Sponsored

NEEDS DIFF CARRIER at 6k miles, Drove Fine.. Never off roaded..???

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my wife's 2022 Bronco SAS in for Parking Brake warning buzzer and dash warning going off. They found it needed a rear caliper and actuator.
During the diag they found a stored code for REAR DIFF LOCK MALFUNCTION. The truck has only 6k miles, has NEVER BEEN OFFROAD, NEVER USE 4h or 4L, never engaged lockers, and drove fine. They said a harness inside the diff came loose and destroyed the harness. I was told needs Differential and Carrier Assembly - Ford (MB3Z-4200-B). I am being told is on back order, doesn't know when it will come in. I asked if they could see if any other dealer might have it, was told they cannot do that.
They said they could try to do a COPIS case if needed.

So I went from a drivable Bronco with a parking brake warning issue to an undrivable Bronco with a Diff lock issue that needs unavailable part.
Which no one can give me any answers and my dealer doesn't seem to interest into finding a solution
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took my wife's 2022 Bronco SAS in for Parking Brake warning buzzer and dash warning going off. They found it needed a rear caliper and actuator.
During the diag they found a stored code for REAR DIFF LOCK MALFUNCTION. The truck has only 6k miles, has NEVER BEEN OFFROAD, NEVER USE 4h or 4L, never engaged lockers, and drove fine. They said a harness inside the diff came loose and destroyed the harness. I was told needs Differential and Carrier Assembly - Ford (MB3Z-4200-B). I am being told is on back order, doesn't know when it will come in. I asked if they could see if any other dealer might have it, was told they cannot do that.

So I went from a drivable Bronco with a parking brake warning issue to an undrivable Bronco with a Diff lock issue that needs unavailable part.
Which no one can give me any answers and my dealer doesn't seem to interest into finding a solution
Curious to know why they won’t see if another dealer has it. That’s a pretty common thing and certainly possible to do. I doubt any other dealer would have it anyway though.

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 22 bronco has been down since 11/14 for a noise in the rear end. I had it for 4 days before I took ot back to the dealer. They diaged it and sent pics to ford. Ford came back say it was assembled wrong. The original plan was to replace the complete rear end but that changed due to parts avalibility. So they opened several copis cases for the parts to repair. Just got word Monday this week that all parts have been located but not yet shipped. I'm looking at if everything goes good another three weeks.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That's BS. They need to check other dealers. Are they providing you a loaner car at least?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford dealers should be checking warehouse and other dealers etc.

I know that I took my Tundra in for a tire replacement and they didn't have it, so they checked the warehouse and then called another dealer and sent a driver over there to pick it up and replace it. No reason Ford can't and shouldn't be doing this. I'd start asking to speak to managers and find out why the service department isn't doing this.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to calm everyone down, I just checked D2D and two dealers show this part just arrived and can almost 100% guarantee they're for units down in their shop and not just normal "stock".

tsielski

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2020 Range Rover Velar SV R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hope this gets sorted for you sooner than later. Have to wonder tho, if this, along with a few other reports of axle issues, both the rear and front differential, have to do with quality, or lack of, coming from Dana, the supplier? Back in the late 90's, Mopar changed axle suppliers for their Dodge, now Ram trucks, and Jeeps, other than the Wrangler, from Dana to American Axle, citing serious quality control issues.
I've no idea if the Wranglers are experiencing axle issues with their Dana front and rear axles, tho it's hard to imagine that only Ford apparently is.

OP
OP
Babyzak

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE

Reached out to another dealer who was great and searched other dealers. Only 2 dealers who showed in stock ..they were order for trucks in shop. Both of these dealers had part on order for about 4 to 6 weeks. So looking hopefully middle of January to get it back..😡

beagletim

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your rear differential issue. I had the same error and waited around 9 weeks for the part to become available. Mine failed in the middle of a trail which was not fun. Thank goodness the front locker worked. Is there a reason why you cannot drive your rig? I was able to continue driving mine but could not engage the rear locker. Everything else worked fine, including 4 wheel drive.

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Speaking from experience here my bronco went in for a noise in the rear diff four days after delivery that was on November 14th. After diag the tech felt it was not safe to be driven. So it's been over a month with out my rig. My dear had to get parts shipped from Canada. They are currently finishing up rear diff rebuild as of Friday hope to have it back sometime this week. So yea it sucks. But you know what they say absinse make the bond stronger or some shit like that. I just want my damn rig back at this point.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sad you need an entire diff for a bad harness.
Sponsored