First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang, 02 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One note on the shackles you choose. If they are just for looks go for any you like. When I did the Bronco Roadeo, our instructor warned about shackles not being up to snuff causing more harm in recovery situations. Just make sure it’s got a rated weight handling specification that you can trust has been tested. This is hard to know with off brand names.
Great advice! I don’t live anywhere near trails or anything like that so that isn’t much of a worry for me. Worst case is I forget to air down when going to the OBX 😂
Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One note on the shackles you choose. If they are just for looks go for any you like. When I did the Bronco Roadeo, our instructor warned about shackles not being up to snuff causing more harm in recovery situations. Just make sure it’s got a rated weight handling specification that you can trust has been tested. This is hard to know with off brand names.
Yes, thanks a lot.

Robchavous

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my lights installed this weekend. Pretty straightforward install and wiring up to Aux 5 & 6 was super easy. Overall very happy with these for $200.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230507_173852452
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230507_173914037

Narodez

Wildtrak
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got mine in!!!! I still have to complete Forscan to turn on the fog light switch (for the white light) but the ambers are routed to Aux 3 and I am really liking these. I might run these in amber most of the time. It really goes well with Velocity Blue.

I was extremely hesitant before putting them in. But once I had one side in and took a few steps back...I was in!!! These are allot better than I thought. Truly blown away. I am really big on keeping the OEM look and these do that perfectly. For $200...this is the best mod I have done so far. and to think I was going to sell these (before putting them on) and spend $1k+ on a rigid kit. SO HAPPY I DIDNT.

The hardest part was fishing the harness into place and then cable management so everything was tucked (zip tied) nicely away. I did have to run to Home Depot in the middle of it to grabe a T40 wrench bit. I was able to get one side off with a T40 screwdriver. But the other side (passenger) I could not do by hand and had to use a wrench.

Next project will be bumper lights...not sure if I'll do KC or Rigid, but narrowed it down to them.

The Harness:
This is the final harness that I ended up making. It's a combination of the mabett harness and a part that I made to connect to the fog light cable.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230507_173914037

Before:

After:

How they came out of the box. Was basically spot on. These are balanced lights. I did make a slight adjustment to raise the right side (by the pipes).

Very nice and clean. I upgraded from a plastic bumper w/ Fogs to the modular bumper and also want to hook up the whites to the factory fog light switch and amber to the aux. I assume I won't have to complete a forscan since I already have the factory fog light switch? Any other tips or pointers in making the harness? I saw your previous posts on the wiring, etc. Thanks!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice and clean. I upgraded from a plastic bumper w/ Fogs to the modular bumper and also want to hook up the whites to the factory fog light switch and amber to the aux. I assume I won't have to complete a forscan since I already have the factory fog light switch? Any other tips or pointers in making the harness? I saw your previous posts on the wiring, etc. Thanks!
Thank you sir. If you already have the fogs and the proper switch, then I dont see why forscan would be needed. Kind of a bonus for you, one less step. Regarding the harness: as long you dont make my earlier mistake, and mix up the grounds, then you should be golden. It's honestly a pretty simple install. cable/harness management was the hardest part. I might even go back in and clean it up a bit more now that I have the lights in and realize that I have a bit of excess cable/harness that I am trying to hide. In addition, something that helped me with cleaning up the cables/harness...I got zip tie sticky mounts (the square sticky mounts that you run the zip tie through). I used these within the bumper (near the back of the lights) to stick the cables directly to the back of the inside of the bumper. When the cable/harness started to run up (the driver side front) is where I zip tied to pre-existing places (other cables mounts that Ford put in or fixed mounts under the hood). Hope that helps. Reach out with any questions!!!

Sponsored

NativeTexan

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rookie question: if you hook up the white and ambers to different aux switches (which I would do), what happens if both aux switches are on?

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rookie question: if you hook up the white and ambers to different aux switches (which I would do), what happens if both aux switches are on?
I just had to try using both aux switches, but it just stays with the first color selected.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally figured out the forscan part to get the switch activated. I was able to follow these settings/steps to get it done. Works perfect!!! Amber to AUX3 and white to the factory switch that was installed.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 12.00.34 AM.png

EverGl@des

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Is there still an Amazon discount code to use on these for forum members? I want a set for my everglades

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed these lights last week. They have a nice low, flat, adjustable Fog beam and are not too bright to use on the road.

Very easy install and the kit had plenty of wiring harness to hook up to the AUX switches. I used the #5 and #6 switches. One is for white and one is for Orange, both on is also Orange.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_0787

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI these have a $20 coupon on Amazon right now. 249 before tax.

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Curious as well… Did anyone answer?
I ended up installing them with the RTR and IMO it looks great. There’s a slight gap when viewing from one angle but you really gotta look for it. Haven’t had a chance to wire them yet so hadn’t posted about them. I’ll grab a few pics of them installed later today.
Sponsored