David Phan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi everyone,

Been following this forum for a while. I recently purchased a 2023 Big Bend from Sunrise Ford in Southern California on 04/21/2023. Truck came off the trailer and I was the first test driver and buyer. Bought the truck with 15 miles on the odometer. After taking the truck home and clocking in 33 miles on the odometer, I was greeted with a "Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduce Power" I tried to pull the car into the garage but noticed it was super jumper. Ended up using the Fordpass application and got a tow truck to come to pick up the car. While I waited I tried to move the car out of the garage but noticed the reverse was out.

After the car was towed to Sunrise Ford, the following day the SA called me and advised me that the transmission needed to be replaced. I wanted a new car but the dealer said there is nothing in stock Ford is sending a new transmission within a few days and the truck will be ready in two weeks. The truck was actually completed in 5 days. I was super amazed by the turnaround. After talking to the manager at Sunrise Ford. He advised me that Ford had to make it right, so they went out of their way to send a new transmission and the GM advised her team to fix my car immediately. So I was super happy that Ford and Sunrise Ford made it right. I did get a 75 bumper-to-bumper warranty for a piece of mind. I wish Ford gave me a better-extended warranty.

I love this truck and if it breaks down, I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I went ahead and purchased some Sasquatch wheels from offer up. Please with Ford urgency on my matter. Thank you, Ford.

Ford Bronco New Owner with Blown Transmission But Ford Made it Right IMG_8012

Ford Bronco New Owner with Blown Transmission But Ford Made it Right IMG_8119

Ford Bronco New Owner with Blown Transmission But Ford Made it Right IMG_8138

Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, refreshing story, way to keep a positive attitude OP! Happy you were taken care of so promptly and hoping you don’t have any further issues. Classic example of how to keep a customer happy Sunrise Ford and Fomoco👍 All companies/products have issues from time to time, it’s how you support your customer during these times that defines your “real” commitment to your customers - without whom you couldn’t survive…

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wheels look great, have a set of Wildtrack SAS wheels just waiting for my OBX to arrive

OP
OP
dphan

dphan

Big Bend
First Name
David Phan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, refreshing story, way to keep a positive attitude OP! Happy you were taken care of so promptly and hoping you don’t have any further issues. Classic example of how to keep a customer happy Sunrise Ford and Fomoco👍 All companies/products have issues from time to time, it’s how you support your customer during these times that defines your “real” commitment to your customers - without whom you couldn’t survive…
I agree. It was hard since my friends wanted me to demand for more but I realized it wasn't the dealerships fault at all. It was a production issue. I wish no one runs into the same issue I experienced.
Wheels look great, have a set of Wildtrack SAS wheels just waiting for my OBX to arrive
Sweet! You will be happy. Can't wait to see it on your truck! I did have a little rub when I crank the wheels all the way and hit a bump, besides that It's solid. MPG dropped from 20 to 17 of course but who cares when you buy this truck :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored