Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi! So mines still in working progress. They installed the lights, got the switch in and the guy installing it has a buddy who works at ford which happens to be across the street from his shop and took it to him to enable forescan. It’s not done yet but it’s been quite challenging. I’ll update tomorrow.
glad it’s getting done, did you get any pictures on how he wired it up? That would be helpful to confirm what a few of us have been trying. In terms of the programming, I have the dual switch installed, both rear and front fogs enabled and confirmed buttons work and light up the dashboard indicator, but when I took a meter to check voltage I was getting no power at the front factory fog harness, so I just hooked aux 5/6 up for now.

Waiting to see what comes of your install as well as a few others here.
Sponsored

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

glad it’s getting done, did you get any pictures on how he wired it up? That would be helpful to confirm what a few of us have been trying. In terms of the programming, I have the dual switch installed, both rear and front fogs enabled and confirmed buttons work and light up the dashboard indicator, but when I took a meter to check voltage I was getting no power at the front factory fog harness, so I just hooked aux 5/6 up for now.

Waiting to see what comes of your install as well as a few others here.
I had to leave the vehicle there yesterday they had it all day. I thought i was going to get it tonight but it’s in Fords hands now. I’ll try to get as much info as i can from this setup. I honestly don’t know which switch they used (i bought both)

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically in most (all?) states you can only use 2 fog lights total on the street. So, if you wire these to run all 4 lights at once you "might" get a ticket or fail an inspection. The factory Raptor lights are wired to run 2 lights off the fog switch and 2 lights off an AUX switch.

Running all 4 lights off the factory fog harness/switch is okay. The factory wiring is only 20 gauge but these Mabett lights combined only draw 3.67 amps, which is under the limit for 20 gauge wiring.

Just don't go replacing these lights with a higher output set later on without checking the amp draw on the new set.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on wiring for people using the factory harness:

The connectors I got from Ballenger Motorsports did not work. These were part nos. 86056, pigtail to EV6/EV14 injector connection. This connector looks a lot like the factory connector but it has a different depth/design and will not properly connect/lock to the factory female connector.

BUT, the correct male connector is already on the end of the harness. It is there as a "seal/cap" to the unused female connector. I removed the male connectors, pulled out the little green seals from the ends, "depinned" the pigtails from the Ballenger connectors to reuse those (and throw away the connector housings), and inserted those pigtails into the factory male connectors. Viola.

In case you are wondering, the factory connectors are actually: Female - Molex No. 340620033, an MX150 connector. Male - Molex No. 346750001, an MX150 connector. How do I know this? Because 34062 0033 is printed on the factory female connector. It amazes me how many people have posted in various fog light threads about the factory connectors without reading part numbers :-(

If you don't know how to depin a connector, there are youtube videos. To use the factory male connectors, you first need to pull up (not all the way out) the white cross that is inside the connector with a pair of needle nose pliers. Then you can insert both pigtails and push the white cross back down to lock them in place.

Here is a photo of the factory Molex male connector (left) versus the EV6/EV14 that I got from Ballenger, CONN-86056 (right).

1681593502814.jpeg

Here are the finished harnesses.
1681593581435.jpeg

On the Dorman connectors, I'm using #1 (black to ground) and #2 (red to the yellow light wire). #3 (black to the red light wire) is not connected to anything - the wire is sitting inside the harness in case I want to connect it an AUX switch later.

If you are careful when you detach the factory Molex connector from the frame, you will be able to reattach it when you are done. The female portion of the connector has a groove that slides onto a plastic clip on the frame. There's not much room in there, so it's difficult to do. 9 times out of 10 you will get the top part of the clip into the groove but the not the bottom part and think it might be attached. When it's fully clipped in you should feel it click.

Last tip: Mag Daddy magnetic zip tie mounts for tying up a harness any place there's not a hole to put a zip tie. Expensive but handy. I used one on each side above the fog lights, on the frame/bumper. I was able to find other places to tie up the rest of the harness.

1681600907267.jpeg

1681600981714.jpeg

1681601034470.jpeg
Thanks for posting this. I actually purchased the other connectors like you did and was about to start the process but caught this. Much Appreciated. But now the problem is how did you convert the raw wire into the internal pins that will go into the male housing? Did you buy pins from amazon? Tried looking for pre built pigtails but dont seem to exist.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this. I actually purchased the other connectors like you did and was about to start the process but caught this. Much Appreciated. But now the problem is how did you convert the raw wire into the internal pins that will go into the male housing? Did you buy pins from amazon? Tried looking for pre built pigtails but dont seem to exist.
I removed the pins from the Ballenger Motorsports male connectors -- the pins and wire pigtails. I then inserted them into the factory Molex male connectors.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed the pins from the Ballenger Motorsports male connectors -- the pins and wire pigtails. I then inserted them into the factory Molex male connectors.
Much appreciated. Ill try and replicate this!!!

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much appreciated. Ill try and replicate this!!!
I think you've got to get the red plastic cross pulled up first -- I just broke off a side of the Ballenger connector to get access to it, but you could probably pull it out with small pliers -- and then use a tiny screwdriver to release the internal clip holding the pin while pulling the pin out.

