First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are these actually any good as fog lights? Do they have a decent cutoff? Are they reasonably easy to aim? I understand that they are not SAE rated but I still want to aim them properly and use mostly as street lights (which requires hooking up only one light on each side)
Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just purchased a pair off Buckle Up Off-road (same thing but cheaper than Mabbett) but watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads/reviews. Here is what took away:
- You can wire these to have just one light come on for street legal but you’d need to figure out how. It can be done and pics/videos show it but don’t provide instructions on how.
- You get what you pay for. Water intrusion seemed to be the rare but existing problem. That said you could buy 4 pairs of these for less than the price of some of the big companies in the market. Is the risk worth it? I thought it was.
- Adjustment sounded unnecessary out of the box but can be done easy with finger twist knobs. Not sure how easy it’d be after road grime gets all over it but I think you’d need to adjust once and never again.
- Getting fogs for under $200? I dunno can’t go wrong in my opinion.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just purchased a pair off Buckle Up Off-road (same thing but cheaper than Mabbett) but watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads/reviews. Here is what took away:
- You can wire these to have just one light come on for street legal but you’d need to figure out how. It can be done and pics/videos show it but don’t provide instructions on how.
- You get what you pay for. Water intrusion seemed to be the rare but existing problem. That said you could buy 4 pairs of these for less than the price of some of the big companies in the market. Is the risk worth it? I thought it was.
- Adjustment sounded unnecessary out of the box but can be done easy with finger twist knobs. Not sure how easy it’d be after road grime gets all over it but I think you’d need to adjust once and never again.
- Getting fogs for under $200? I dunno can’t go wrong in my opinion.
Wiring just one light is easy - both lamps on each side have individual connectors. Or you could use both connectors but cut the red wire on one and the yellow wire on the other.

There are Amazon sellers who sell these much cheaper than Mabett, currently under $100 with free shipping and 5% cash back if you have a Prime Visa
https://a.co/d/7akwnfN

Lasfit makes great looking 3" SAE fogs for a similar price but they that should fit in the HD bumper with a generic mounting bracket
https://a.co/d/idTRo0r

There are also the Rough Country 2 inch fogs that should fit in the mod bumper
https://www.roughcountry.com/product/2-inch-led-square-lights-70907
Sponsored

Last edited: