Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14
damn, that's messed up man.
Sponsored

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be shocked if they actually had a system developed prior to it's need of tracking an entire MONTH of assembly-line production which gets sent outside of normal production parameters.

Speaking dispassionately, we're talking about 2% of vehicle produced (strong assumption that all 53,000 cars on Ice Mountain are Broncos). Their assembly line model is focused and scaled to build upwards of 3,000,000 cars a year (1,905,955 during 2021, 2.4 million in 2019), that there is an incredibly small number of vehicles which get pushed out to "get some random employees off the line and out into free thinking territory" and it goes sidways sounds just about exactly what it should sound like.

Nothing about assembly line production is grabbing some random employees and doing ad-hoc work via bouncing in/out of the parts room and randomly taking things off the shelf without internal controls over materials and quality of labor.

So much so that there's a song about it!

See, I understand what you are saying, counterpoint, the $50B+ company SHOULD be able to communicate effectively with their customers. The issue is that the end user is normally nor Ford's customer, the dealers are.

Now, when I have a customer order a product, I give an estimate. If I am going to miss that estimate, I figure out why I am missing it, and I communicate that to the customer. Maybe it's a shipping issue, maybe a factory missed it's ex-fac. But I can find out, within 24 hours, what a resolution is and get that to the customer. If I have a product that ten customers need, and I get 5, those 5 get routed to the customers who have waited the longest and the other 5 get updated. You can't tell me that Ford doesn't know where millions of dollars of unsold merchandise is to the point they can't fulfill on first in/first out basis.

I have a $10m company with 30 people and I can manage that. Ford has the capability of figuring it out, but it is my firm belief they don't understand how to work with end users expectations. Customer service and management is key, and that's what pisses me off the most.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looked and saw our two Jan builds on chip hold got pushed to mid-late July also. So how can we build new broncos that have said module but not finish the ones built 4 months ago?

Oh, and what about the f'n bailment? Ship me the customers f'n bronco and let us finish the damn thing!

OP
OP
Wvwaiting

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do understand all of the constraints....I just build man. I have had customers walk away because of material shortages I had no control over, lumber, building materials etc...The key for at least me was communication. I reached out when there was a problem, I acknowledged the customers frustration. I worked harder to improve customer service and satisfaction. Because at the end of the day it is those customers and their satisfaction that would drive my success or failure. I may be just a carpenter....but I do understand customer satisfaction and basic FIFO.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See, I understand what you are saying, counterpoint, the $50B+ company SHOULD be able to communicate effectively with their customers. The issue is that the end user is normally nor Ford's customer, the dealers are.

Now, when I have a customer order a product, I give an estimate. If I am going to miss that estimate, I figure out why I am missing it, and I communicate that to the customer. Maybe it's a shipping issue, maybe a factory missed it's ex-fac. But I can find out, within 24 hours, what a resolution is and get that to the customer. If I have a product that ten customers need, and I get 5, those 5 get routed to the customers who have waited the longest and the other 5 get updated. You can't tell me that Ford doesn't know where millions of dollars of unsold merchandise is to the point they can't fulfill on first in/first out basis.

I have a $10m company with 30 people and I can manage that. Ford has the capability of figuring it out, but it is my firm belief they don't understand how to work with end users expectations. Customer service and management is key, and that's what pisses me off the most.
You're 100% right, they can't communicate directly with their customer (and 100% correct, their customer is the dealership). Your company has that desire to work with the customer regardless of the fact it no doubt costs you money and reduces efficiency.

Ford spent millions and have made tools which interface between dealership, end-user, ordering and tracking a product along the way. Something that was unheard of 10 years ago! Still not good enough, and nothing ever will be. I expect to be "communicated with directly by Ford" the same way I expect to be "communicated with directly by the IRS", which is to say: Very poorly. It's just not what they do and that's okay, they should put their resources into manufacturing efficiency. (off topic: I bet a whole fleet of 6-sigma dickheads are going to consult with Ford after supply chain issues die down on how to avoid repeats of these issues going forward)

Won't even hazard a guess at how the beurocratic and adversarial relationship with the unions impacts any movement towards end-user communications.

They "could" work on figuring something out, but their evolution has led them to the decision it's no longer worth trying to interface directly with the end user. After all, trying to manage the expectations of 1.9 million Americans would be about as successful as going to your local humane society and putting together a troupe of trained feline aquatic performers.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do understand all of the constraints....I just build man. I have had customers walk away because of material shortages I had no control over, lumber, building materials etc...The key for at least me was communication. I reached out when there was a problem, I acknowledged the customers frustration. I worked harder to improve customer service and satisfaction. Because at the end of the day it is those customers and their satisfaction that would drive my success or failure. I may be just a carpenter....but I do understand customer satisfaction and basic FIFO.
LIFO has significant tax savings in certain industries. I don't work with auto manufacturing and don't care to learn enough about their tax situation to know if FIFO or LIFO are advantageous for them. I would imagine FIFO because that's how they get floorplan income from the dealerships (in normal times).

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember the price protection clause put in March…. If you order in 2022 and you take delivery in 22’ you should have price protection.. anyone thinking if they send em in 23 they can tack on 2000 more a piece…????….???? FMe…

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just checked on mine and the eta was also pushed to July 30...... ugh...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wvwaiting

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LIFO has significant tax savings in certain industries. I don't work with auto manufacturing and don't care to learn enough about their tax situation to know if FIFO or LIFO are advantageous for them. I would imagine FIFO because that's how they get floorplan income from the dealerships (in normal times).
Tax advantages for multi billion dollar companies are WAY above my pay grade. It is the failure of basic communication that is the most infuriating in this situation. Sh#t....if I can forecast how many shower stalls & 2x4s I will be be able to procure and the constraints for say kitchen cabinetry and COMMUNICATE that with the customer, why can't a company backed with a communications department do the same?

OP
OP
Wvwaiting

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other thing that is so infuriating....most of us that ordered the bronco are invested! We are invested in the truck itself! We LOVE the Bronco! Watched the release, ordered ASAP, maybe even have emotional attachment...how many of us are loyal @Ford? To be thrown to the side? Myself, my husband, my sons....hell we have 5 in the driveway now. Will we or others ever trust @Ford again????

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(off topic: I bet a whole fleet of 6-sigma dickheads are going to consult with Ford after supply chain issues die down on how to avoid repeats of these issues going forward)
After? Shoooooootttt... they're already there. Charging $1,000,000 per 3-week engagement. The really fun game to play is:
- Is it McKinsey
- Is it Bain
- Is it BCG

Which one of the consultancies is it? Now that's a fun game. :geek:

Anyhow, on topic, I am sorry to all affected. I don't have a Bronco even in production if that is any consolation but I've mind-built the thing about 3 times now.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This original post was a 60 day push out. It then turned into FIFO/FILO.....then communication.
I'm not lost yet......60 day push sucks. If they communicate as to why, there is a very threatening risk of plummeting stocks. FIFO at a point after your build leaves the assembly line and gets parked is laughable at best. If you understand the quantities coming out of the plant, the skill set involved in installing missing chips and the cost of idling said assembly line, you probably would not want FIFO. Sure, you could pay OT to individuals who aren't trained to install chips but would that be ideal for Ford or the end user?

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread has gone the way of most "hold" threads.

• Someone pissed about being pushed.
  • Someone states they don't know manufacturing processes and big business. Pissing match ensues.
  • Someone states they ordered a Bronco and received it in a nanosecond, so it can't possible be real that this happens.
  • Someone states complainers are whiny entitled biotches.
  • Someone mentions being a day 1er and still waiting.
  • Someone summarizes the thread.
Sponsored