First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have a ‘23 wildtrak on the way…eventually. Have mods coming in the mail next week or week after. Have CP-E intercooler, AFE hot/cold charge pipes, and AFE CAI. No exhaust or tuner yet. When I get a tune was leaning on ford performance. Tuning is also new to me. Well, while I’m at it treat me like a toddler that needs explaining.

I have been reading many posts and internet chat about what’s good, what’s not, matter of opinions, stated facts…. Blah blah. Yet, have not asked any questions pertains to me and what I want.

Do I break the motor in to a certain point then add methanol and tuner? Does it not even matter? Is it something I take to ford or a tune shop? Am I missing anything else out of that build? I do have other parts/mods but nothing really pertains to this. The rest is lights, wheel spacers, dual catch can and a bronco ram air hood.

Any info is good info
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can’t tune for methanol with a ford tune. You would need a custom tuner to do that I. Which right now you’d have to go to Canada for at the moment.

Haustkraft

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AFE intake, charge pipes, magnaflow overland and JB4 @ 1500 miles, 90% on 93. I now Average just over 400 miles a week. I go 5k on internals, zero issues.

I recommend the JB4 or the Ford Performance tune.

OP
OP
Mattyp23

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can’t tune for methanol with a ford tune. You would need a custom tuner to do that I. Which right now you’d have to go to Canada for at the moment.
I do live in Canada. On Vancouver Island.

Sponsored

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a ‘23 wildtrak on the way…eventually. Have mods coming in the mail next week or week after. Have CP-E intercooler, AFE hot/cold charge pipes, and AFE CAI. No exhaust or tuner yet. When I get a tune was leaning on ford performance. Tuning is also new to me. Well, while I’m at it treat me like a toddler that needs explaining.

I have been reading many posts and internet chat about what’s good, what’s not, matter of opinions, stated facts…. Blah blah. Yet, have not asked any questions pertains to me and what I want.

Do I break the motor in to a certain point then add methanol and tuner? Does it not even matter? Is it something I take to ford or a tune shop? Am I missing anything else out of that build? I do have other parts/mods but nothing really pertains to this. The rest is lights, wheel spacers, dual catch can and a bronco ram air hood.

Any info is good info
Why methanol?

OP
OP
Mattyp23

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. Is the downside risk worth it? To me the Bronco has plenty of torque / power.
That’s why I’m just gathering info. I ask myself the question as well. Just curious as to peoples experience. Doesn’t even have to be a bronco particularly. Any boosted vehicle, what’s been the good/bad of Meth.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get hotter on the jb4 tune you can use the meth. Until you get a big tune it’s really not needed. Skip all the advice and links posted. Call alky controls and talk to Julio. He can guide you for what you need. Tank locations gonna be a challenge. Set it to come on at around 8-9 psi which will be around 11-12 in reality. Be prepared to go thru a gallon a tank of fuel when active. Figure another $11-$13 per gallon of meth per fill up.
Im running close to 30psi. Meth does make a noticeable difference on my tune. You want to be running 100% meth, not the cut down water bs
or those pre built bs kits. Running 100% you will have to tear down and maintenance the system every 2 years or so.

OP
OP
Mattyp23

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you get hotter on the jb4 tune you can use the meth. Until you get a big tune it’s really not needed. Skip all the advice and links posted. Call alky controls and talk to Julio. He can guide you for what you need. Tank locations gonna be a challenge. Set it to come on at around 8-9 psi which will be around 11-12 in reality. Be prepared to go thru a gallon a tank of fuel when active. Figure another $11-$13 per gallon of meth per fill up.
Im running close to 30psi. Meth does make a noticeable difference on my tune. You want to be running 100% meth, not the cut down water bs
or those pre built bs kits. Running 100% you will have to tear down and maintenance the system every 2 years or so.
Oh man, lots to consider then. Thank you for input. Might be in over my head then.

Foxbody Barra

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do not need to run pure methanol. Until you have a tune that has more timing and boost than your current fuel can handle its a waste.
A 50/50 or 70/30 by volume water meth combo is more likely than not great for what you’re looking to do. Also, it makes the location and type of fuel cell you use less critical. Lastly, mix it yourself. Buy M1 and distilled water. Boost Juice etc is a ripoff.
Sponsored