Sponsored

Need help trying to verify my order was placed? Great news, resolved!

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello All,
I'm an old guy trying to varify my order has been placed by my dealer. I got a reservation about 1 hour into the reveal for a Wildtrac. However we decided to change the order to a base with lots of options. Last week I sent my build sheet to my dealer and got back a "preview order" for #82xx. However this is the problem, there is only one person at my selected dealer who is handling all the new Bronco orders and no one else there knows anything about it! This person evidently got sick last week the day they sent me my order preview and has not returned to work yet and likely wont be there tomorrow either. Realizing that the 19th is suppose to be the cut off date, I'm trying to verify my order was actually places? The preview order shows the following info;
Order Code 82xx
Type Retail
Priority Code 99
Sales Code F215xx
Vehicle Line Bronco
Model year 2021
It also shows all the selected options we selected (except the Bimi top) and the pricing.
I was hoping there is a way to verify the reservation was actually converted to an order with Ford?
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Code 99 means that it is a no build currently. So it would not have been sent to ford to actually build. Probably need to ask the dealership to change the code to anything except 99 if you want a MY21. If going for MY22 you should be good and have plenty of time.

Edit: Ford contact number 800-392-3673. You can call ford as well and speak with them about it. Limited in what they can do but usually helpful.

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Code 99 means that it is a no build currently. So it would not have been sent to ford to actually build. Probably need to ask the dealership to change the code to anything except 99 if you want a MY21. If going for MY22 you should be good and have plenty of time.
I'm betting the 2022's will have a higher price tag? I Don't understand why I got a code 99 when my reservation number was only one hour into the release? Thank you for your response!

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm betting the 2022's will have a higher price tag? I Don't understand why I got a code 99 when my reservation number was only one hour into the release? Thank you for your response!
It may be because they were putting in the order and coded in 99 until it was verified by you. Then they go back and switch to 10-19 these are the common numbers seen for build orders.

Sponsored

schlumpj

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea, all it shows is my reservation?
You need to get this ordered somehow by tomorrow. Either thru your dealership or by transferring to another dealership. If you transfer make sure it is to a reputable dealer and make sure you talk to them first.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All,
I'm an old guy trying to varify my order has been placed by my dealer. I got a reservation about 1 hour into the reveal for a Wildtrac. However we decided to change the order to a base with lots of options. Last week I sent my build sheet to my dealer and got back a "preview order" for #82xx. However this is the problem, there is only one person at my selected dealer who is handling all the new Bronco orders and no one else there knows anything about it! This person evidently got sick last week the day they sent me my order preview and has not returned to work yet and likely wont be there tomorrow either. Realizing that the 19th is suppose to be the cut off date, I'm trying to verify my order was actually places? The preview order shows the following info;
Order Code 82xx
Type Retail
Priority Code 99
Sales Code F215xx
Vehicle Line Bronco
Model year 2021
It also shows all the selected options we selected (except the Bimi top) and the pricing.
I was hoping there is a way to verify the reservation was actually converted to an order with Ford?
Hi Larry. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Edit: Ford contact number 800-392-3673. You can call ford as well and speak with them about it. Limited in what they can do but usually helpful.
I wouldn't use that number. You should call the Customer Support directly, then there is an option to get connected directly to a Bronco rep. That team can't see the exact order, but they should be able to see that an order was placed.

Call 800-334-4375

The code is entered by the dealer when they input your order. It's up to them to select the appropriate number. There are valid reason to code something 99, but if you are interested in getting your Bronco as soon as possible, and not wait for a MY22, then it shouldn't be a 99.

2022's will likely be more expensive just because prices tend to increase year-to-year. Some people are choosing to intentionally wait for 2022 models since we're not that far away and there are other options that we know will become available then (white modular top and a green body color being the main ones).

Yea, all it shows is my reservation?
If it only shows a "Reservation" and not an "In-Store Order" a few things could be the cause:

1. Your order has been submitted, but it is coded 99 as a "do not build."

2. Your order has been submitted correctly, but it is not tied to your reservation. Apparently there is a check box a dealer needs to select to tie the order correctly. If it is not tied you effectively lose your place in line and go to the back. They can check this box after the fact to fix the mistake.

3. Your order has not been submitted at all.

Either way you must get a hold of your dealership and speak to someone to find out what is going on, and get it corrected. The good news is that the deadline on Friday isn't a true hard deadline. You can still have your order submitted after that date. If it is submitted after Friday, there are a couple downsides, but they aren't terminal. (If your order is submitted after the deadline you will not get an estimated delivery window from Ford in May, and your build will not be considered for the first 3 months of production.)

When you speak to your dealer make sure you get the Summary Sheet that looks correct to you and the priority code is a number 10-19.

