BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s the one sticking point. Seems like the transmission temp hovers ~5 degrees higher with the 33s in the summer than the lighter 32s in the winter. I have wondered what 35s would do to these numbers.

While it’s fun and everyone should try it, I’d actually say dune running is a little overrated. Certainly more fun on a quad or SxS. Makes a big difference if you’re wheeling on a one-way dune trail vs. the free-for-all approach. Scaling a dune when you don’t know if someone is heading up the other side…not exactly relaxing!
I've seen some scary videos about the free-for-all dune running like you talk about.. Definitely seems sketchy.

The last thing I want to deal with while out for the day trying to enjoy myself is worrying about other people's actions and their potential consequences.. that right there is a huge part of the reason I don't attend 'event days' at offroad parks.. and have no interest in riding quads/snowmachines on super popular/busy trailsystems.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ended up getting the 4.27 with lockers on my 2 dr big bend. It's not needed in most situations, but it was a reasonably priced check box on the order.
But things can definitely add up fast.
Good to see that the base can handle a lot and that you are enjoying your ride!
Sponsored