First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, you are going to be in the woods on trails walking over rocks and through the brush. Hiking boots or other high-top shoes are a good idea.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this up for the new season! I booked NH 6/10. trying to find and decent hotel. Marriott is like $500 a night in June! Didn’t realize it was such a tourist area. But Lakelife I guess!

It looks really fun and a must do for a new Bronco owner, but $600 for Me and a guest for the Offroadeo and another $1000 for a hotel is pricey for a day of offroading.

Going with my wife and she likes decent hotels. Not gonna be a camping trip😀

If anyone has any hotel recommendations, would appreciate

Sponsored
OP
OP
nabronco21

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this up for the new season! I booked NH 6/10. trying to find and decent hotel. Marriott is like $500 a night in June! Didn’t realize it was such a tourist area. But Lakelife I guess!

It looks really fun and a must do for a new Bronco owner, but $600 for Me and a guest for the Offroadeo and another $1000 for a hotel is pricey for a day of offroading.

Going with my wife and she likes decent hotels. Not gonna be a camping trip😀

If anyone has any hotel recommendations, would appreciate
We stayed at the gunstock inn not even 2 miles from the off-roadeo. They did do some remodeling but it's not a hilton, still nice though and a nice view. I had to pay for my wife but my entry was free did you not get that deal? Maybe it's not a thing anymore I'm not sure.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We stayed at the gunstock inn not even 2 miles from the off-roadeo. They did do some remodeling but it's not a hilton, still nice though and a nice view. I had to pay for my wife but my entry was free did you not get that deal? Maybe it's not a thing anymore I'm not sure.
I have to put an owner deposit $150 that gets refunded after the event and guest is $395 and I got the insurance for $75

will def check out Gunstock Inn. Thanks !

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We stayed in Concord which is about 30 minutes away. Was a nice town with a courtyard and Hilton. Had plenty of restaurants and other enmities that were within walking distance so no need to travel far. Much less expensive but isn't a resort like staying in Gunstock. At the time my dealer had a promo from Ford that gave me a $500 gift card just for going. I just had to pay for the guest, worked out well as it was just guest, food and hotel. We had a great time and I got to crunch the bottom of the Bronco without having it be my own.

Here is a video of it, was not intended but happened.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Headed up there with my son for the Off-Roadeo on 30-JUN, and can't wait! We're staying in Concord and will plan for mud. I assume they're ok if you bring a bag with additional clothes, just in case?

Also, does anyone mount a Go Pro or their phone on the dash for video?

JR

brettly

Black Diamond
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond,1990 K1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Headed up there with my son for the Off-Roadeo on 30-JUN, and can't wait! We're staying in Concord and will plan for mud. I assume they're ok if you bring a bag with additional clothes, just in case?

JR
I went to the Texas one yesterday and though it's a different site, I assume they do it similarly for all of them. A few days before your date, they'll send an email with what to wear and bring and they actually encourage bringing a change of clothes.

I didn't do the camera thing but I really wish I would have especially since I didn't have a guest that could jump out and take pics or videos.

Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JR
We stayed in Concord last year around the same time and it was only 25 min to the event. Was just fine staying there as there is a center of town with a few decent restaurants. I brought a bag of just incase stuff but didn't need to change or got dirty. It's mostly rocks and hard pack but there could be some soft spots depending on rain. You can mount anything you want as they don't care as long as you don't damage the Bronco. I did more handheld and there are folks also watching you go down some tricky parts who will share videos. I posted one a few posts ago which someone sent me. The cookout was not a real cookout but rather a catered event. Still was good food and great time talking with other future owners. Was not too many who already had a Bronco but I am sure that's changing as the number are growing.

Have fun!

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

JR
We did NH last year same time, it was quite dry and dusty, but that could easily.
We were there on a weekday so our group of 8 broncos had the whole mountain to run (we were told that there would be 3-4 groups like ours sharing the mountain). The food was good, but our group was not very social - my husband and I were the only ones who hung around to socialize and wound up talking with the guide and hosts.
We would 100% go again if a deal was offered to repeat it.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All great information, guys! I appreciate it!

I'll see what kinds of mounts I can find in the interim. I have a knock-off Go Pro, but I know they tend to get VERY hot over time, so who knows how long it'll last before it's toast. My son will also pop out to get pictures, but he's 12, going on 13, and perspective is an issue. Maybe I need to teach him a few things about that before we go, otherwise I'll have nothing but close up photos of the front left wheel and a random squirrel that happens to run by.

I'm really excited to be able to do this in someone else's Bronco, and yes, I did spend the $75 for the insurance. It was cheap enough, and I'm novice enough to feel it was worthwhile. It would be really nice if they'd let you sign up for another location at a later date. I really wanted to do Moab or Texas, but flights were insanely expensive to each location (I just paid $1016 round trip for a business trip from Charleston to Austin), and by the time my kid was out of school, it would be too damn hot in those locations.

JR

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Laconia or Meredith are cool towns. It might not be so busy now that summer is over. The Tilt'n Diner is pretty cool and decent food right as you get off the highway.
If you have the time, heading up to Mt Washington is fun. You can drive to the top if you don't feel like hiking (check their website before you go because sometimes it closes down for weather)
Funspot has a lot of old pinball machines if you like things like that
Also, there is a really big liquor store and rest stop on the highway in Hooksett, it's a decent place to take a break and you can load up on cheap liquor before you go home.
There is also plenty of breweries up there.
Go to Winnepesaukee Bay Gulls 2 (bagels) for breakfast.
(Its in Gilford.)

They have awesome breakfast sandwiches on fresh made bagels and really good coffee.
If you are going to/from Boston, or will be near Concord NH at any point, then I highly recommend stopping at Chichester Country Store for apple cider donuts.
Thank you for this thread and the local suggestions! We will be there August 24-26 with our Off Roadeo day on Friday, 25-August.

McCrosky2004

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 SWR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just book June 9th trip. Driving up from Boston, I’ll try to check out some of the recommended places to stop in this thread. Does anyone know if I can add the $75 insurance when I get there. Thanks
Sponsored