First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on adding the fuel tank skid in the near future.
Why? And what’s the point of the winch, too? That’s a lot of weight to carry around for no reason.
Sponsored

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? And what’s the point of the winch, too? That’s a lot of weight to carry around for no reason.
Well, why do we have 4WD? That's a lot of weight to carry around for no reason. Why not just a rear locker (if that) and call it done. Have your every driven the ALCAN (Alaska Canada Highway)? I have, twice. I've seen a couple driving a Suburban and they hit some road trash and it punctured their fuel tank. It was fixed but the fuel tank had to be flown in and the nearest air strip was 50 miles away. A lot of money, cheaper to have had the fuel tank skid in the first place. The road during the summer months generally doesn't need 4WD, so why bother?

On that same trip I was pulling a flat bed trailer with my WW2 Ford GPW (jeep) on it. The trailer had FIVE flats and I had four spares. Why did I bother with so many spares? Well, in that case, they were cheap insurance. Gas stations were about 50 miles a part. Service stations were you could get a tire fixed might be further. On the way back from Alaska three years later, I had an engine mounted air compressor installed to help with any flats. Of course that time no flats, so I guess I shouldn't have bothered?

The winch, well, it's like insurance, why have that? For the peace of mind and protection. I also carry traction boards, and a shovel. I would carry the sand anchor but I don't want to sacrifice the space on a daily basis.

Well, because I can afford it and I want it. Heck, I had 2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison diesel that was well armored, including the transmission (not by Chevy for some reason). I didn't really NEED all that, but I wanted it.

There is the real answer, because I want to have it.

PXL_20220815_143520013.jpg

20181230113908_IMG_0245(1).JPG

Doubleajaybrock

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know if the white lights can be tapped into the headlights so when the headlamps turn on the fog automatically turn on? I have the black diamond non-sas, modular bumper, low Tech, so no factory fog, wiring or switch.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So a fuse tap to one of the low beam fuses should work?
I did that on my wife's Bronco Sport for a set of lights and it worked fine. I know that's not exactly the same thing as the Bronco... but it has a similar headlight assembly setup, so I think it would work here as well. So long as you don't touch the BCM or Outage lines I think you get your pick of what circuit you want to tap into there.

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also have this same question. Im not exactly sure which on the bronco end is the ground? one end has the brown/green cable and the other end has the yellow/green cable. I think the green is the ground as its the common color? Is that correct?

That way I can match up the ground on the bronco end with the ground on the adapter end (the black wire). The red wire is the white light.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20181230113908_IMG_0245(1).JPG

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper 20181230113908_IMG_0245(1).JPG

@omi205 what connector fits the stock fog light connector? Thanks

Matador

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima, Toyota Supra, palisade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wanted to pick some brains here. I like these lights and have seen where people have wires colors to different aux switches. I have the factory fog switch so would like to wire white to that switch and amber to a aux switch. Is this possible?

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@omi205 what connector fits the stock fog light connector? Thanks
I tried buying the ends with pre wired pig tails but what I ordered ended up not fitting. Search a bit more but could not find the actual name/model. What I ended up doing was putting my own pigtails into the connecter thats already there. So if you pull that cable out, you will see that a "plug" is attached. You can fit your own pigtails into that. That is what I did. Works fine. It's basically the same housing that you would buy your just putting in your own pigtails.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-lights-for-modular-bumper.64998/post-1890294

Last edited:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to pick some brains here. I like these lights and have seen where people have wires colors to different aux switches. I have the factory fog switch so would like to wire white to that switch and amber to a aux switch. Is this possible?
This is exactly what I did. Its 100% possible. If you have the switch then that is one less part. You would still have to wire the lights, like I did so that two wires go into the factory fog cable and another (single wire) runs up to the aux switch. I have the white lights running to the factory fog light switch/button and then the amber lights running up to AUX 3. You will have to complete that wiring and it's a custom harness essentially. I have a pretty detailed (with pictures) how to do that in this thread. You will also have to complete some forscane updates which can be pretty scary (was for me). It's worth it. If you want to avoid the forscan part then just wire straight to the aux switches.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/new-“mabett”-raptor-style-fog-lights-for-modular-bumper.64998/post-1946536

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-lights-for-modular-bumper.64998/post-1904151

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are one in the same.
Well, hell, it's unfortunate that the 21 Offroad ones are out of stock and not available for order.
I was down to buy at the $100 price point haha - couldn't go too wrong for that.
Sponsored