Sponsored

*Poll* Rock Slider Suggestions?

Out of the options below, which rock sliders do you like best?

• LOD Off Road - https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-signature-rocksliders

• GOAT Fab (WITHOUT top plate) - https://goatfabrication.com/collections/4-door-bronco/products/goat-b

• GOAT Fab (WITH top plate) - https://goatfabrication.com/collections/4-door-bronco/products/goat-bron

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frame mount is best, but I wouldn't want to mess with welding or drilling the heat treated frame, I'd look for one which don't require modification and there are a few.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How have these been with preventing rock chips on the side of your Bronco? How long have you had them installed for?
I have had them on for about a month. They seem to block the majority of the rocks/mud slung by the Territories, but I haven't been down a heavy gravel road since install. The Territories pick up everything and certainly hear much less body "tings". I went through some mud and was surprised at how well they blocked the mud sling. As you can see from the pics, they nearly extend out to the edge of the SAS tires and have already protected from a door ding once.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/goat-rock-sliders-now-with-top-plates.51982/page-2

I know frame mounted are best, but there have been lots of comments on the research Ford and the designers must have put into the factory sub-body location/reinforcement. All hardware is upgrade to longer grade 10 bolts with these. After these vids I decided this would be sufficient for my use and I liked the tighter tuck/profile.

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

get the @GoatFab sliders! They're on sale right now too!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had them on for about a month. They seem to block the majority of the rocks/mud slung by the Territories, but I haven't been down a heavy gravel road since install. The Territories pick up everything and certainly hear much less body "tings". I went through some mud and was surprised at how well they blocked the mud sling. As you can see from the pics, they nearly extend out to the edge of the SAS tires and have already protected from a door ding once.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/goat-rock-sliders-now-with-top-plates.51982/page-2

I know frame mounted are best, but there have been lots of comments on the research Ford and the designers must have put into the factory sub-body location/reinforcement. All hardware is upgrade to longer grade 10 bolts with these. After these vids I decided this would be sufficient for my use and I liked the tighter tuck/profile.
This video actually makes me even more against the body mounted rails. Throughout the whole video you can see the rail is actually bending up making contact with the body. I don't like that at all. I've had some very hard slams coming off ledges and I really think I would have had some body damage with those.

The stock rails are tucked under and there isn't nearly as much of a lever. With these rails coming out, there is a lot more torque being applied to the mounting locations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This video actually makes me even more against the body mounted rails. Throughout the whole video you can see the rail is actually bending up making contact with the body. I don't like that at all. I've had some very hard slams coming off ledges and I really think I would have had some body damage with those.

The stock rails are tucked under and there isn't nearly as much of a lever. With these rails coming out, there is a lot more torque being applied to the mounting locations.
Incorrect, watch the vids in slow motion... Where does it make contact? It is not "bending", it is flexing along with the body, and there is NO body contact ever. Watch RCI's vids, theirs flex just as much, but no body contact is ever made.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect, watch the vids in slow motion... Where does it make contact? It is not "bending", it is flexing along with the body, and there is NO body contact ever. Watch RCI's vids, theirs flex just as much, but no body contact is ever made.

You can actually see that something has been into the rocker in multiple places on that Bronco
Ford Bronco *Poll* Rock Slider Suggestions? 1681491967475

And if it's going from that much gap (above) to this much gap (below) it's hitting something on the body. The pinch weld, the rocker, somewhere it's making contact.
Ford Bronco *Poll* Rock Slider Suggestions? 1681492107566

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can actually see that something has been into the rocker in multiple places on that Bronco
1681491967475.png

And if it's going from that much gap (above) to this much gap (below) it's hitting something on the body. The pinch weld, the rocker, somewhere it's making contact.
1681492107566.png
Obviously those dents were already there, they abuse the heck out of their truck on the trail and in testing. You would need an extremely sharp flex to do that from the slider, where it would not return to form. Not possible from physics and the entire unit flexing as a solid piece. The whole rocker would be caved in, not a few inches in 2 different spots... You can inquire from @GoatFab further if you like.

2nd pic, it doesn't touch, you must remember your' viewing from a near completely horizontal view, not overhead. Did you watch the 2nd vid?

To each their own, I have no skin in it, but I'm an extremely detail oriented and analytical person and did my research. Up to you to do your own.

Sponsored

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1681491967475.png

1681492107566.png
Sorry but those dents were done before sliders. Those are actually from forks from a hi-lo There are now 100's of sets in the "field" now. Not a single issue with these deflecting or Bending. We have tested extensively.

We are not going to offer something that hasn't been tested. Why would we offer something that bends deflects or breaks. That is not a business plan that will work.

My goal is to offer the strongest slider/step on the market.

We do also offer a weld on to frame version should you think you need it. (90% of people dont) even those that wheel hardest trails and rocks.

Thanks

Adam

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol....sorry....those dents were done before sliders. Those are actually from forks from a hi-lo There are now 100's of sets in the "field" now. Not a single issue with these deflecting or Bending. We have tested extensively.

Thanks

Adam
Ya, I didn't really mean to imply that the rails in the video caused those specific dents, more that the rails weren't doing their job if the damage happened with them on. I got sidetracked and I kinda ran the two points I was trying to make together so that's definitely my fault for the misunderstanding.

So I do still have concerns with the amount of flex I see in that video. It's not your rails that are flexing, it's the sheet metal body where they mount. The factory rails are much shorter and I'd be surprised if Ford factored in adding several more inches of a lever in their engineering of that mounting point (for use with steps yes, more than likely not for bouncing sideways off a tree).

I mean the same could be said for a frame mounted set of rails, but at least the frame is structural and not stamped sheet metal.

I hit a tree so hard with my frame mounted rails a few months back that I was concerned that I bent the frame. I have no doubt in my mind that those body mounting points your rails use would have had permanent deformation, no doubt.

For me it all depends on how much protection you want (and want to pay for). Are these better than the stock rock rails, sure, are they going to suit the needs of a more extreme rock-crawler, probably not (which is why you also sell a weld-on frame mount set).

Ford Bronco *Poll* Rock Slider Suggestions? 1681496548778

Last edited:

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI: I can tell you first hand , these do NOT bend or deflect in any way. I have had the full weight of my Bronco on them and they are good to go . I tested them at trail hero last year, the bottoms are scraped up, but they did their Job.

Look at the way they mount on their web site, they are beefy mounts to the under structure not pinch seam.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...at-sand-hollow-plan-b-and-double-sammy.56112/

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry but those dents were done before sliders. Those are actually from forks from a hi-lo There are now 100's of sets in the "field" now. Not a single issue with these deflecting or Bending. We have tested extensively.

We are not going to offer something that hasn't been tested. Why would we offer something that bends deflects or breaks. That is not a business plan that will work.

My goal is to offer the strongest slider/step on the market.

We do also offer a weld on to frame version should you think you need it. (90% of people dont) even those that wheel hardest trails and rocks.

Thanks

Adam
Thanks @GoatFab - I dropped you a DM this morning with some questions :)

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another for Goat, you can order with top plates like mine. They’re sub-body mounted, but the mounts are stout. They have several vids showing the abuse they can take, as well as several members confirming they can support the truck weight/abuse RL.
Is that top plate welded on, or can you actually take it on and off?
Sponsored