First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the chance to buy a Bronco next week. Currently driving a Raptor, looking for a change until the new Raptor R comes out.

Dealership that called me has a loaded outer banks coming in. Im not caught up to speed when it comes to the different trims, but from what I can tell, Wildrack and Badlands seem to be the two “off-road” specific ones, whereas OB is more luxury and road queen.

Attached is the window sticker. With this OB being a Sasquatch, am I missing out on much compared to the Badlands or Wildtrack? Anything I’ll regret not having? I don’t do a ton of off-roading.

1D078531-1DD8-43B2-9403-D78726C76D05.jpeg
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's got the Sasquatch package. That adds a ton of off-road stuff.

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a really solid build. Badlands, you could've gotten washout floors/mgv. As far as capabilities, you're good to go. depending on price etc., you'd have zero regrets imo.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as off-road stuff goes, you’re just missing skid plates and metal bumpers. Sasquatch package comes with a lift, lockers, and 35’s.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Badlands comes with sway-bar disconnect and washout floors, but obviously not a necessity to off-road.

OP
OP

avelkins

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's a really solid build. Badlands, you could've gotten washout floors/mgv. As far as capabilities, you're good to go. depending on price etc., you'd have zero regrets imo.
They’re wanting $10k over, but I expect that’s normal if I’m walking in without an order.

Sponsored

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re wanting $10k over, but I expect that’s normal if I’m walking in without an order.
yeah. i hate the idea of paying over msrp, but wouldn't blame you one bit. it'd take you 2 years give or take to get that build.

OP
OP

avelkins

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as off-road stuff goes, you’re just missing skid plates and metal bumpers. Sasquatch package comes with a lift, lockers, and 35’s.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the Badlands comes with sway-bar disconnect and washout floors, but obviously not a necessity to off-road.
I believe my build has the skid plates and bumpers, right? Isn’t that what the HD Modular is?

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the chance to buy a Bronco next week. Currently driving a Raptor, looking for a change until the new Raptor R comes out.

Dealership that called me has a loaded outer banks coming in. Im not caught up to speed when it comes to the different trims, but from what I can tell, Wildrack and Badlands seem to be the two “off-road” specific ones, whereas OB is more luxury and road queen.

Attached is the window sticker. With this OB being a Sasquatch, am I missing out on much compared to the Badlands or Wildtrack? Anything I’ll regret not having? I don’t do a ton of off-roading.

Ford Bronco Need your thoughts.. 1D078531-1DD8-43B2-9403-D78726C76D05
Outer Banks has the painted fenders - the best look. Sasquatch has the best wheels/suspension/axles plus front and rear lockers. It has switches, High Package - 12 inch screen/360 camera/ plus, heavy duty modular bumper and skid plates. It is better than a Wildtrack. The Badlands has the front stabilizer disconnect and that is the only thing different. I hear Raptors are awesome so I would not say do it but I would say find a test drive in a Sasquatch Bronco - a Bronco mannequin should be available at one of the dealers.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe my build has the skid plates and bumpers, right? Isn’t that what the HD Modular is?
This build does not have ‘full bash plates”, this only has the “front steel bash plate”. But, you can buy the extra underbody bash/skid plates from Ford and self install.

If it had full it would say this:

Ford Bronco Need your thoughts.. D3278FA1-4187-4950-BF94-4BDD88AC137B

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I missed the HD modular bumper on there so your front bumper should be metal and it essentially comes with a steel air-dam, or bash plate, but it doesn’t have the underbody protection. I do not think a steel rear bumper is included with that option, but I can’t remember for sure.

Essentially with the Sasquatch package and 2.7L, you have a Wildtrak without Baja Mode. Honestly, it’s a super solid Bronco, and if I wasn’t dead set on getting exactly what I want I would pull the trigger on something like this for sure.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty close to my build other then SAS. If you don't mind paying the ADM, go for it. Things probably won't be better for quite a while.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Need your thoughts.. D3278FA1-4187-4950-BF94-4BDD88AC137B
I have had my 4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L for almost 2 months.

My Base and your Outer Banks have ALL THE OFF-ROAD CAPABILITIES OF A WILDTRAK. Besides cosmetics, the only thing about a Wildtrak that's special is that it comes standard with the big engine and the Sasquatch package. That's why I went Base with these options. All I care about are the mechanical capabilities, not cosmetics or interior features which your OBX will have.

Get the Outer Banks! You will have fun with it and it will be way more capable than you'll need or use. It'll hold it's value for the next year, so you can always easily sell it later.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My thoughts are don't do it. I would never pay $10k over for a vehicle. Just like I will never give a scalper a few hundred $ over retail for an Xbox.

You may as well just burn your money cuz it looks cool when it's on fire.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suspect his raptor trade in is bringing a value that is higher than pre-pandemic. Either way, your trade is highly desirable.

maybe you are keeping the raptor as well. Good luck

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MSRP is a just that….”suggested”. If the Bronco is worth 60k to you then buy it. If you are willing to wait and you refuse to pay a markup then pass. It’s your money. I am 100% sure all of these members that hate on people for paying over msrp have spent their money on something frivolous at some point in their life.
Sponsored