Sponsored

Need Advice--Should I Cancel My Unscheduled Order?

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Abbreviating a very long backstory (if interested in details look at some of my prior posts), in addition to the usual order hell that is well documented here, my original '22 order was grossly mishandled by my sales guy, who should have know how to easily fix it, but continued to ignore my phone calls, texts, in-person visits--pretty much ignored me. After months of nothing, and with cancelation in November if not fixed, the Gen. Sales Manager managed to get with Ford and fix the problem. Plus, outside of the two order confirmations, no emails from Ford, at all. Needless to say, it has not been a great experience.

In light of the recent "you will get dropped if not scheduled" position from Ford, we looked for and ultimately found a '22 a couple of weeks ago with everything we had on our order (MIC, LUX, tow, same interior), different color, but with SAS. Great experience with the out of state dealer, the slight premium we paid was damn bargain compared to general ADM greed, especially for the three deadly sins on the vehicle, and we of course love our Bronco. Our original thought was get what we can get and then trade it in for our ordered Bronco if and when built. But...we are happy with what we have and I would argue better with SAS so we are not going to trade-in. Which brings us to our still active unscheduled order.

On one hand, since we are not going to take delivery, I should just cancel and get my deposit back? That may also allow someone else to get their vehicle scheduled. That said, I am still extremely salty over the whole ordering fiasco and in my black heart of hearts, wants to force Ford to produce the vehicle that I expended so much time and energy to push; not trying to be a jerk, but I need some satisfaction. So sincerely asking for thoughts on what I should do, such as:

-Just cancel and be done with it?
-Let Ford produce and deliver, and refuse delivery, thus giving the dealer a shot at selling it, maybe over ADM?
-Attempt to find someone to take my order in my place when delivered, maybe for $500 to me plus my deposit? Is that even possible (I don't want to finance, buy and resell)?
-See if the dealer will offer me anything to cancel, such as FordPass points? Again, is that possible. If I do, I assume they get what would be part of my private offer so maybe that helps them (?).
-Other?

I appreciate your thoughts, especially since I probably am overcomplicating this (but, can't get over my saltiness).
Sponsored

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just walk away.
X2

Or cancel. People have been waiting 2 years for what they ordered. You have what you want, you don't have to try to make a quick buck at someone else's expense. Just cancel and maybe someone from this community that is waiting can get to enjoy one as well without getting gouged (any worse) than they already have.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

X2

Or cancel. People have been waiting 2 years for what they ordered. You have what you want, you don't have to try to make a quick buck at someone else's expense. Just cancel and maybe someone from this community that is waiting can get to enjoy one as well without getting gouged (any worse) than they already have.
Thanks, and to be clear, I tend agree with you and am not out to make a quick buck. Probably unreasonably, I feel like I need to get a pound of flesh from the dealer; if I can do that and help someone else, all the better. And I like to explore options--but, yes, inclined to just walk away.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Abbreviating a very long backstory (if interested in details look at some of my prior posts), in addition to the usual order hell that is well documented here, my original '22 order was grossly mishandled by my sales guy, who should have know how to easily fix it, but continued to ignore my phone calls, texts, in-person visits--pretty much ignored me. After months of nothing, and with cancelation in November if not fixed, the Gen. Sales Manager managed to get with Ford and fix the problem. Plus, outside of the two order confirmations, no emails from Ford, at all. Needless to say, it has not been a great experience.

In light of the recent "you will get dropped if not scheduled" position from Ford, we looked for and ultimately found a '22 a couple of weeks ago with everything we had on our order (MIC, LUX, tow, same interior), different color, but with SAS. Great experience with the out of state dealer, the slight premium we paid was damn bargain compared to general ADM greed, especially for the three deadly sins on the vehicle, and we of course love our Bronco. Our original thought was get what we can get and then trade it in for our ordered Bronco if and when built. But...we are happy with what we have and I would argue better with SAS so we are not going to trade-in. Which brings us to our still active unscheduled order.

On one hand, since we are not going to take delivery, I should just cancel and get my deposit back? That may also allow someone else to get their vehicle scheduled. That said, I am still extremely salty over the whole ordering fiasco and in my black heart of hearts, wants to force Ford to produce the vehicle that I expended so much time and energy to push; not trying to be a jerk, but I need some satisfaction. So sincerely asking for thoughts on what I should do, such as:

-Just cancel and be done with it?
-Let Ford produce and deliver, and refuse delivery, thus giving the dealer a shot at selling it, maybe over ADM?
-Attempt to find someone to take my order in my place when delivered, maybe for $500 to me plus my deposit? Is that even possible (I don't want to finance, buy and resell)?
-See if the dealer will offer me anything to cancel, such as FordPass points? Again, is that possible. If I do, I assume they get what would be part of my private offer so maybe that helps them (?).
-Other?

