Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as I re-build my now 2022 model year Badlands I noticed that there are a LOT of other options available on Black Diamond, WildTrack, etc that are not yet available on the B&P for the Badands. The Badlands doesnt have options like the tailgate table, off-road assistance kit, spare tore covers, and stuff like that. Anyone know what the deal is there? I am planning on holding out for the slide-out tailgate option that was announced for the 22's but if it will never show up for the Badlands I might as well lock in my order now.
Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely a glitch.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bronco88 nailed it.

Badlands is the heaviest trim, so youā€™re running into weight limits.

Thatā€™s also why some of the options cannot be selected on Wildtrak unless you remove the skid plate. And why you get a few extra options of Badlands (like roof rails) if you stick with the 2.3L instead of the 2.7L. Itā€™s all related to weight.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I pushed my order to 22 for the eruption green colour and roof rack but I wasnā€™t willing to change engines for it. Iā€™ll just buy it afterwards and install it, also wanted the slide out tailgate but it wasnā€™t compatible either on my sasquatched 4 door badlands.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I pushed my order to 22 for the eruption green colour and roof rack but I wasnā€™t willing to change engines for it. Iā€™ll just buy it afterwards and install it, also wanted the slide out tailgate but it wasnā€™t compatible either on my sasquatched 4 door badlands.
You can have the 2.7 on a 4 DR Badlands with a roof rack in 2022.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not on the build and price you canā€™t, only 2.3 Sasquatch badlands or 2.3 non squatch. Says right on the info box that not able to equip on badlands with 2.7. Annoying that the black diamond i built and wildtrak could both equip it; must be a weight issue.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to order rack on my 2022 Badlands 2.7 MIC SQ and said I had to drop to 2.3 to add roof rack. Also could not add rock rails. Nor could dealer. Agree...prolly weight related.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried to order rack on my 2022 Badlands 2.7 MIC SQ and said I had to drop to 2.3 to add roof rack. Also could not add rock rails. Nor could dealer. May be a glitch so will check out build site again.
Weight restriction is really starting to annoy me haha.
Rock rails are standard and a glitch on the site but theyā€™ll be equipped.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weight restriction is really starting to annoy me haha.
Rock rails are standard and a glitch on the site but theyā€™ll be equipped.
Nice to know....thanks!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So as I re-build my now 2022 model year Badlands I noticed that there are a LOT of other options available on Black Diamond, WildTrack, etc that are not yet available on the B&P for the Badands. The Badlands doesnt have options like the tailgate table, off-road assistance kit, spare tore covers, and stuff like that. Anyone know what the deal is there? I am planning on holding out for the slide-out tailgate option that was announced for the 22's but if it will never show up for the Badlands I might as well lock in my order now.
Comparing 2021 & 2022, it looks like they have added many of the items in the Accessories Catalogue onto the Build & Price ordering site, so that you can more easily add them to your vehicle order and pay all at once. The fold-down table shows as an OBX option, but not on Badlands, probably because Badlands has a molle storage unit where the table goes, on the rear door, I think. Many of the items you mention are in the accessories catalogue and can potentially added to any Bronco whether they show on the B & P or not. Although the featured spare tire cover only fits 32" tires, so it won't work on Badlands or any Sasquatch vehicles (larger tire covers are available elsewhere)..

You're correct on the sliding tailgate, is it available anywhere? Remember that it shrinks cargo space in a small vehicle, blocks access to jack storage and floor compartments, and, likely made of steel, adds weight. The Badlands with full Body Armor is already heavy! Weight even effects roof rack options on some Sasquatch vehicles! Each vehicle's options effect what can and cannot go on the vehicle, many of us last year were making comparative tables to sort it out and try to make sense, but I learned that there are few mistakes, rather, there was reasoning behind the option and accessory packages that is not always fully explained by Ford. I like some of the new 2022 options. Good luck. I Wish Ford would explain some of these choices more!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put your order in now. Itā€™s late availability ā€˜22 which means it may never come lol.

It can be ordered and installed later with your FordPass Points

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nope, not with V6 and Sasquatch. I don't think you can even get it with V6.