Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery of my 22 2DR/WT/SAS/A51 on Friday....After almost 2 years
To my surprise, Something looked a bit bare. NO ROCK SLIDERS!! Bare bones.
So, I am asking for assistance from anyone.

I am looking for something a bit more tubular, but with a 'step' functionality, that remains a bit sleek.
I have checked Panda, RC, 4WP, etc.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Sean
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wild traks don’t come with rock rails. It’s not even an option on the build and price. I think Badlands and black diamonds are the only trims you can get them on. If you want the factory rock rails, other people are selling them who want aftermarket sliders.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just learning these don't work on anything but a trim that comes with factory rock rails.

Something about other trims missing the required parts.

I haven't had a chance to dig further, but this is worrisome if it's true.

OP
OP
ALVA DUDE

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just learning these don't work on anything but a trim that comes with factory rock rails.

wellll, sh!&!!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its clearly written on their website product page, no digging needed.

Ford Bronco Need rock sliders suggestions 1643729210317

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its clearly written on their website product page, no digging needed.

Ford Bronco Need rock sliders suggestions 1643729210317
Well shit. So My original plan was to get the sidesteps temporarily while waiting for aftermarket to come up with real rock rails.

Then I was going to sell the side steps. I know what other people are trying to sell the rock rails that come on their BL.

So are we saying that none of us can actually do that because the person buying it would not be able to mount them to their Bronco?

I guess at this point I'm trying to figure out, if I have to add the side steps back to get the required brackets, and then when I pull the side steps off, are they actually still usable by somebody else or will I have to pull brackets off the steps and make them worthless?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well shit. So My original plan was to get the sidesteps temporarily while waiting for aftermarket to come up with real rock rails.

Then I was going to sell the side steps. I know what other people are trying to sell the rock rails that come on their BL.

So are we saying that none of us can actually do that because the person buying it would not be able to mount them to their Bronco?

I guess at this point I'm trying to figure out, if I have to add the side steps back to get the required brackets, and then when I pull the side steps off, are they actually still usable by somebody else or will I have to pull brackets off the steps and make them worthless?
Its really pretty simple. You need the Ford brackets to mount these rock rails. If you don't have the Ford brackets you need to acquire them from Ford. Same for anyone who is looking to purchase used parts, I would imagine anyone selling used steps/sliders is keeping the Ford brackets.

Sponsored

JBMontclair

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco - 4 Door - BD - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

or you dont get the zroadz sliders. I dont recall go rhino's dss slider/steps requiring the ford brackets (havent added any steps yet so not an expert). Also i dont think next ventures need this hardware as well. I do really like the look of zroadz's offering and they seem functional as both step and as sliders. From the start been looking at the gorhinos as back then there really wasnt much available - but decided to just rely on the factory rails for the protection they offer for the time being as the aftermarket products seemed to get delayed by the bronco delays. Next Venture's also look great, they may even be better geared toward off road use and i believe they recommended adding drilling additional optional mount holes for installation for maximum strength. These seemed to ride pretty high so Im not sure how great a step it is compared. Beyond that it comes down to price where the go rhino's are the cheapest ($500 range) and zroadz are like twice that (1000ish) and i think next ventures are 3x (1500ish) the go rhinos if im not mistaken.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its really pretty simple. You need the Ford brackets to mount these rock rails. If you don't have the Ford brackets you need to acquire them from Ford. Same for anyone who is looking to purchase used parts, I would imagine anyone selling used steps/sliders is keeping the Ford brackets.
Thanks, but not going to happen. If I can't buy a product that works for 66% of Bronco Trims, I'll buy a better product...maybe this is a sign I need to go frame mounted :)

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took delivery of my 22 2DR/WT/SAS/A51 on Friday....After almost 2 years
To my surprise, Something looked a bit bare. NO ROCK SLIDERS!! Bare bones.
So, I am asking for assistance from anyone.

I am looking for something a bit more tubular, but with a 'step' functionality, that remains a bit sleek.
I have checked Panda, RC, 4WP, etc.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Sean

Curious of you made a decision on this? What did you go with?

Battleborn

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands