First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like it and wont go back. Shifts are solid and i can have big cups in the cup holder while resting my arm on the armrest.
Same. Based on your recommendation and some thinking I installed one last Sunday. After a week of breaking it in and getting used to the different feel I enjoy it much more than the stock shifter.

Also, for anyone interested: I used some 3M red scuff pads and a bit of elbow grease on the glossy anodized finish of the shifter to dull it down. It matches the rest to of the interior much better now.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same. Based on your recommendation and some thinking I installed one last Sunday. After a week of breaking it in and getting used to the different feel I enjoy it much more than the stock shifter.

Also, for anyone interested: I used some 3M red scuff pads and a bit of elbow grease on the glossy anodized finish of the shifter to dull it down. It matches the rest to of the interior much better now.
Have a picture of your scuffed parts that you can share?

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great!
Did you consider or try the shift know that it came with?
I didn't. It feels fine for what I felt of it (i.e., hard plastic); I just threw on the old stock knob. I'm actually looking at a weighted knob from Twisted Shifterz, but I haven't decided the style or direction I'm going on that one.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't. It feels fine for what I felt of it (i.e., hard plastic); I just threw on the old stock knob. I'm actually looking at a weighted knob from Twisted Shifterz, but I haven't decided the style or direction I'm going on that one.
Interesting but either way your set up looks awesome.

Sponsored

FRM

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 22 Bronco Base , 19 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed mine this weekend. WOW what a difference! I've never owned a short shifter before and it takes a bit of getting used to. But I absolutely love it!

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How are the install instructions? Anybody know of a video how-to? Been thinking of getting this thing , wanted to preview what I'm getting myself into.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed mine, w/boomba knob. Miller light longneck added for context (and refreshment)

20230519_180834.jpg

20230519_180901.jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are the install instructions? Anybody know of a video how-to? Been thinking of getting this thing , wanted to preview what I'm getting myself into.
I found them to be very good. Follow each step to the letter and you will be fine. Read through them before you start then when you are looking at the actual piece it will make more sense. Only somewhat challenging part is removing the clip that holds the horizontal cross pin, and freeing said crosspin from the little white bushing on the passenger side. The instructions are clear you gotta be careful not to break the white bushing, but they could mention that the retaining clip doesn't need to be reused, and once removed the pin can be pushed out w/out disturbing the bushing at all. Reading ahead made it all make sense to me

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just installed mine, w/boomba knob. Miller light longneck added for context (and refreshment)

Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter 20230519_180901

Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter 20230519_180901
What was the approximate time for install? Mine arrives this evening and it doesn't look too crazy in the instructions. I plan on budgeting a leisurely 2hrs taking my time.
Sponsored