Sponsored

There are so few MIC hard tops made. Why Ford doesn't consider 2 door soft top.

Mr. Hankey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d MT, GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point in the game for so many of us with first day reservation 2D that have either:
A. cancelled their reservation all together
B. switched to a 4 door that they didn't really want
C. 99 their order
D. or are just hanging on and waiting like myself

IMO that would probably be the ultimate kick in nuts if Ford came along and said, "okay, you 2D guys can have your 2D soft top option now".........

I would walk if that happened.
Hmm I see this a bit differently. I have an early reservation and am awaiting a 2 door. What I really want is a MOD top. There are reports on the forum of the cost of the MIC top being like $6k, and I’d imagine the MOD will be 25% more. Given the sound and quality issues, I am both bummed to have to spend $6k on a top I don’t want as well as bummed I may have to wait many more months without my sweet ride. The Bestop retails for less than $2k - I would be so thrilled to get one instead of the MIC, save some money for the MOD top, and accelerate my build!! Further, when I get the MOD in the future then I’d have a useful soft top to put on during the summer. What am I going to with a low quality $6k MIC top that nobody wants if I upgraded to the MOD? What a waste!
Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

It’s because there’s not enough room in the baggage compartment to House of the hinges when the soft top is folded back. Therefore it would be a one piece soft that you would have to remove from the vehicle