First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my check engine light came on today!!! i got my bronco less than a week ago! here’s what ford pass says.
anyone else have the same??? bringing it in tomorrow morning.

6717A057-CC3E-43CF-A8DF-E1BBA569D7C1.png
Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check for a loose battery connection. it could also be the Evap Canister Purge Valve which is part of Fords cap less fuel door system if I recall. I had an F-150 throw a cel light mostly in the cold months and it was due to that. If it drives rough or seems different it could be something worse. I always drove my F 150 with no issues and the light would turn off. Obviously with this being a new vehicle I would take it in to have Ford diagnose it. Sorry for your early Bronco woes my fellow 1/17er.🙁

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine came on as I drove away from dealer! Lose connection on sensor/broken tab... Waiting on replacement. Is light isn't flashing... You're on to keep going.

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my check engine light came on today!!! i got my bronco less than a week ago! here’s what ford pass says.

Ford Bronco check engine light on already!!! 6717A057-CC3E-43CF-A8DF-E1BBA569D7C1
Fuel cap not on correctly?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The FordPass description is just straight up generic. Just going to have to bring it into the dealer and have them look at it. Could be a hundred different things.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's engine issues.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same thing going on. My code reader showed a "P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected". I cleared it and it came back a couple of days later. I have a service scheduled on 8/2. I had to call around to a couple of dealers. The first dealer told me they were a month out on check engine light repairs!!??

20220720_162617.jpg

20220720_162631.jpg

OP
OP

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same thing going on. My code reader showed a "P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected". I cleared it and it came back a couple of days later. I have a service scheduled on 8/2. I had to call around to a couple of dealers. The first dealer told me they were a month out on check engine light repairs!!??

Ford Bronco check engine light on already!!! 20220720_162631

Ford Bronco check engine light on already!!! 20220720_162631
my dealership told me they were 6 weeks booked for appointments & i said “i haven’t even had it for a week!!! you need to fix it today!” i took it there before they opened. the check engine light turned on yesterday when they were closed so i couldn’t make an appointment.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did the same thing the other day.... My code reader showed a "P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected ... Hot in Texas right now... pushed the little flapper a couple of times on the fuel tank... cleared the code.... never came on again... that was 2 weeks ago...

OP
OP

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did the same thing the other day.... My code reader showed a "P0456 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected ... Hot in Texas right now... pushed the little flapper a couple of times on the fuel tank... cleared the code.... never came on again... that was 2 weeks ago...
my dealership just called & said they fixed it! sounds like tbis was probably the same issue you had but they did say they replaced a part! so you may want to take yours in if you have time since it’s under warranty!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Prolly cleared the code (aka replaced part).

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same P0456 code just come on on my 2013 Taurus SHO. I have a cheap Craftsman OBD reader.
The fix was getting a replacement Evap Purge valve for under the hood. Keep in mind that my car is 9 years old with 84k on the clock. Not sure why a one week old vehicle would dothis unless something popped loose. Good luck.
Sponsored