Sponsored

Ordered at dealer but nothing showing up in my ford account?

Greyhound03

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all - wondering if anyone had similar experience. I have a 2020 reservation timestamp, went in to order with my dealer directly on 1/8/22. Got an e-mail from Ford saying my order was confirmed but when I check my reservation on Ford's website it is still saying "Ready to order" and shows a blue button to "View & Confirm Order" and a separate blue button to "View and Place Order". Called dealer and they said my order is in and attached to the reservation number but the reason it's not reflected on ford's website is due to system issues on ford's side (which is entirely plausible based on what I'm reading in the forums). Just frustrating bc I can't track online and see if/when I'm scheduled and seems like the only thing I can do is call dealer. also just a little worried that something didn't get processed right with the order if its not showing up in my account. Any thoughts or advice based on your experience? Thanks!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you ordered with the dealer you won't see any updates. It'll just give you a little plate that says "ordering with dealer". Here is what I see:

Ford Bronco Ordered at dealer but nothing showing up in my ford account? 1642695931713

There is the backdoor link everyone has been talking about, but the backdoor link is hidden if you ordered with the dealer (hence why it is called the backdoor link). It is really only intended to be used if you ordered online at Ford.com.

For some people the backdoor link shows accurate information, for others it is completely incorrect, some can't access it at all. In my case it was completely incorrect until I went to update my order a few weeks ago. Now most of the information is correct, but a lot is still just flat out wrong.

If it helps.... there is nothing special about the online portal. Everything the backdoor link shows you'll also get in an email. Admittedly the emails updates are a little behind the backdoor link updates, but with months between the initial scheduling and delivery, the email system being a few days behind isn't a big deal. The backdoor link ultimately just gives you something to constantly check and obsess over that isn't your email inbox.

BUT, if you are worried about the dealer messing up on their end, I would call into Ford's customer service and just verify that they are seeing the same thing the dealer is saying and that your order is indeed attached to your reservation.

Last edited:

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mention that you have a reservation, but that you ordered directly with dealer. Did you convert that reservation into an order? If not, everything above is correct. If you did convert your reservation into an order, then you should be able to see things on your ford.com account. That would suggest the dealer messed up or did something funky.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious if my situation has happened to you. I reserved well over a year ago then ordered four months ago. The site never up dated to my order being placed or in process. I continually asked the dealership if they really ordered it. They kept telling me yes. Then I asked how it ties back to my reservation. They finally snapped and had me go to the B&P and start all over. Deposit and all. This tells me they never ordered it. Hopefully your situation is different but if this helps, check it out. I did get one deposit back in the end

OP
OP

Greyhound03

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks folks - really appreciate the insight. Unfortunately for me - the backdoor link doesn't work. I just get an error screen. Broncotrax - did you get an e-mail from Ford acknowledging your order at least? My sinking suspicion is that the dealer did place an order (which is why I got email from Ford) but didn't accurately connect it to my reservation (which is why I don't see it on my account or backdoor) which means I get no credit for my fairly early timestamp. I'm going to e-mail dealer tomorrow.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks folks - really appreciate the insight. Unfortunately for me - the backdoor link doesn't work. I just get an error screen. Broncotrax - did you get an e-mail from Ford acknowledging your order at least? My sinking suspicion is that the dealer did place an order (which is why I got email from Ford) but didn't accurately connect it to my reservation (which is why I don't see it on my account or backdoor) which means I get no credit for my fairly early timestamp. I'm going to e-mail dealer tomorrow.
It's possible. But honestly, the reservations aren't proving to mean anything at this point. You're probably just as well off ordering without it.
Sponsored