First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have the ESP? My contract explicitly lists the parts you're stating are not covered.

"Cylinder Heads" and "Cylinder Block" are there under PremiumCARE.

1713129714759-4f.png
Ok, That seems pretty complete. All the advertisements for ESP I have read didn't have the first 3 at all. Those are kinda the important ones, IMO. I have even googled it thinking Ford would have a complete list but couldn't find anything different. Weird. Thanks.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Warranty coverage, under most factory or aftermarket warranties, generally uses the causal part (the first or primary component) to determine coverage. If a valve drops, the causal would likely be the keeper, spring or valve itself but determining which, beyond all doubt, is usually very difficult. If the causal is covered on a plan it's usually a safe bet that the consequential damage will be covered. A lot of aftermarket plans don't cover fluids, belts, hoses, filters even if the factory says they're one time use parts or some labor.

You have two types of plans one that names all of the parts that are covered and exclusionary which lists all the parts that aren't. Need to be very careful when buying a plan because a lot of places represent them as "factory" or identical to factory which none are. IMO, if you're going to get a warranty, aftermarket or factory, pay the $$ and get whatever is considered comprehensive. None are going to cover all of the stuff factory coverage provides but it will be better than getting the shock of a huge bill for a part you thought was covered.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have a list of everything covered, but I do this for a living. Premiumcare covers practically everything. I’ve replaced tons of engines through ESP.
What do you think of the pics? I'm not seeing water damage so much as definitely burned through and coolant got into a cylinder but do you think this started as a fire ring failure which eventually eroded through the block or possibly an injector with a messed up spray pattern that blasted that side of the cylinder? Guess it could've just started as a block defect and gone from there but the typical water ingestion evidence isn't there. Turbo isn't that remarkable either considering the miles/km.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you think of the pics? I'm not seeing water damage so much as definitely burned through and coolant got into a cylinder but do you think this started as a fire ring failure which eventually eroded through the block or possibly an injector with a messed up spray pattern that blasted that side of the cylinder? Guess it could've just started as a block defect and gone from there but the typical water ingestion evidence isn't there. Turbo isn't that remarkable either considering the miles/km.
The air cleaner looks like it was submerged as does the inlet turbine.

Sponsored

Born2Drive

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good day all,

I am seeking advise regarding my current situation with my Bronco.

About 3 weeks ago I was driving on the highway and the Bronco started shaking like crazy, I thought the motor was gonna fly out of the bay.

I pulled over the side and at the same time my engine check light came on, my friend who is a mechanic came to meet me there to check the faults, so I had faults thaT said cylinder 3 and 4 misfire.

I got it tow to my dealer, after 2 and a half weeks they came back with this "We cannot confirm that water was the actual culprit , it was just a possibility. All we know is that something went through the engine." And they told me that it was not cover under the warranty as I had 109 000km so 9000 pass the warranty.

Also the oil was clean no sign of water.

I still don t know what was the cause and I sure didn't go swimming with it. I am attaching the pictures they send me.

So now I need a new engine and the bill is 12k canadian.

Any thoughts and what should I do.

Screenshot_20240413_124423_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_124419_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_124413_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_124405_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_124359_Gmail.jpg
This sounds like a great opportunity to install a V8 Coyote engine! 😁

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even if it did take in water and potentially lift the head, it would’ve ran like shit far before it torched the cylinder wall/head like that.

From all the coolant intrusion I’m sure we’ve both seen on 4 cylinder Ford engines, I’ve never seen one do this.

I would probably guess this was an injector issue. But a factory defect in the cylinder wall is certainly a good thought also

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The air cleaner looks like it was submerged as does the inlet turbine.
Not going to argue that there may have been some stuff in the box but it definitely does not look as bad as some I've seen that have been submarined.

What are you seeing on the compressor fins that I'm not? This is a 68,000 mile engine and that's pretty much normal.

Sponsored

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Accidental water ingestion is normally covered by insurance, so claim against it. Also might be worth just replacing it yourself as your premiums would go up for awhile. I might add a non dealership shop will save you money and be more thorough on average. Trading might be on the table and let them deal with it if they want. I have been in a very similar position with a Jeep, and feel your plight. You are going to pay one way or another just limit your exposure best you can with the tools and options at hand. Good luck.

Spiniker

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, That seems pretty complete. All the advertisements for ESP I have read didn't have the first 3 at all. Those are kinda the important ones, IMO. I have even googled it thinking Ford would have a complete list but couldn't find anything different. Weird. Thanks.
Your picture states" all lubricated internal parts" and then lists cylinder head hmm!

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS / 2017 Lincoln Nautilus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm definitely no expert, but that air cleaner does look like it's been wet.
Not only does it look like it's been wet, it's been hard off-road, you can tell by all the mud and grime everywhere. Dealers hone in on that type of stuff to make their conclusions, becasue they don't make that much money doing warranty work and they avoid it at all costs. I hate dealers!

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your picture states" all lubricated internal parts" and then lists cylinder head hmm!
I did not post a picture.
Sponsored