservation number. I didn't think anything at the time of placing the order just a few hours ago, but now I'm left wondering if what is really happening is they are using my reservation to get a Bronco to sell on the lot, and then they just placed a new 2022 order for me, potentially bumping me behind everyone that has a reservation. My Ford account shows the red Bronco order, whereas up until yesterday it showed my actual reservation/order. Does it sound like my dealer is screwing me or is this normal procedure?
Ask your dealer for a copy of your DORA. Everyone should have their DORA! If the Bronco specs are not what you want, tell them to change the order and give your the new DORA. The DORA has the order ID, and you can ask Ford what the time stamp is for this order/reservation. Make sure the timestamp is your reservation date from Dec 2020 and not a later date that they are trying to push on you.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yesterday, I got an email that my 2022 Bronco had been ordered as a Wildtrak, hot red pepper metallic, 2.7L, soft top automatic with Sasquatch package... which is definitely NOT my order.

I contacted my dealer and they said they had to do that to close out all MY21 and to ignore it.
Hot Pepper Red wasn't an option in 2021. I would ask him about that and see how he responds.

And call customer service.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask your dealer for a copy of your DORA. Everyone should have their DORA! If the Bronco specs are not what you want, tell them to change the order and give your the new DORA. The DORA has the order ID, and you can ask Ford what the time stamp is for this order/reservation. Make sure the timestamp is your reservation date from Dec 2020 and not a later date that they are trying to push on you.
Not necessarily true, had similar thing happen to me. Had me sign a DORA after placing my order and then my order on the back door link magically changed. Called salesman and he got it fixed. Still have no idea what happened. But it's correct now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ibecarly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the DORA but the dealer is not responsive and I can't tell if the DORA I have is actually under my reservation or if they just created a completely new order for me.

The sales code and order code are the same between the two, the only thing that is different is I switched to a soft top and my priority code is 10 (when I placed the order back in March is was 19, then it went to 99, and now the new one is 10).

I called the dealership and am waiting for them to call me back. Ford customer service gave me the complete run around saying they cannot pull up any information for me other than an order was submitted and that it might be normal or it might not be normal that the dealer changed the order and there's nothing customer service can do about it.

I'm ok waiting and not in a big rush, but not ok with my dealer possibly hijacking my reservation and ordering something that is not even remotely what I wanted.

I'll post an update when I get more clarification.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time to go in person and have a discussion with the dealer about your reservation/order. If they don't change it and submit it as your spec'd out Bronco, then I'd put the order in 99 status (basically putting your order "on hold") and be looking for another dealer to transfer.

If by chance you stay at your current dealer, you better be getting a Price Agreement (Like Ford recommends) ASAP signed by the GM of the dealership. If they balk at this and give you the "trust us" line, then I'd 99 the order and look for a different dealership.

Good luck to you.

edit: You do have a 3rd option.... If none of the above works out to your satisfaction, you can cancel your order and find a new dealer. You can place a new order with the dealer with your spec'd out Black Diamond. I only say this, because I feel we'll see commodity constraints drive the boat again in MY22. Your Black Diamond build is one that could get pulled early, even with a very late reservation or even in the situation you cancel and resubmit. It's risky, but if you have time and are willing to wait, then... it's an option. Or you could wait for the Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak to get delivered, deny delivery and have to start from scratch at that point.

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the DORA but the dealer is not responsive and I can't tell if the DORA I have is actually under my reservation or if they just created a completely new order for me.

The sales code and order code are the same between the two, the only thing that is different is I switched to a soft top and my priority code is 10 (when I placed the order back in March is was 19, then it went to 99, and now the new one is 10).

I called the dealership and am waiting for them to call me back. Ford customer service gave me the complete run around saying they cannot pull up any information for me other than an order was submitted and that it might be normal or it might not be normal that the dealer changed the order and there's nothing customer service can do about it.

I'm ok waiting and not in a big rush, but not ok with my dealer possibly hijacking my reservation and ordering something that is not even remotely what I wanted.

I'll post an update when I get more clarification.
Why continue working with this dealer? Pick another and call Ford to have the order moved, that is something they can do about it. The poor communication from the dealer around getting it resolved is reason enough to move on from them.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does the DORA look like? I’m trying to figure out if they already provided me this.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base

I’m new to all this too because I just converted mine 2 weekends ago but your situation doesn’t sound right and I would stay on top of the dealer/salesman to give you the correct sheet. My confirmation shows exactly what I ordered.
Sponsored