Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After driving home last night, I now get the decision and will wait for some comparo reviews

also still cant get my boomba knob off, feels like it was gorilla glued on
I had the same problem, I just used a long steady pull, it will come off.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This B&M Precision SportShifter for the modern Bronco platform with the 2.3-liter Engine and 7-Speed manual transmission includes a 303 stainless steel stick with an anodized aluminum pivot. Our design reduces the throw by a massive 40% over the factory shifter and provides a shorter more positive feel when shifting gears. To help accomplish this, we increased the stick height by almost 3-inches to create a much more ergonomic shifter position. The factory shifter sits lower than the center console, but ours sits in line with it so you can rest your arm on the console and shift more comfortably. The factory leather shift boot is also retained and attaches to the new black anodized aluminum lockout slider to smoothly and easily actuate reverse. The included black round shift knob shows the shift pattern on top and B&M logos on the sides, both filled in white to tastefully compliment the interior of the Bronco. Also, this shifter has 100% compatibility with the factory knob, so if you want to retain your leather-wrapped knob instead of the B&M knob, you can do so. Finally, the SportShifter attaches directly to the OEM shift cable and includes installation instructions and all hardware necessary for an easy at-home installation.

Features:
  • 303 Stainless Steel Stick and Anodized Aluminum Pivot
  • Reduces Factory Shift Throw by 40 Percent
  • Custom Black Shift Knob with White Accents
  • Improves the Shift Feel over OEM
  • Over 65 Years of B&M Quality
  • Lifetime Limited Warranty
  • Easy Installation
Learn more here: https://www.holley.com/products/dri..._shifters/precision_sportshifter/parts/45209/

752efb47e2734142671e1a402762ce0d84d606a8.jpg

6a51bf627a098d04a57833bc79ec82db834e1648.jpg

e5bcc39cc1d378d8a3c1df55ba4f54b367550da0.jpg

dad24daa129b000f82857823f164a50a74f7e090.jpg

eb53a7946281779a4fb6e7b079ddcfcec943d524.jpg

344c44512afaf54440be6dfbfac9ca2d67cbb3a1.jpg

30ae869f60ac3183353895dd8a3961526b7fd4c1.jpg

7cea424c28ef0ff4fba254eaaf346eaefe11aa75.jpg

81ca50124f82949e603bb609bc0ee067921f19e8.jpg
@CyberOrangeBronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Couple of quick questions:

1. How easy/hard is it to install and uninstall?
  2. If you install it and show up at the dealership for the grinding manual trans noise will the shifter void your warranty? Or does the type of shifter have no affect on the trans making grinding noises?
  3. Any way to take of the B&M logo on the shifter? I mean, the only person driving the Bronco would be the owner, and you already know it's a B&M shifter.
1. Install instructions are on their site, I've never switched out a shifter but I could follow.
2. Don't know
3. You don't have to use their knob, can use stock or another aftermarket one.

I'm looking forward to Archetype's shifter when it finally hits the market.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
....to tastefully compliment the interior of the Bronco.
I believe the word you're looking for is contrast not compliment. There isn't a spec of high-gloss black or white paint on any trim of the Bronco as far as I know.

I would be very interested in this if it had a matt finish. Right now it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sponsored

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...I just installed this shifter. First impressions are that it feels like the barton shifter in my mustang. Substantially shorter throws and notchy. The height is about an inch higher than the armrest which helps shifting when I have large cups in the way. The stock shifter is made with plastic materials and has felt like it would break it if I ever shifted hard. The b&m is all metal and feels stable and secure. Other than that, it is comfortable to me has a heavy duty feel which is what I want in a short throw shifter.
Attached is the length difference between the two. I placed them exactly where they each mount to the housing.

20230226_203921.jpg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So...I just installed this shifter. First impressions are that it feels like the barton shifter in my mustang. Substantially shorter throws and notchy. The height is about an inch higher than the armrest which helps shifting when I have large cups in the way. The stock shifter is made with plastic materials and has felt like it would break it if I ever shifted hard. The b&m is all metal and feels stable and secure. Other than that, it is comfortable to me has a heavy duty feel which is what I want in a short throw shifter.
Attached is the length difference between the two. I placed them exactly where they each mount to the housing.

Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter 20230226_203921
So do you have the transmission rattle and did this help?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter 20230226_203921
How did the install go?

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did the install go?
It was pretty straight forward. You'll definetly need some good pry tools. I've installed about 15 shifters in various cars and this one was more complicated due to being cables. But if you have the tools and confidence, its not bad.

Sponsored

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you reduce that throw any more then there is no throw at all!

also, looks like a dildo sticking out of the shift boot

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe the word you're looking for is contrast not compliment. There isn't a spec of high-gloss black or white paint on any trim of the Bronco as far as I know.

I would be very interested in this if it had a matt finish. Right now it sticks out like a sore thumb.
What you tryin to say? My entire bronco is shiny and black. 🫠

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What you tryin to say? My entire bronco is shiny and black. 🫠
Says you can keep the oem Knob instead of theirs. That's what I would do. Agree the knob is ugly.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco NEW: B&M Precision Manual Sportshifter Screenshot_20230227_173945_Chrome
After a week or so please update us on whatcha think about it
Sponsored