After it is submitted by the dealer your Ford.com account should get updated to show that an "In-Store Order" was made.

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like I'm gonna have to transfer dealerships. They say the person doing all the bronco stuff is out sick (has been for a week)... But I really don't believe it.. I think they are just trying find a way to get another Bronco available to sell above MSRP on their lot! I called that ford number 2 days ago and they said that if I had that 4 digit order number and the sales code number, I should be good! But they didn't say good for what year? I should have asked..

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It may be because they were putting in the order and coded in 99 until it was verified by you. Then they go back and switch to 10-19 these are the common numbers seen for build orders.
I verified it last week through email.. But the person has not been back at work to find out why I'm coded 99?? I'm pretty sure I was the first reservation using that dealer. I sure hope she's back at work tomorrow?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like I'm gonna have to transfer dealerships. They say the person doing all the bronco stuff is out sick (has been for a week)... But I really don't believe it.. I think they are just trying find a way to get another Bronco available to sell above MSRP on their lot! I called that ford number 2 days ago and they said that if I had that 4 digit order number and the sales code number, I should be good! But they didn't say good for what year? I should have asked..

Did you get a confirmation e-mail from Ford ?????

something like this......

Ford Bronco Need help trying to verify my order was placed? Great news, resolved! 1616020207081

My dealer has told me they placed the order and I received the e-mail. Dealer also gave me a 4 digit order number But my Ford.com account still says in-store order. Yes I gave my reservation number to my dealer.

Everything looks good but I worry they have it coded 99. Asked them to check but have not heard back yet.

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you get a confirmation e-mail from Ford ?????

something like this......

Ford Bronco Need help trying to verify my order was placed? Great news, resolved! 1616020207081

My dealer has told me they placed the order and I received the e-mail. Dealer also gave me a 4 digit order number But my Ford.com account still says in-store order. Yes I gave my reservation number to my dealer.

Everything looks good but I worry they have it coded 99. Asked them to check but have not heard back yet.

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, didn't get one of those? However I did get a copy of my order review from this address?
[email protected]
My order was an attached .pdf
the email read as follows
Attached is the Order Summary for Order 82xx

* Please Note: This order summary was sent from a no-reply e-mail address. Your response cannot be delivered to your dealership. Please contact the dealer you are working with directly for further assistance regarding your order.*

Of course, because the person I'm dealing with has been out sick, no one else there knows what to do? I hope she is feeling better and is back tomorrow?? I've Got to get the priority code changed from 99 to 10-19 somehow??

OP
OP
LarryS

LarryS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Larry. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I wouldn't use that number. You should call the Customer Support directly, then there is an option to get connected directly to a Bronco rep. That team can't see the exact order, but they should be able to see that an order was placed.

Call 800-334-4375

The code is entered by the dealer when they input your order. It's up to them to select the appropriate number. There are valid reason to code something 99, but if you are interested in getting your Bronco as soon as possible, and not wait for a MY22, then it shouldn't be a 99.

2022's will likely be more expensive just because prices tend to increase year-to-year. Some people are choosing to intentionally wait for 2022 models since we're not that far away and there are other options that we know will become available then (white modular top and a green body color being the main ones).

If it only shows a "Reservation" and not an "In-Store Order" a few things could be the cause:

1. Your order has been submitted, but it is coded 99 as a "do not build."

2. Your order has been submitted correctly, but it is not tied to your reservation. Apparently there is a check box a dealer needs to select to tie the order correctly. If it is not tied you effectively lose your place in line and go to the back. They can check this box after the fact to fix the mistake.

3. Your order has not been submitted at all.

Either way you must get a hold of your dealership and speak to someone to find out what is going on, and get it corrected. The good news is that the deadline on Friday isn't a true hard deadline. You can still have your order submitted after that date. If it is submitted after Friday, there are a couple downsides, but they aren't terminal. (If your order is submitted after the deadline you will not get an estimated delivery window from Ford in May, and your build will not be considered for the first 3 months of production.)

When you speak to your dealer make sure you get the Summary Sheet that looks correct to you and the priority code is a number 10-19.

After it is submitted by the dealer your Ford.com account should get updated to show that an "In-Store Order" was made.
I'll call the dealer in the morning. If the person is still out sick, I will try the ford phone number again..
Thank you.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you’re close to the dealer, I’d go in physically a d ask for the sales manager and get this sorted out. And if the sales manager can’t help you then you might be at the wrong dealer. You can also ask the sales manager (If they say they can’t help you) to call the zone rep and have the zone rep talk the sales manager through what to do - I would assume this shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes in WBDO. Or, as others have said, switch dealers but this is not ideal unless you talk to the new dealer first and confirm they can take you And input the order by Friday end of day.

Best of luck!
Sponsored