First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! I seriously hope this is true. Around the clock a bit over exaggerated? Like 24-7? :unsure:
They probably have three shifts and when they have the parts everyone works.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are being brought to this building (Roush) and are being completed literally as fast as possible. There is private security watching the lot (it's also less than a mile from the police department), which has techs working around the clock to finish vehicles. I work in product development (not the Bronco, sadly), and I've heard that getting these trucks done by the 3/31 deadline is absolutely the first priority. This lot is also right next to I-94, down the road from I-75 by about 4 miles, and about 5 miles from Ford's rail depot for Dearborn Truck.

They're pushing to get these trucks done, and as far as I can tell, they are busting ass to get them out. The whole situation sucks, but they're really trying to make it right. Please be patient. I'm waiting in line, too.
Thanks for the info. Thatā€™s encouraging. One minor point of contentionā€¦ā€¦.the line is the first priority. They are being built and shipped off the line within a week. Those must be the MY21 priority ships weā€™ve been hearing about in the letter. Hopefully they continue with that same sense of urgency for the rest of the hold lots. But, none the less, that is the best news weā€™ve had in a while. Thanks for taking the time to update us. And we hope your reward for that good deed is your Bronco in your driveway soon.

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dirt/Ice/Mud mountain must be full as I rolled by a Ford parking lot in Allen Park, it was loaded with Broncos. Many were being unload from car haulers and filling several parking lots. Didnā€™t count them, but would guess hundreds, they were all over some mixed in with other personal vehicles. Anywhere there was a space they were putting a Bronco.

I wonder how many of these are getting door dings?!!!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh wow thatā€™s brutal, 83 days? How did you make it this far without dying? I donā€™t think anyone hereā€™s waited as long as you have.
I waited that long just to get from the train to the truck. ;)

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A friend of mine who worked for a large commuter railroad told me once that if a train is late for whatever reason the thousand or so passengers on it are already angry and to take another train and reroute or delay it to help the original train would then create a ripple effect and affect thousands more. The original thousand are a write off because they canā€™t get much angrier. The machine keeps trucking on to make the masses happy. In this scenario no soldier left behind doesnā€™t apply we are simply at their mercy.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhhh, why did I sign a bailment agreement if they're going to sit on a lot in Michigan? May as well sit on my lot so we can get them to the customer sooner.

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the ratio of Outer Banks to all other models produced like 10:1?

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bear in mind, my post is an observation (as a consumer and Ford customer, eagerly awaiting my Bronco) based upon things I've heard and seen with my own eyes. I AM NOT POSTING IN ANY SORT OF OFFICIAL MEANS or on behalf of "the company".

Thank you! This may be the most substantial post Iā€™ve read in ages, and certainly more information than anyone @Ford Motor Company has provided. It does give a little bit of hope that these things will start moving soon.
If they were to spend the time to track, update, and post about every single change in status, they would have to hire thousands of people to do so. There's a fine line between transparency and over-informative and I think we (the customers) are WAY too involved in the process now. I've ordered vehicles before and been told "we'll call you when it comes in". Before the age of forum boards and tracking websites, I was reliant upon my dealership to tell me when my vehicle was there, and didn't really raise a stink otherwise. Sure, they didn't have any parts shortages, but I also was blissfully unaware that some guy in California who ordered 3 weeks after I did got his car first.

I drive by there every day, they are moving quite a few through that lotā€¦. It will be full one day the almost empty the next
^This guy is right, ya know. I go past that facility on my way in, my way home, and sometimes to get lunch. It's a constant stream of car haulers and semi-trucks, both inbound and outbound.

This is great info. Thanks. Just to clarify when you ā€œthey are being broughtā€ you mean ice mountain chip hold broncos or just the ones in this lot in the subject here??
Sorry, I don't have any idea where they are coming from. I can only speculate based on how many car haulers I see, versus how full/empty the other holding lots are. I can tell you that of the incredibly small sample I saw next to me at a stop light, (4 Broncos on a trailer), they were all MLxxxxxxx VINS, so 2021 model year.

Wow! I seriously hope this is true. Around the clock a bit over exaggerated? Like 24-7? :unsure:
I've worked some of what they've called "rework" in the past, where incomplete vehicles are held and then completed/shipped en mass. Around the clock is not an exaggeration. They have big portable light towers (think of construction zone lighting) all around the lot so they can work outside at night. Sometimes, it's a simple 5 minute software reflash or a quick 3 screws and a connector module. Other times, it's more intense.

Thanks for the info. Thatā€™s encouraging. One minor point of contentionā€¦ā€¦.the line is the first priority. They are being built and shipped off the line within a week. Those must be the MY21 priority ships weā€™ve been hearing about in the letter. Hopefully they continue with that same sense of urgency for the rest of the hold lots. But, none the less, that is the best news weā€™ve had in a while. Thanks for taking the time to update us. And we hope your reward for that good deed is your Bronco in your driveway soon.
That's typically the case, in that the line is prioritized for same model year production. However (and again, this is opinion/ speculation), these 2021 model year vehicles are costing the company money, sitting on the lot. I once heard that the company has to pay tax for all of the unsold/undelivered units on a quarterly basis. That lines up with the March 31st deadline as the end of business Q1 2022, so it makes sense to me.

Unfortunately, I don't see the 2022 holds going the same. I think they're going to prioritize 2021 model years until they're gone, then 2022 normal production, and finally the 2022 stragglers. Hopefully closing the order bank earlier than normal will help with getting more 2022s to customers, rather than "balance out" status and converting to 2023 model year.

For what it's worth, a coworker ordered a 22 4dr 2.7 Badlands SAS, MIC, Lux, with towing. He ordered on 3/7/22 and was built yesterday with a scheduled delivery date of next week. I told him he can sit on a cactus.

GPBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Flex, 2015 FX4 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They can't all be MY 21 as there is an Eruption Green in the first of the video.

Sponsored

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

outside of SE Michigan, this is the scene everywhere. There are many thousands of GM pick ups around the Flint area. EVERYWHERE
Bro, my BUILD WEEK was 12/6/2021 and I donā€™t have my Bronco yet šŸ¤£

7/14/20 reservation and converted to an order in January of 21ā€¦
Same. this guy needs to get with it.

OP
OP
BCA

BCA

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explore Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. I think the same thing about each of these threads. The lots at the Stellantis/Chrysler Mack Assembly plant on the east side are usually packed full. Even in times without supply chain issues. I donā€™t think people realize how many cars Detroit churns out. And what that many cars looks like when theyā€™re all in the same lot.

I understand the bronco rollout has been particularly fraught. But these videos and pictures never look exceptional to me. If youā€™re not used to seeing this regularly, donā€™t let it stress you out.
Been around here and part of the industry for 25 years, never seen them move vehicles to this lot and so far away from the assembly plant. Very low security and vehicles parked next to personnel vehicle just waiting for a door ding.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been around here and part of the industry for 25 years, never seen them move vehicles to this lot and so far away from the assembly plant. Very low security and vehicles parked next to personnel vehicle just waiting for a door ding.
Yeah the video only shows broncos next to each other.

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guys I was serious with my post lol I only ordered a base bronco 12/31/21 (before the new year) how hard can it be right. I even ask my dealer they said no restraints on my bronco so they are shocked not to see I don't even have a vin number yet. Went in the dealer today saw them have 10 different broncos sitting around all with soft tops. I think things are getting better

Fingers crossed I get it in 2 months or 3 months max.
I ordered a Base in 4/21, Blend 1/21ā€¦Nothing! You have no sympathy from me.
Sponsored