andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That meshes with just about every single thing I’ve seen about them as well. The true roof compromise is the MIC, not the soft top. At this point in the game the smart play seems to be get a soft top, wait out the mod top if you don’t have a bronco/build date yet, or trade in for mod top order next year. There is not a single appealing thing to me about the MIC, only time it seems useful is if you need to mount things to the roof.
If you really want a hard top, you should order it or freak when you see the after sales price. A new version is coming out and it will be 2K more. People have been quoted 13-16k for a top.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If anyone is interested in a like new latest version 2 door hardtop with roof rails complete let me know. I’m installing a bestop and will sell the hardtop.
Price?

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no Fu€king way the hard tops only will be 9K or above. Sounds like more ADM markup bullshit from dealers. The aftermarket hard tops for jeep jl’s and jk’s run $2300 ish and up.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$10,000+ for a hard top right now. Just ridiculous. I am sorry but 1/3-1/4 of the value of the whole vehicle is not the plastic top. I am sure after a few years this will get more reasonable for soft top owners looking to get a hard top. I feel for people that need to replace theirs now though.​

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no Fu€king way the hard tops only will be 9K or above. Sounds like more ADM markup bullshit from dealers. The aftermarket hard tops for jeep jl’s and jk’s run $2300 ish and up.
Got the paper work from a parts director at a dealership. Dealer price is $7200, MSRP is $9600. I couldn't believe it either.

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this MIC v1 or MIC v2?
Does Ford still owe you a replacement? If so, go with the repair.
daaamm thats crazy lol, well good thing for insurance but holy smokes

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hell, I would sell my MIC 2.0 top in a heartbeat for $10k. I would seriously consider anything north of $7500. It's a two door top.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sent you a pm.

$5000 with complete roof rack. From a big bend so windows are tinted. Mic 2.0. Never off the bronco until next weekend when I put the bestop on. Located in Dayton Ohio.
Far more reasonable than me... LOL.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean I'm replacing one of my side soft top windows and it's $750 so anything is possible.
DAMN! Glad a scored a set of all 3 for $300 shipped.

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may lead to MIC tops being a hot ticket to steal. Forget catalytic converters, the MIC tops are where the money is . Lol
Had my tailgate stolen off my 14’ F250 Lariat while parked at Newark Airport for a week. Insurance replacement $3005. Kept looking on eBay for it. Clearly someone knew what they were doing. Ford put auto locks in the 17’ and newer models

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is my major issue with the cost (or possible cost) of this top. In April of 21 when I ordered my 4dr dual top WT the cost of my Vehicle was X then at a later date Ford found all of the hard top issues and pushed the 4dr dual top WT into 2022. Then at some point they took away the dual top option all together until the 2023 my. They then told me that if I wanted my 4dr WT I would have to switch to a soft-top only option or wait until 2023. I switched to a soft-top and have a build week of 1/3 so I am happy with that.

The issue is that through all of these changes triggered by Ford's issues the price of my 4dr WT has remained X. It seems to me that if a customer orders something in one configuration and that configuration changes because of supplier issues that the supplier should do something to make it right with their customer. I don't expect a free top but paying the prices listed above seems a bit outrageous in my opinion.