First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend Bronco / 2021 Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all. Just got my Bronco a couple months ago. 2 days after owning it. I was driving home from work and a tree vine fell out of a tree and completely smashed my windshield. It took 6 weeks to get replaced. I couldnt drive it at all. It's fixed now though. This is the 2nd Bronco I've owned. First one was a '86 with a 351. First thing I did with the new Bronco was replaced all the speakers with Kicker 47KSCs. I've got the Kicker Key Amp coming next week. I'll get that installed Thanksgiving weekend. I'm on the fence about adding a sub. I don't really want/need alot of bass but I'm thinking about the Kicker Hideaway. Look forward to getting ideas on mods to do as well as feedback.
Ford Bronco New guy FB_IMG_1668794317841
Ford Bronco New guy 20221002_162750
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bummer about the broken windshield. I was hit by a rock from some passing truck on the highway and had to replace my windshield. It was done two days after the windshield damage. And they used a genuine Ford Bronco windshield on it, which was absolutely identical to the original one.

I'm fine with the speakers that came in mine.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome, from Texas

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good call on the amp, it really does make a huge difference. You might decide you want a sub down the road mostly because even with really good speakers, it's still a big metal box with not a lot of insulation, but ask around, listen as much as you can and have fun along the way.

Welcome to the forum, I'll probably troll you at some point, just as a heads up :)

And dont worry about @Rick Astley , he's really harmless

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the jungle! Sucks about the windshield, glad you finally got it replaced. Lots of stuff to read through here. Enjoy!

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome! I’ve got a chipped windshield from my very first road trip with it, it happens…

I replaced 4/6 speakers and added Kicker Key 200.4 + Kicker Hideaway HS8. Sooo worth it, can’t see the Hideaway in factory location and it sounds 1000 times better than stock - but the amp really helps with that

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome! I’ve got a chipped windshield from my very first road trip with it, it happens…

I replaced 4/6 speakers and added Kicker Key 200.4 + Kicker Hideaway HS8. Sooo worth it, can’t see the Hideaway in factory location and it sounds 1000 times better than stock - but the amp really helps with that

Pretty easy upgrade?

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty easy upgrade?
Speakers, super easy. Just waiting on Mabett rear pods to upgrade those. Amplifier w/ Plug n Play harness goes super smooth - just make sure you select the correct tuning track 🤪

Subwoofer is definitely the most work, even with a Plug n Play harness. Had to DynaLine+Mat rear cargo area, move two wire clips, dremel off a stand-off for one of those clips (create room to help prevent rattles against the cargo panel), position the enclosure, run the wiring, do a quick test, affix the enclosure to the body (I screwed in the left side and then used the straps to hold the right side to the body and eliminated any wiggle it had), do another quick test, then button all the panels back up! Have taken the cargo panel off a few times to add more DynaMat as needed. Oh, the factory ground behind that passenger cargo panel did NOT work for me, so had to sand down some paint and then self tap a new ground - did that under/behind the rear seats

You can easily do this in a day if you have the materials and are patient
Sponsored