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys… for those wanting to purchase, see the message and discount From Mabett below:

Mabett Raptor Style Fog Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

The best solution to make your Ford Bronco stand out! Our custom Integrated LED Housing easily mount to the Bronco frame using 4 factory bolts, features plug and play wiring connections and is designed to easily attach to your Bronco's upfitter switches and/or factory fog light controls.

Our Lights are waterproof, shock resistant, and This kit gives you everything you need to mount the lights for a clean, from-the-factory look

Buy through the promotional link provided by Mabett and enjoy a 32% discount!

Raptor Style Fog Lights with Remote Wiring Harness Kit: https://www.amazon.com/promocode/A259RZKK2L4TBB

Raptor Style Fog Lights without Remote Wiring Harness Kit: https://www.amazon.com/promocode/A2C6SGM7YAFXI0

Product Description:

• Fits 21+ Bronco Modular Steel Bumper

• Integrated LED Housing & Wiring Kit

• Wattage/Amps: 12W / .9A

• Easy installation using existing bumper bolts

• No drilling or modification necessary

UPS has delivered to Amazon warehouses, Amazon is transferring these stocks, although people can already search for them on Amazon and can buy them, but they can't be shipped immediately, I think this should be called "pre-sale" , you can click on the links of these products to see the estimated delivery time displayed on the page, I hope it helps you

Only a few dozen sets are currently in stock, if you missed it please let me know you need it! This will give me the confidence to produce more stock!

If you've already purchased don't worry I can refund the difference please PM me, but I get a lot of messages every day, so the reply will be slow, even days
Looks good! I'll order tonight.

Gary

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys… for those wanting to purchase, see the message and discount From Mabett below:

Mabett Raptor Style Fog Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

The best solution to make your Ford Bronco stand out! Our custom Integrated LED Housing easily mount to the Bronco frame using 4 factory bolts, features plug and play wiring connections and is designed to easily attach to your Bronco's upfitter switches and/or factory fog light controls.

Our Lights are waterproof, shock resistant, and This kit gives you everything you need to mount the lights for a clean, from-the-factory look

Buy through the promotional link provided by Mabett and enjoy a 32% discount!

Raptor Style Fog Lights with Remote Wiring Harness Kit: https://www.amazon.com/promocode/A259RZKK2L4TBB

Raptor Style Fog Lights without Remote Wiring Harness Kit: https://www.amazon.com/promocode/A2C6SGM7YAFXI0

Product Description:

• Fits 21+ Bronco Modular Steel Bumper

• Integrated LED Housing & Wiring Kit

• Wattage/Amps: 12W / .9A

• Easy installation using existing bumper bolts

• No drilling or modification necessary

UPS has delivered to Amazon warehouses, Amazon is transferring these stocks, although people can already search for them on Amazon and can buy them, but they can't be shipped immediately, I think this should be called "pre-sale" , you can click on the links of these products to see the estimated delivery time displayed on the page, I hope it helps you

Only a few dozen sets are currently in stock, if you missed it please let me know you need it! This will give me the confidence to produce more stock!

If you've already purchased don't worry I can refund the difference please PM me, but I get a lot of messages every day, so the reply will be slow, even days
Is the discount still available?

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So regarding the factory switch option. The only way you can run the fog lights through the switch the headlights/parking lights need to be on in order to work. I didn’t have auxiliary lights installed unfortunately when built so that option is out. Right now i have the fog lights set up with the remote and it turns them on with or without headlights running in amber or white. So i have to decide whether to just use the remote that came with the lights and use them with or without headlights on OR just run just white or amber through the factory switch with forescan but only can turn them on when headlights/parking lights are running. Ughh decisions. What would you do?
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper D260759A-6E8E-4CB6-AC8F-84DD7345A97F
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper CAED6468-BA9F-4087-91F3-02EC9109FC20

AAADAC79-030B-4A79-AF8D-684777D5F8AA.jpeg

Last edited:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will these fog lights fit my standard bumper?
These will only fit the mod bumper. The one that has no fog lights. Its all steel. Not sure how else to explain it. This bumper…if you dont have this bumper then dont buy these as they wont fit.

IMG_6562.jpeg

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So regarding the factory switch option. The only way you can run the fog lights through the switch the headlights/parking lights need to be on in order to work. I didn’t have auxiliary lights installed unfortunately when built so that option is out. Right now i have the fog lights set up with the remote and it turns them on with or without headlights running in amber or white. So i have to decide whether to just use the remote that came with the lights and use them with or without headlights on OR just run just white or amber through the factory switch with forescan but only can turn them on when headlights/parking lights are running. Ughh decisions. What would you do?
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_6562

Are you saying you don’t have Auxiliary switches at all?

also not sure if you saw there is an option to run the fogs with DRL in forscan. The switch works for me.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_0263
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper IMG_0262

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you saying you don’t have Auxiliary switches at all?

also not sure if you saw there is an option to run the fogs with DRL in forscan. The switch works for me.

Do you run both colors with the switch? I believe i would only have one color to choose if i want to use the ford switch and Forescan
Sponsored