First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco is a lot quieter on the Freeway than my Convertible Mustang was. At the same time, it's a lot louder than an F-150 or Expy.

Temper expectations.
Sponsored

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll have to drive it. I read a lot of comments about them being noisy but I just don't hear it that way. It reminds me of the noise levels every sedan had in the mid 2000s before cars and SUVs became bank vaults, which I prefer. I feel way more connected to driving experience.

4wardMotion

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You'll have to drive it. I read a lot of comments about them being noisy but I just don't hear it that way. It reminds me of the noise levels every sedan had in the mid 2000s before cars and SUVs became bank vaults, which I prefer. I feel way more connected to driving experience.
Agreed, a lot of my cars have had loud exhaust, my view may not be that of the average consumer, but it's not that much louder than my E60 M5 with a stock exhaust. Our top is lined, which I guess helps (how much, I"m not sure) but we test drove a big bend and still didn't notice much, granted we didn't hit the highway in that one.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
I've had mine for a while now, it has a hard top I do 80 going down the freeway, and I can carry a conversation with my wife with no problem it isn't that bad.

Cav427

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed, 2024 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Outer Banks with the "Lux Package" comes with additional sound insulation when you get the hard top. Was looking on the ford rewards site and they do have a hard top insulation kit for those that may want it quieter, but I'd imagine one could make their own insulation if they wished and make it look factory. After reading some of the posts here, I wish I'd gotten the soft top.

Sponsored

Brian2011

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trading in my 24 badlands because of the wind and Nosie at 70+, perfectly fine at 65 but once your above 70 a conversation with a passenger is difficult.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trading in my 24 badlands because of the wind and Nosie at 70+, perfectly fine at 65 but once your above 70 a conversation with a passenger is difficult.
Wow, that has got to be a record. How long have you owned it, 3 months?

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What vehicles have you had before? Just curious what you're comparing it against and what you find to be acceptable. It may help people.

Brian2011

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What vehicles have you had before? Just curious what you're comparing it against and what you find to be acceptable. It may help people.
Tacoma's, 2nd Gen and 3rd gen and soon to be a 4th Gen owner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top is noisy, but I expected that. I have the Armadillo top on order, and from what the testing shows, I expect that top to be very quiet. In a video at 75, the decibel meter was at 62~63. This is with a light bar attached as well.

The countdown is on. Can't wait to get it.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
Mine is a 2dr which all 2drs are hard tops. I have gotten use to it, but coming from a 200 Land Cruiser to a Bronco is quite noise adjustment LOL.
Got rid of one of the main culprits which was the 35" SAS Goodyear tires, very noisy tread design.
Great for off road though.
I put 35" Falken Wildpeaks on mine pretty much right after I bought it.
Still have an annoying amount of wind noise but, its tolerable now, and the phone seems to work fine hands free on the interstate at the 70-80mph posted speeds.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love everything else about the truck, but the Nosie driving at that speed for any distance is just to much to take.
There are material ways to improve and mitigate the sound issues. My neighbor has no issues. It looks like you've already got another truck coming, but there are definitely things you can do.
Sponsored