I appreciate your thoughts, especially since I probably am overcomplicating this (but, can't get over my saltiness).

You should have cancelled your order prior to purchasing, and claimed the $2,500 certificate for doing so, if that in-stock Bronco was a blue window sticker dealer ordered truck, or a qualified "in-stock" bronco.

if you can't retroactively get that certificate from your purchasing dealership, cancel outright with the other unscheduled dealer, so that they free up allocations of constrained items, and don't allow them to sell for a markup.

Sponsored
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Eh, I wouldn't spend any more time thinking about it than you have to. I'd just cancel and walk, get your $100 back.

The dealer can't reward FordPass points, they don't have that power. And technically it's the dealer's vehicle until it is sold to you. So the whole "pay me to walk away" trick isn't likely to work unless that dealer is just dumb.
Thanks, per what I just posted, just trying to explore all the options. Given all the BS I had to deal with (above and beyond), psychologically having trouble just giving up, But, yeah, best and right thing to do.

P.S.--I appreciate all the advice you give here and elsewhere.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should have cancelled your order prior to purchasing, and claimed the $2,500 certificate for doing so, if that in-stock Bronco was a blue window sticker dealer ordered truck, or a qualified "in-stock" bronco.

if you can't retroactively get that certificate from your purchasing dealership, cancel outright with the other unscheduled dealer, so that they free up allocations of constrained items, and don't allow them to sell for a markup.
Agree completely but to be clear, it was used so it was not a qualified in-stock. If so, that is what I would have done, game over. Thanks though for the great thought.

gkellys

Black Diamond
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Jk, 2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As it is unscheduled… I would cancel.
If it were scheduled… I would let it come in and then make a decision,
Its your order. Either way, no one on the forum is writing you a check.
I would not fault whatever decision you make.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non SAS outer banks on order. Not sure why it hasn't been built yet. No way you flip that for a profit. Cancel and get your $100 back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As it is unscheduled… I would cancel.
If it were scheduled… I would let it come in and then make a decision,
Its your order. Either way, no one on the forum is writing you a check.
I would not fault whatever decision you make.
Given my further thoughts, and the comments here, including yours, that is where I am leaning.

Like many many people here, every Thursday I wait for the scheduling email and every Thursday, zilch. Trying to get out of that mode but a hard habit to break, especially having the satisfaction of finally getting scheduled. Note, I did not claim to be rational, clearly.

I know you are not implying anything untoward, but again to be clear to everyone, not at all fishing for someone to write me a check or flip for a profit as much as I had a passing thought of helping getting someone a Bronco, using my private offer (that I think would result in under current MSRP for them) and maybe getting a buck or two for my trouble. Money in my pocket is not what I care about at all as much as getting a pound of flesh from Ford, somehow... But...I should just enjoy my vehicle, restore my inner peace and move on.

Thanks for your advice.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Non SAS outer banks on order. Not sure why it hasn't been built yet. No way you flip that for a profit. Cancel and get your $100 back.
Yeah, it is a mystery other than my the prior issues with my order/sales guy.

Restating what I just replied to another comment--not at all looking to flip for a profit, as much as how can I stick it to Ford and get some Ford money, albeit indirectly (the person that takes my order gets some of my private offer)--again, a random thought. Ford has driven me out of my senses.

So, probably cancelling and getting my $600 back ($100 reservation and $500 order deposit).

Big thanks.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Cancel it. I had a crappy thing happen to me where I didn't get my Bronco because of a dealer.

Fast forward a year, I bought what I was going to get and while I think that dealer is still a total friggin' asshat, it doesn't bother me nearly as much anymore.

You'll be happy driving your Bronco and the saltiness will fade. Cancel it and try to not give it another thought.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cancel it. I had a crappy thing happen to me where I didn't get my Bronco because of a dealer.

Fast forward a year, I bought what I was going to get and while I think that dealer is still a total friggin' asshat, it doesn't bother me anymore.

You'll be happy driving your Bronco and forget about it. Cancel it and don't give it another thought.
Sorry for your own dealing with asshats. Yeah. Just gonna move on

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, it is a mystery other than my the prior issues with my order/sales guy.

Restating what I just replied to another comment--not at all looking to flip for a profit, as much as how can I stick it to Ford and get some Ford money, albeit indirectly (the person that takes my order gets some of my private offer)--again, a random thought. Ford has driven me out of my senses.

So, probably cancelling and getting my $600 back ($100 reservation and $500 order deposit).

Big thanks.
Is your $500 deposit refundable?
Make sure it is before cancelling.
Sponsored