First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This really sucks on a brand new vehicle. And any time you have to get your vehicle serviced by the dealer or anyone else I am starting to dislike even more than going to the dentist or Dr. All the dealers and shops are so busy- it's a waiting game these days just to get the vehicle in. Then it goes in and more waiting. Then can they even do the work right.......And the vehicles of today are so hard to work on yourself......

I feel so "gifted" that my 2022 2 Door Sas has been pretty good so far- no issues other than 1 recall for the windshield reseal and the front driveshaft (had to be replaced). All routine maintenance I do myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
43’ motorhome, 14 Jeep jku toad, 2014 F150 toad
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely agree! I opened the hood and it looked like something from the Space Station engine bay!!
YIKES!!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting idea. Wonder what sensor would cause 2 injectors not to fire?
fuel level was above 3/4.
I pushed open the flapper, in the fuel fill tube, and there was a bit of pressure in it, but I think that is normal.
now it’s a waiting game with the local dealer.
Unless 2 injectors went bad at the same time, which would be extremely rare, a wiring issue is the most likely cause.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless 2 injectors went bad at the same time, which would be extremely rare, a wiring issue is the most likely cause.
Piggybacking on the possible wiring problem, OP did you or your buddy look under the hood for possible rodent damage to the harness?

OP
OP

Mhguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
43’ motorhome, 14 Jeep jku toad, 2014 F150 toad
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just picked up the Bronco. The dealer went through a full battery of tests and couldn't find a definitive problem. They took it on an extensive test drive to try and replicate the issue and it never did it again!
They did reload some software and cleared a couple of codes, but they really didn’t think they were causing the problem. Time will tell.
I drove it about 30 miles home, the last 10-15 miles, in a blinding snow storm, and it was flawless!!
Thanks to all of you, for your support and ideas!
Greg
Sponsored