kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also want to like this.........but feel that is too much shaft increase (height increase)
Looking forward to a review with video / feedback on the updated height
This thread will devolve into the world of 12 year old humour vey quickly
Sponsored

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That's freaking nice, I want it!

I need to wait until the trans noise issue is resolved though, I don't need them claiming an aftermarket shifter caused it.
I will buy one unless Steeda comes out with one before my Bronco gets here. Any Mustang guy knows the Tri-Ax shifter is a must have and Steeda did just join us.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess we come full circle now. used to be short shifter was the the thing haha. now going for long shaft

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't wait to see reviews on this one. I think id prefer the higher height as opposed to a shorter shifter since it's not a muscle car

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of the short shifters in cars also have tall shift knobs, so it’s not like it’s a random design.

You can correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume its taller because short shifters are mostly used in racing related stuff. So the taller shifter decreases the distance from the wheel to the shifter which probably matters in racing (shorter distance -> faster shifts).

But, it looks like you can use the original shifter with this if you really wanted a short shifter, so you can probably replace the shift knob with something else as well and it will still work (not sure how weight shifted knobs effect short shifters though).

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Boomba knob. Its a nice weighted solid feel, but the raised height I just can’t get used to it even after a few months. I also purchased the short shift kit, but it requires permanently altering the existing mechanism which I am not thrilled about.

I’d love a lower, shorter, solid, weighted shifter, but it unfortunately does not look like this ticks all the boxes.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought it said one of the reasons for going taller was so you could rest your arm on the armrest. Coupled with a shorter throw, what's not to like?

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it, matches the shadow black well. I do know my arm comes off the console when shifting so maybe this is a more natural height to the console.

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is fantastic! Shorter throws with a stick that doesn’t cause my arm to slam into the center console!

people. Short throw is not the same as short stick. Granted that is how most after market shifters get a shorter throw. I’m happy they went the extra mile to reduce the throws and make the shifter taller than the console.

think of it this way. With a taller stick it is closer to the steering wheel. Also advantageous and you get it without a silly Honda style shifter in the dash set up. And you still get shorter throws.

my only concern would be if the taller shifter impedes radio and hvac control access.

I will either get one of these or remove my consol lid come spring. I’m afraid to take apart interior parts on cold winter days.
Sponsored