First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How easily does emblem come off? What is best method?
Listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1026555220/bronco-rear-emblem-in-gloss-flat-black

I purchased the gloss/flat black Ford emblems and removed the blue Ford emblem oval from my Bronco and installed the rear gloss/flat black emblem. Emblem looks great on my carbonized gray metallic Bronco. I recommend this emblem; it’s very well made and with care, anyone can remove the OEM emblem with 3M adhesive removal, a hair dryer (I used) or heat gun to loosen the adhesive and very careful lifting and prodding using a plastic removal tool for automobiles. Take your time and work slowly. Outside temperature should be at least 70 degrees to do this. Looks great!
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the Subaru one will fit.

Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available 1698763679178

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone wants to sell their original blue emblem let me know, I'd like a spare to try taking apart to color-match before I ruin mine.

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How easily does emblem come off? What is best method?
Anyone can remove the OEM emblem with 3M adhesive removal or alcohol (91% rubbing alcohol) to soften the original adhesive. Then use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen it and very careful lifting and prodding using a plastic removal tool for automobiles. There are two (2) plastic insert tabs on the right and left side of the OEM emblem. Using a plastic removal tool, press down from the top of emblem to depress the clip and carefully prod it up and off on each side. After installing the blackened emblem, use the hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the adhesive on the back of the emblem and press it to the sheet metal. Looks great! Outside temperature needs to be 70 degrees or above to do this.

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are also clips that will most certainly break.
Anyone can remove the OEM emblem with 3M adhesive removal or alcohol (91% rubbing alcohol) to soften the original adhesive. Then use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen it and very careful lifting and prodding using a plastic removal tool for automobiles. There are two (2) plastic insert tabs on the right and left side of the OEM emblem. Using a plastic removal tool, press down from the top of emblem to depress the clip and carefully prod it up and off on each side. After installing the blackened emblem, use the hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the adhesive on the back of the emblem and press it to the sheet metal. Looks great! Outside temperature needs to be 70 degrees or above to do this.

Sponsored

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are also clips that will most certainly break.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine arrived already.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine showed up yesterday. Now I know why shipping was $10 :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available IMG_7734

Did everyone’s ship in a huge box?
When I ordered the black Bronco for the rear, I think it just came in a bubble envelope.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just installed mine along with the black Wildtrak emblem I’ve had sitting around. My eyes may be playing a trick on me but I almost feel like the emblem is actually super deep dark blue. The “smoke” parts also seem to have just a slight tint of bronze to it. Almost like a bronze stainless steel look. I like it just a little different than what I was expecting.
Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available IMG_0168

Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available IMG_0167

Last edited:

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available IMG_7667

When I ordered the black Bronco for the rear, I think it just came in a bubble envelope.
yeah, seems like they could improve their shipping.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Black/Smoked Chrome Rear Ford Oval Emblem (OEM) Available IMG_7667

Mine was in the same box. Crazy.
Sponsored