Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted to post this for tracking/advise purposes.

I am at 1900 miles on my 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7! Was on the highway and pushed the pedal down to pass someone and my dash popped up saying bring vehicle in for service. At that time it was just a service wrench. Got to my destination turned off the bronco and when I got back and started it now the wrench and the check engine lights were both on. I used a code reader to check what the issue was and it gave me P0299 “Turbo A Under Boost Condition”. Now the wrench has gone away and I just have the check engine light. Vehicle still seems to be running fine. Has anyone heard of this issue? Thank you! My Ford dealership can’t schedule me for two weeks!!!

90B44E50-2509-41FE-82BC-720C8E114328.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you need my VIN for?
Cause I'm a dealer and can look at your VHR data to see if there are any other codes and maybe recommend some things to look at until your dealer can get you in.

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cause I'm a dealer and can look at your VHR data to see if there are any other codes and maybe recommend some things to look at until your dealer can get you in.
What would you recommend looking at for the error code P0299 that I am receiving?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would you recommend looking at for the error code P0299 that I am receiving?
Depends if there are any other codes in the system and what they are. Either way, I can't do much without the VIN.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

P0299 is the turbo... I've seen the error code before on the Ranger and F-150.

In my case all it took was swapping out the air filter, but these were worksite trucks that are not taking care of and are sucking in dust and other junk all day every day. Obviously at 1900 miles you shouldn't have air filter issues.

Ping @flip your VIN if you haven't already... he can pull up the vehicle health report since he works for a dealer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought there was someone else who had an underboost error and it turned out the intake hoses were loose.

And to the OP @flip is a well-known member and is helped out many folks on this board being that he has access to information the rest of us don't. He's not some hacker trying to get your info :)

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s legit and always helpful. If you want to learn anything else- send him your VIN.

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought there was someone else who had an underboost error and it turned out the intake hoses were loose.

And to the OP @flip is a well-known member and is helped out many folks on this board being that he has access to information the rest of us don't. He's not some hacker trying to get your info :)
Ended up being the hose clamps were loose! All good!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ended up being the hose clamps were loose! All good!
Nice... I already had that item on my pickup checklist myself... Which is getting very long by the way :sick: